FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Aus v Eng World Cup final

Aus v Eng World Cup final

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Australia v England .. World Cup final 9 a.m.

Come on England !!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

England win by 7 with a Widdop Drop Goal.... you heard it here first!

8.30 start on the beeb so will stay tucked up under my warm covers until 8.15 then get the fry up going!

Will be a tight match, final score will be a narrow margin.. I will go for aus.

100% concentration for the full 80 minutes to be within a chance of winning!

They'll have to play the best, most intense, error-free game of League they've ever played if they want to win bad enough, - as simple as that!

Looking forward to this.

"They'll have to play the best, most intense, error-free game of League they've ever played if they want to win bad enough, - as simple as that!

Looking forward to this."

Very true ... and perhaps cop a bit of luck too!

"They'll have to play the best, most intense, error-free game of League they've ever played if they want to win bad enough, - as simple as that!

Looking forward to this.

Very true ... and perhaps cop a bit of luck too!"

true maybe too.

I can only look back at the times not so long ago when they were beaten in the World Cup & tri/quad series finals by the Kiwis & that's how they beat them; - full-on, in-your-face, skillful & brutal Rugby League for 80 mins , & gang tackles whenever the Aussies had the ball near the touchline to win back possession.

I'd love to see it happen again!

[Removed by poster at 02/12/17 07:39:39]

Should have taken the 2 points, - WC Final ffs

Bit frustrating listening on the radio ..... so far

And again ........... Two kickable penalties won, both refused & both knocked on.

Brains needed out there

By *naquest321Man  over a year ago

Carlisle

What channel is it on in the uk I’m in the States

"What channel is it on in the uk I’m in the States "

BBC1

I disagree. 6 points down against the Aussies and you're unlikely to get 4 kickable penalties to win the game. The problem is the options we've taken in their 20 and the execution. We've bombed 2 or 3 decent chances and you have to take them against the best team in the world. Oh for an Andy Gregory and Sean Edwards in this team... Gale and Brown just aren't anywhere near that class. Massive shame as we've got a pack that more than matches theirs.

Agree Manc. At half back the skill gets coached out of them in the UK..

"I disagree. 6 points down against the Aussies and you're unlikely to get 4 kickable penalties to win the game. The problem is the options we've taken in their 20 and the execution. We've bombed 2 or 3 decent chances and you have to take them against the best team in the world. Oh for an Andy Gregory and Sean Edwards in this team... Gale and Brown just aren't anywhere near that class. Massive shame as we've got a pack that more than matches theirs."

take the points & 9 times out of 10 you get the ball back & the Aussies, who were looking a bit ragged, have another set of 6 to face.

The Aussies would have taken the points if the situation was reversed.

"I disagree. 6 points down against the Aussies and you're unlikely to get 4 kickable penalties to win the game. The problem is the options we've taken in their 20 and the execution. We've bombed 2 or 3 decent chances and you have to take them against the best team in the world. Oh for an Andy Gregory and Sean Edwards in this team... Gale and Brown just aren't anywhere near that class. Massive shame as we've got a pack that more than matches theirs.

take the points & 9 times out of 10 you get the ball back & the Aussies, who were looking a bit ragged, have another set of 6 to face.

The Aussies would have taken the points if the situation was reversed. "

They had an easy 2 early on and kicked for the corner....

By *naquest321Man  over a year ago

Carlisle

"What channel is it on in the uk I’m in the States

BBC1"

Cheers, trying to get it on iPhone

They're better at the small things aren't they? Kicking..building pressure..we haven't pressured their try line this half

"I disagree. 6 points down against the Aussies and you're unlikely to get 4 kickable penalties to win the game. The problem is the options we've taken in their 20 and the execution. We've bombed 2 or 3 decent chances and you have to take them against the best team in the world. Oh for an Andy Gregory and Sean Edwards in this team... Gale and Brown just aren't anywhere near that class. Massive shame as we've got a pack that more than matches theirs.

The Aussies would have taken the points if the situation was reversed.

They had an easy 2 early on and kicked for the corner...."

"If the situation was reversed"

.....They also went for a drop goal early in the tackle count after about 35 mins ........ scoreboard thinking!

"Will be a tight match, final score will be a narrow margin.. I will go for aus."

As I said.. Close one but Aussie won it..

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Bollox!

‘Proper rugby’

Can’t fault our lads efforts.

That was one of the least exciting, lowest skill factor games of any sport I’ve ever seen.

Who’d of guessed Australia would win another rugby league World Cup eh ?

Great effort but 2 or 3 moments of poor execution cost us. Cannot fault the commitment and some outstanding individual efforts but we could have won that game. Those sodding Aussies always find a way don't they?!

Where do we go from here? Well we'll need to replace SOL, Graham, Roby & possibly both wingers (who'll be 32/33 I think by the next WC). Gildart into left centre & Tom Johnstone on one wing are the obvious 2 and then we need to find some genuine quality in the halves. Hopefully Daryl Clark rediscovers his form as he'll be a natural replacement for Roby.

Immensely proud of the boys again and just hope we can build on it.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Forwards were great,backs not so much and it cost us.

I think Bennett needs to rethink his selection,Bateman and Brown not a good combo.

Hard lines to the players who played their hearts out throughout this tournament.

Miss

"‘Proper rugby’

Can’t fault our lads efforts.

That was one of the least exciting, lowest skill factor games of any sport I’ve ever seen.

Who’d of guessed Australia would win another rugby league World Cup eh ?"

Spoken like a true Yawnion fan. I get your point though... what we really needed was a dozen fat guys rolling around on top of each other for 80 minutes while the guys that are capable of running more than 10 yards scream for a touch of the ball!

"I disagree. 6 points down against the Aussies and you're unlikely to get 4 kickable penalties to win the game. The problem is the options we've taken in their 20 and the execution. We've bombed 2 or 3 decent chances and you have to take them against the best team in the world. Oh for an Andy Gregory and Sean Edwards in this team... Gale and Brown just aren't anywhere near that class. Massive shame as we've got a pack that more than matches theirs."

errrrrrrrm lmao

having said that, the art of ball protection cost England the World Cup, because handling errors aside, England were the best team & surprisingly finished the stronger team.

Perhaps that was due to the Aussies lacking a competitive game in the last 5 weeks but the fact is that England turned down 3 easy penalty kicks & lost 6 nil !

Roll on the six nations and some proper rugby.

*Runs....

» Add a new message to this topic