FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nails

Nails

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Im pleased as punch that i have kicked the habit of picking them (not biting.

I don't know technical names for bits of the nail, but where ive picked them before the bit where the nail is attached to the skin is quite a way down from the end of my finger.. will that distance shorten over time?

Do you think its important for women to have good nails (fake/natural) or not bothered?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Well done, I bit my nails for 22 years so know how difficult it is.

My own nals are really weak and break very easily hence I have false nails.

I do believe that well manicured nails do make a hand more elegant looking

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I love to see nice nails but mine have always been weak so I now have acrylics done in fact have spent all morning trying to get current ones off ready for new set tomorrow

"I love to see nice nails but mine have always been weak so I now have acrylics done in fact have spent all morning trying to get current ones off ready for new set tomorrow "

How do you get them off??

"I love to see nice nails but mine have always been weak so I now have acrylics done in fact have spent all morning trying to get current ones off ready for new set tomorrow "

I had some acrylic nails and it ruined the actual nail.. tried gel polish and much preferred it.

"I love to see nice nails but mine have always been weak so I now have acrylics done in fact have spent all morning trying to get current ones off ready for new set tomorrow

How do you get them off??"

Supposedly soaking in acetone for about half an hour but did that still nails attached, so went and bought some artificial nail remover another soak for twenty mins guess what still there lol so have filed them all off

"I love to see nice nails but mine have always been weak so I now have acrylics done in fact have spent all morning trying to get current ones off ready for new set tomorrow

I had some acrylic nails and it ruined the actual nail.. tried gel polish and much preferred it."

Im going for new ones tomorrow ready for my hols So Gel ones are better then?? Do they still last as long & does the nail polish last as long on them?

How do you get them off??

Supposedly soaking in acetone for about half an hour but did that still nails attached, so went and bought some artificial nail remover another soak for twenty mins guess what still there lol so have filed them all off "

I was thinking after I posted that Im sure there was a thread the other day about getting them off and something to do with wrapping in tinfoil and heating.

I used to have long nails when i was young but now i keep them very short cos i have sensitive skin and can get sore if i scratch myself. And i think its more hygenic.

"Im pleased as punch that i have kicked the habit of picking them (not biting.

I don't know technical names for bits of the nail, but where ive picked them before the bit where the nail is attached to the skin is quite a way down from the end of my finger.. will that distance shorten over time?

Do you think its important for women to have good nails (fake/natural) or not bothered? "

I actually think its important that EVERYONE has good nails, but then, I like to use my hands a lot during foreplay, and if you could grow spuds under them, or they are cracked and torn, urrrghhh! But I was married to a qualified beauty therapist/masseuse for 7 years so I learnt the value of a good pedicure/manicure and how to make the most from your hands. To be honest, if the ladies just had hand pics, I would be fine with that ...... (another fetish, oh dear, I may need a normal therapist)

Bitten down nails on a woman isn't a good look at all.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Do you think its important for women to have good nails (fake/natural) or not bothered? "

I think it's important for both ladies & men to have nice nails.

Can really put me off if someone has bitten, dirty or uncared for nails.

I like fake/acrylic nails especially the french manicure look ones, but just couldn't get on with them.

Tend to keep my nails filed short to medium length.

"Well done, I bit my nails for 22 years so know how difficult it is.

My own nals are really weak and break very easily hence I have false nails.

I do believe that well manicured nails do make a hand more elegant looking"

Yours were duly noted & yes I agree manicured nails (real or false) do look great and add to the femininity !

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

K gets her nails sharpened on a regular basis

I am not a nail fanatic. I think feminine grooming is very important, I always ensure I am shaven, moisturised, no hard skin on my feet etc, but my fingernails are not long.

My profession demands I do not have long nails or wear acrylics or varnish. I do not bite my nails and if I look at my palm, if I can see the white of my nail above my fingers I trim them. I am fastidious about handwashing and keeping the nails clean and long nails do harbour bacteria.

Long nails do look lovely if the varnish is not chipped etc but I can't be bothered to put varnish on in the e vening and have to remove it the next day, so I'm content to have short clean nails.

I don't know how ladies cope with very long nails. I took a photograph of myself with very long fake talons holding an icecube. It took my ages to pick up and grasp onto that ice and having to click the button on the remote fore the camera was a nightmare. I've no idea how ladies can apply make up or in fact pick up anything at all

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

I think it sounds like a bad habit I used to have, i.e. get a little bit of loose skin down the side, and pull it, then sit nibbling.

Not sure how I've kicked it but I have. Now the only problem is gardening and cleaning them afterwards.

when i was a HCA was forever washing my hands and applying alcohol gel which dried them out, then i gave up work and couldn't have long nails (i scratched little one so immediately cut them right back)

now my nails are my own.. shame i have fat dumpy fingers lol

» Add a new message to this topic