FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why do Mums do the best Sunday Lunch

Why do Mums do the best Sunday Lunch

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Off to my Mums for Sunday lunch and a few beers in the pub with my dad. Lovely roast pork and crackling. Nobody not even restaurants can beat my mums Sunday lunch why is it. Happy Sunday to you all.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Because it's cooked with love

Sunday lunch is always more enjoyable when someone else has cooked it. I used to love my mum's sunday lunch, still do in fact, but I've honed my own cooking skills over the years and in contradiction of what I said at the beginning of this post - I cook a mean Sunday dinner!

Actually I have to confess that my sons mash is way better than mine..and he has started to take over and cook the sunday dinner most weekends.. he thinks that I deserve the rest..

I would actually prefer to be cooking and the kids washing up if I am honest lol

I miss my mums lemon merienge pie though.. I have the recipe and everything but it just never ever tastes like my mums

Cali

It's not always the case. If I visit my mum on a Sunday I cook. It's best that way, trust me

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

After being out last night... I could murder a sunday roast!!!

my mum always fetches cakes or a pudding up when she visits. i love it so do my kids. i cant go for sunday lunch or i would do.

my sons going to his grandmas today for his favourite meal spag bol he loves the way she does it.

By *o Peep n WoodyCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

Other way round for me. Mum comes to me for Sunday lunch.

Bless her, veggies were always boiled for 40mins, meat roasted until crispy and lumpy gravy.

Made great poached eggs though

"Off to my Mums for Sunday lunch and a few beers in the pub with my dad. Lovely roast pork and crackling. Nobody not even restaurants can beat my mums Sunday lunch why is it. Happy Sunday to you all."

This is soooooo true.Roast dinners are always good, but when my mum does them, the quality goes up a whole new level

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I miss my mums Sunday Roasts

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

My mum never cooked the sunday roast, it was always my dad that cooked it, and I learnt from him, especially how to make proper gravy, not this instant stuff you get nowadays.. Sadly I will never get to eat his sunday roasts anymore, he passed away about 21 yrs ago.

Devil

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

We've been to my mum's for sunday dinner today - only time we really get a roast

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Not true.

Cos we grow up with them, so are acclimatised to our own Mums particular one!

So tonights was roast beef, yorkies, roast and new pots, peas, carrots, runners and broccoli, not forgetting fabulous gravy mmmm- oh and apple crumble and custard for puds, with a portion to take home too!

And I wonder why I'm not thin!!!!

Not mine - she's got a black belt in cookery (can kill a man with one chop)

One the other hand, she does make a lovely shepherds soup

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

"Cos we grow up with them, so are acclimatised to our own Mums particular one!

So tonights was roast beef, yorkies, roast and new pots, peas, carrots, runners and broccoli, not forgetting fabulous gravy mmmm- oh and apple crumble and custard for puds, with a portion to take home too!

And I wonder why I'm not thin!!!! "

I'm guessing very few would be making complaints about your size

"Cos we grow up with them, so are acclimatised to our own Mums particular one!

And I wonder why I'm not thin!!!!

I'm guessing very few would be making complaints about your size "

He he just the poor devils that end up underneath me lol

I loved my nanas Yorkshire pudding. She made them with self raising flour but I can never get mine to rise if I try it.

Everyone loves my Sunday lunches but I get fed up to the back teeth of it by the time it comes to sit down and eat it and I leave half of mine.

But Monday fry up of the left over veg with cold roast meat, fried egg and pickled red cabbage, reading sundays papers in splendid isolation.... now you're talking!

"I loved my nanas Yorkshire pudding. She made them with self raising flour but I can never get mine to rise if I try it.

Everyone loves my Sunday lunches but I get fed up to the back teeth of it by the time it comes to sit down and eat it and I leave half of mine.

But Monday fry up of the left over veg with cold roast meat, fried egg and pickled red cabbage, reading sundays papers in splendid isolation.... now you're talking!"

try adding an extra egg and a bit of oil as you mix and make sure your tray is bubbling hot when you pour it in. Also leave it to stand for ten mins at least before you pour it in.

"

try adding an extra egg and a bit of oil as you mix and make sure your tray is bubbling hot when you pour it in. Also leave it to stand for ten mins at least before you pour it in. "

Thanks for the tip - I'll experiment xxx

» Add a new message to this topic