FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Change, Just Experiment or Remain!

Change, Just Experiment or Remain!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I suppose I'm a bit staid really, a "stick in the mud", if you will. But I was asked a lot of "searching" questions just recently and it's really got me wondering, am I really like that or am I just too scared to relax and not worry about what other people think?

I certainly do want to try new experiences but this can be an hostile arena... genuinely interested if other people have gone through something similar?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A couple of years ago I cared what others thought about me so I used to just hide myself behind my humour

Now I really don't care I want to try new things b4 old age grabs me

I think I am trying some new things but yes some things I’m still very traditional over. And yes it still bothers me what people think of me x

By *lla_maiWoman  over a year ago

staffordshire

Im not as bothered what most people think of me anymore besides a couple of people (family close friends). Trying to be more adventurous and try new things even if they scare me

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

I am what I am (jazz hands).

I learnt a long time ago that I just don't care. Who are they? Who are they to judge me?

Seriously, who are they?

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Yes I do care what people think of me. I wish I didn’t but I do. Having said that, I wouldn’t let that stop me or influence how I choose to spend my Fab time.

People form opinions of you based on all sorts of things and on here there is limited actual info but there is an awful lot of gossip and hearsay. I would say speak as you find and remember there are two sides to every story. Someone is always going to judge, so you can’t afford to let that influence your choices because that in turn alters your experience.

I will carry on doing my own thing in my own way as long as it’s fun to do so

Be yourself, easier said than done, go with what you're comfortable with and with people you're comfortable with.

If it doesn't feel right for you, it probably isn't.

Keep smiling

By *appy squirrelWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

i am a weird mix. got a job which is unusual and work with people who are unique. I am here and love to experiment BUT at the same time I am very mindful of what others think and can forget or even not know what I want myself. we are weird beings aren't we. but if you feel you want to try new tgings- do it. people who like you will like you anyway and the others don't count

By *otForSoftiesWoman  over a year ago

The North / Party Hard Everywhere

I used to worry but then I said fuck it. And fuck them. If people don’t like me then it’s not an issue to how I run my life, it is afterall my life and only I can be the one to live it. I may make mistakes but I’d rather regret the things I did than those I didn’t.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks for you insight...now where's the gimp mask and whip!

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

There are certain people in my life who I care what they think. I can't say I care if they think what I'm doing is freaky or something similar, that just shows their narrow mindedness, but what I don't want to do is disappoint them. I don't want to make a bad call and get myself into dodgy ground.

As far as everyone else goes, if they aren't of the open minded, tolerant variety I couldn't give a flying fuck what they think. They're the kind of people I don't want in my life anyway.

I like to experiment, I want to try new things.

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

"There are certain people in my life who I care what they think. I can't say I care if they think what I'm doing is freaky or something similar, that just shows their narrow mindedness, but what I don't want to do is disappoint them. I don't want to make a bad call and get myself into dodgy ground.

As far as everyone else goes, if they aren't of the open minded, tolerant variety I couldn't give a flying fuck what they think. They're the kind of people I don't want in my life anyway.

I like to experiment, I want to try new things."

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I suppose I'm a bit staid really, a "stick in the mud", if you will. But I was asked a lot of "searching" questions just recently and it's really got me wondering, am I really like that or am I just too scared to relax and not worry about what other people think?

I certainly do want to try new experiences but this can be an hostile arena... genuinely interested if other people have gone through something similar?

"

You're approaching the age when you will ask yourself "if not now when?" If you genuinely are a stick in the mud does it matter? When you're 90 will you think "phew I'm glad I didn't do x y or z" or will you wish you had done it?

These are all questions we asked ourselves around the 50 mark. The answer was we wanted to leap in and do new stuff, so we did. You're right it is a hostile arena and wanting to try things is a far cry from actually managing to achieve them as we have found and are still finding.

I'm lucky in that I have a partner who will push me when he knows it's just reticence holding me back. However what other people think of me doesn't bother me and why would they know what we get up to?

I'm not explaining myself very well but I understand where you're coming from. Why not start a little experimentation and stop it if you feel the mud sucking at your ankles?

» Add a new message to this topic