FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Divorce settlement

Divorce settlement

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi fab people

My mate came home to a conversation with his now ex wife.. she's had enough of their marriage and it's over... so he rents a house for himself about 5 miles from the family home his critical illness insurance paid for after being diagnosed with cancer 4 years earlier. .he's all clear now thank God.

So his insurance paid the mortgage off and now he rents somewhere for himself and his wife and 2 kids live in 5he family home that she moved a new guy into not 2 months after she said the marriage was over.

Amicably they agreed she could carry on living there and not pay him off until their youngest turns 18 and the family courts and the pair of them signed this all up legally.

Now she and her new partner are expecting and it's been pointed out that she may not be in a financial situation to pay what was legally agreed when the time comes...can she plead she can't or as she's signed a court order to say she will honour the arrangement does that mean she has to honour the agreement bear in mind she will be sitting on a 4 bed house in a nice area mortgage free and both she and her new partner earn good money..

Advice welcome as he is very worried I've already said see a solicitor but until he gets an appointment I just know someone here will know.. tia,

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I'm no legal eagle but if I posibly could I'd be trying to force a sale now or at least asap. I see a crash looming to but that's only my proprediction my Kristol ball is cloudy...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My guess would be thay if she can't buy him out at the agreed tome then the property would need to be sold at that point in order to meet her legal obligatio.

By *carlet_heavenWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in the sticks

Now really? You have got to be kidding me.

I am legally qualified to give advice on such matters but no one in the world can possibly at this stage say what will happen.

IF, IF, there is actually a Court Order then the consequences of a second family should have been explained at that time. This should have been foreseen whether this was probable & imminent at the time or not…this is what lawyers get paid for

…& people 'guessing' ????!!!!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Hi fab people

My mate came home to a conversation with his now ex wife.. she's had enough of their marriage and it's over... so he rents a house for himself about 5 miles from the family home his critical illness insurance paid for after being diagnosed with cancer 4 years earlier. .he's all clear now thank God.

So his insurance paid the mortgage off and now he rents somewhere for himself and his wife and 2 kids live in 5he family home that she moved a new guy into not 2 months after she said the marriage was over.

Amicably they agreed she could carry on living there and not pay him off until their youngest turns 18 and the family courts and the pair of them signed this all up legally.

Now she and her new partner are expecting and it's been pointed out that she may not be in a financial situation to pay what was legally agreed when the time comes...can she plead she can't or as she's signed a court order to say she will honour the arrangement does that mean she has to honour the agreement bear in mind she will be sitting on a 4 bed house in a nice area mortgage free and both she and her new partner earn good money..

Advice welcome as he is very worried I've already said see a solicitor but until he gets an appointment I just know someone here will know.. tia, "

Why are you so involved in his business?

His friend????

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Now really? You have got to be kidding me.

I am legally qualified to give advice on such matters but no one in the world can possibly at this stage say what will happen.

IF, IF, there is actually a Court Order then the consequences of a second family should have been explained at that time. This should have been foreseen whether this was probable & imminent at the time or not…this is what lawyers get paid for

…& people 'guessing' ????!!!!"

This

OP your friend would be better seeking the advice of someone qualified than using an internet forum dedicated to swinging surely?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Did they have any clause in the agreement if she met someone else? IE then the house has to be sold to divy the money out?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

OP your friend would be better seeking the advice of someone qualified than using an internet forum dedicated to swinging surely? "

If that is the case should we be discussing vapping/songs of the year etc etc as that isn't swinging

All clear from cancer, she calls an end to the relationship & ships in a guy to replace him ..........

I hope your friend makes damn sure he isn't screwed over any more!

By *wingingGuy1Man  over a year ago

Banbridge

Who cares. Is she fit? Does she swing?

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"

OP your friend would be better seeking the advice of someone qualified than using an internet forum dedicated to swinging surely?

If that is the case should we be discussing vapping/songs of the year etc etc as that isn't swinging"

I wasn't suggesting that non-swinging subjects shouldn't be discussed at all - the OP asked for advice on a legal matter (with potential legal ramifications if that advice is taken) as opposed to a discussion around it, so my suggestion was more around the fact that non-qualified advice on such a matter was probably best not sought here

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Hi fab people

Advice welcome as he is very worried I've already said see a solicitor but until he gets an appointment I just know someone here will know.. tia,

Why are you so involved in his business? "

I'm his best mate and I hate seeing him so low.. he is still coming to terms of the whole divorce. . That is why I'm asking. .. to try and put his mind at ease

"Hi fab people

I'm his best mate and I hate seeing him so low.. he is still coming to terms of the whole divorce. . That is why I'm asking. .. to try and put his mind at ease"

Which is what a good friend would do.

Some of the above posters haven't a Danny!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Hi fab people

I'm his best mate and I hate seeing him so low.. he is still coming to terms of the whole divorce. . That is why I'm asking. .. to try and put his mind at ease"

We are all different I suppose.

I could think of 100 ways to help a friend in need. Fab lounge wouldn't be one of them.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

If that is the case should we be discussing vapping/songs of the year etc etc as that isn't swinging

I wasn't suggesting that non-swinging subjects shouldn't be discussed at all - the OP asked for advice on a legal matter (with potential legal ramifications if that advice is taken) as opposed to a discussion around it, so my suggestion was more around the fact that non-qualified advice on such a matter was probably best not sought here "

He asked for advice , he didn't say legal as he mentioned his friend will be doing that.

I know every situation will be different so the outcome wouldn't be the same, but there may be people who have been through this situation that may be able to advise what happened to them in the same situation

"so my suggestion was more around the fact that non-qualified advice on such a matter was probably best not sought here "

I think this is one of the best places to come for non-qualified advice, it's nearly always uplifting, surreal and humourous.

Gemini man is right though. Your friend should take some proper legal advice on the matter.

He's lucky he has a good friend though

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I'm his best mate and I hate seeing him so low.. he is still coming to terms of the whole divorce. . That is why I'm asking. .. to try and put his mind at ease

"

Most of us have friends that we share things with and try and help if we can.

Sadly you won't be able to put his mind at rest as these things are complex and it depends on what was in the contract between them, but I know of someone who had a condition in their contract that if his ex moved someone into the house she has to buy him out or sell the house for him to get his share. If your friend has the same condition he will be able to enforce that.

"Hi fab people

Advice welcome as he is very worried I've already said see a solicitor but until he gets an appointment I just know someone here will know.. tia, "

surely if they've had an agreement drawn up he should be seeking the advice from whoever advised and approved the agreement for him NOT from a load of swingers?

"Hi fab people

surely if they've had an agreement drawn up he should be seeking the advice from whoever advised and approved the agreement for him NOT from a load of swingers?"

But he isn't, is he.

» Add a new message to this topic