FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Don't mess with an Elderly Lady

Don't mess with an Elderly Lady

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Last night I took Ali and her friends to Bingo. In the foyer a little old lady dropped her tickets, seeing her struggle I went over to pick them up for her, the look she gave me and the mouthful of abuse I got from her was unbelievable. " I wont win now, you should never touch someones tickets" you've jinxed me now I felt awful and said to Ali I would just meet them in the car park later rathe r than coming in to risk the wrath of old age venom again... so ladies is this a thing , did I do wrong. Ali and her mates by the way found my embarrassment rather funny

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I got shouted at by an old lady in bingo for "dabbing" too loudly

Lol there Dangerous, serious business this bingo malarkey

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

No you didn't do wrong,she was just a silly old mare

I will never be old enough to play bingo! Silly old bat! Some people take some superstitions far too seriously!

"No you didn't do wrong,she was just a silly old mare "
cheers if looks could kill I wouldn't be hear to tell the story

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Should of punted the old cow up the arse.

How's ya luck now?

"I will never be old enough to play bingo! Silly old bat! Some people take some superstitions far too seriously! "
didn't even know it was a thing , I do now though

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Being old isn't an excuse to be nasty. But I have noticed with my parents that certain social filters seem to get turned off. It can be embarrassing.

Has anyone ever sat in their lucky seat

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

That really is, growing old disgracefully

What an old bag, how ungrateful of her XXX

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"Being old isn't an excuse to be nasty. But I have noticed with my parents that certain social filters seem to get turned off. It can be embarrassing.

"

Exactly, Some seem to be under the weird belief that just being old should garner respect, not if you're a cantankerous old bugger it doesn't.

Having had a child with a blue badge I can confirm that some of the nastiest spiteful people live in the octogenarian age bracket.

S

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Most people have the grace to accept the kindness and support of strangers as ranking in higher importance and value than rigidly making a point, to the cost of someone generously going out of their way to help them.

This woman was seriously out of order and would likely be scorned by others of her generation. I'd hope that she otherwise is a warm hearted soul but had perhaps had a tough time that she gets over.

By *aisyDDWoman  over a year ago

North West

"Has anyone ever sat in their lucky seat "

Wow!!! That would be a step too far!!!! I’ve hosted a charity bingo night and got numerous bollockings from the old ladies for stuff not getting done right.

"Last night I took Ali and her friends to Bingo. In the foyer a little old lady dropped her tickets, seeing her struggle I went over to pick them up for her, the look she gave me and the mouthful of abuse I got from her was unbelievable. " I wont win now, you should never touch someones tickets" you've jinxed me now I felt awful and said to Ali I would just meet them in the car park later rathe r than coming in to risk the wrath of old age venom again... so ladies is this a thing , did I do wrong. Ali and her mates by the way found my embarrassment rather funny "

You had a lucky escape mate, she could have kungfu'd your ass!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Being old isn't an excuse to be nasty. But I have noticed with my parents that certain social filters seem to get turned off. It can be embarrassing.

Exactly, Some seem to be under the weird belief that just being old should garner respect, not if you're a cantankerous old bugger it doesn't.

Having had a child with a blue badge I can confirm that some of the nastiest spiteful people live in the octogenarian age bracket.

S"

My parents would never be spiteful or nasty in the circumstances you describe. They just say things out loud that would best remain as thoughts

I used to be a bingo caller!

That's tame

Don't even think about sitting in their favourite seat.

By *wo4FemCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

I used to be a bingo caller a good few years ago. Bingo players have their beliefs and you should've asked if she wanted help before picking up her books. You're lucky she didn't slap you with her handbag.

There used to be 2 older ladies who played where I worked who always had to be the first 2 people in the queue to buy the books. They believed that they had more chance of winning that way. Can't say that they did but they did win £50000 playing the national bingo game.

Mr2

"I used to be a bingo caller a good few years ago. Bingo players have their beliefs and you should've asked if she wanted help before picking up her books. You're lucky she didn't slap you with her handbag.

There used to be 2 older ladies who played where I worked who always had to be the first 2 people in the queue to buy the books. They believed that they had more chance of winning that way. Can't say that they did but they did win £50000 playing the national bingo game.

Mr2 "

Well if she slips in the car park while its frosty over the festive period, I'm leaving her to it, although I will let the staff know

By *uzzy NavelWoman  over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

"Last night I took Ali and her friends to Bingo. In the foyer a little old lady dropped her tickets, seeing her struggle I went over to pick them up for her, the look she gave me and the mouthful of abuse I got from her was unbelievable. " I wont win now, you should never touch someones tickets" you've jinxed me now I felt awful and said to Ali I would just meet them in the car park later rathe r than coming in to risk the wrath of old age venom again... so ladies is this a thing , did I do wrong. Ali and her mates by the way found my embarrassment rather funny "

Hope you threw the tickets on the floor again so her luck returned. she was just rude... you took the high road and proved you've got manners x

By *wo4FemCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"I used to be a bingo caller a good few years ago. Bingo players have their beliefs and you should've asked if she wanted help before picking up her books. You're lucky she didn't slap you with her handbag.

Mr2 Well if she slips in the car park while its frosty over the festive period, I'm leaving her to it, although I will let the staff know "

Don't forget to laugh. Ha ha.

By *ammyharrogateWoman  over a year ago

Harrogate

Wow you have ruined her luck with the bingo gods tut tut. I once went to bingo with my Nan when she was alive and some of the superstition were crazy and beyond belief. My man used to have drop her dabber on the floor twice and pick it up with each hand and I don’t know why !!! When she dropped it first time I tried helping wow big mistake

By *ammyharrogateWoman  over a year ago

Harrogate

*nan not man

I got wrong for talking during bingo and never went back .It's hard keeping quiet that long

They take it seriously the little oldies

By *onbons_xxMan  over a year ago

Bolton

I didn't know bingo etiquette was such a big thing!

I hope that lady lost by the way

I moved into a new house in a new village and a neighbour dragged me to the local bingo. Got informed after having bought tickets etc. That as a new person, I couldn't win the jackpot or the snowman, as I hadn't invested enough time or money in it. Asked what to do if I cleared my ticket first and got daggers by a lot of regulars. Luckily, the neighbour who took me won, she bought her tickets and mine together, so it was close. I left with nothing and haven't been back since!

» Add a new message to this topic