FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Losing someone and moving on

Losing someone and moving on

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Going to open myzelf to a lot of flak here, but, i lost someone Christmas day 1986. Killed me stone dead regarding xmS as something to enjoy.

Im not religious zo feel ill never meet her when i pass on.

I have a loathing of Xmas and always find it hard.

Habe others found it to move on if you split or get dumped.?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Bereavement is a bugger, esp this time of year

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I split with my ex last year and lost 2 close friends this year, one the other day, And it isnt pleasant at all. Just got to be strong dude. These things happen and it does suck

"I split with my ex last year and lost 2 close friends this year, one the other day, And it isnt pleasant at all. Just got to be strong dude. These things happen and it does suck "

Thanks, yep, keep moving on

By *wisted2000Woman  over a year ago

under my rock cleethorpes

I’m sending you both big hugs, no one can say anything to make it better and it’s crap when they say time will heal, it doesn’t, you just learn to adjust instead

Would distraction work? Do something nice for others to make you feel better? There's probably loads of charities needing a hand at that time of year.

Not lost anyone at Xmas but I don't like Xmas, not the same without my mum here. I go through the motions but it's just another day.

Sending hugs xxxxx

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

An ex of mine lost his mum at Christmas so his family didn't do Christmas - understandably. No law that says you have to celebrate, do what suits you and remember it will soon pass, tough few days but it is just a few days - focus on other stuff in the meantime.

It will be 12 years on the 3rd of December since my Mum literally dropped dead at 60. Today my daughter is celebrating her 21st Birthday. It's always a bitter sweet time for me. Whilst my grandad died on new year's eve and I always remember how sad it made my mum in the following years, I've always tried to make Christmas special, without spending a fortune and I know my Mum always put so much effort into making Christmas special for us as kids ( without having much money)

I do think it's hard to carry on regardless sometimes though. X

hugs back to each and all of yous, thanks for replies not keen on talking about an immotive subject, i wish yous all peace n long happy lives xxx

I can totaly sympathise with you OP, my dad lost his struggle against cancer on the 18th December 15 years ago so December is not the best of months for me either, I know they say time heals all wounds but Christmas time always pokes at the old scar

"I can totaly sympathise with you OP, my dad lost his struggle against cancer on the 18th December 15 years ago so December is not the best of months for me either, I know they say time heals all wounds but Christmas time always pokes at the old scar "

Lost mine just after new years day, 25yrs ago, still ferls crap. Im cursed with a good memory too so remember arguments with ex girlfriends an why we fell out etc.

One still owes me 20 pence from 1990.. Grrrrr

"Would distraction work? Do something nice for others to make you feel better? There's probably loads of charities needing a hand at that time of year. "

Yes i do that, and keeps me occupied.

I donate stuff, money plus also lend a hand.

"Going to open myzelf to a lot of flak here, but, i lost someone Christmas day 1986. Killed me stone dead regarding xmS as something to enjoy.

Im not religious zo feel ill never meet her when i pass on.

I have a loathing of Xmas and always find it hard.

Habe others found it to move on if you split or get dumped.? "

My Dad past away three years gone October then out of the blue 6 months later my partner pasted away as I was grieving for Dad losing him to was unbearable and I still have bad days

Birthdays and Christmas are hard and I haven't really moved on but I do believe that il meet them both again which helps me

Big hugs Op

Lost my gran on my birthday; later I split with a partner of 7 years also on my birthday. Another serious relationship ended on Dec 22nd, and another on Boxing Day.

Needless to say both occasions hold their share of bad memories, which can take the gloss off, so I figure if I can't celebrate properly at the 'right' time, I'll celebrate every day in between instead......or as many of them as possible, at any rate!

» Add a new message to this topic