FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Best Vitamins

Best Vitamins

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi what vitamins do people recommend as I need a pick up this winter ,lack of energy and tired but I am working hard ,thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icky-discoMan  over a year ago

oxford

"Hi what vitamins do people recommend as I need a pick up this winter ,lack of energy and tired but I am working hard ,thanks "

I take all sorts of vitamins mate berocca in the morning being my favourite at the moment but it’s not all about vitamins a good diet and exercise is key

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"Hi what vitamins do people recommend as I need a pick up this winter ,lack of energy and tired but I am working hard ,thanks "

Mrs M was having this conversation with our doc just the other day.

He said that you are wasting your money buying vitamins and supplements if you have a good diet as the food will contain all that you need.

Time to fetch some more fruit.

Why is it that anything that tastes nice is bad for you ?

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"Hi what vitamins do people recommend as I need a pick up this winter ,lack of energy and tired but I am working hard ,thanks

I take all sorts of vitamins mate berocca in the morning being my favourite at the moment but it’s not all about vitamins a good diet and exercise is key "

You beat me too it

Have veg pretty much every day ,I'm not a massive fruit person but will give some a go .i have cut out alcohol almost completely now .

"Hi what vitamins do people recommend as I need a pick up this winter ,lack of energy and tired but I am working hard ,thanks

I take all sorts of vitamins mate berocca in the morning being my favourite at the moment but it’s not all about vitamins a good diet and exercise is key "

are berocca multi one please

oxford

I take all sorts of vitamins mate berocca in the morning being my favourite at the moment but it’s not all about vitamins a good diet and exercise is key

You beat me too it "

great minds

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mrs M was having this conversation with our doc just the other day.

He said that you are wasting your money buying vitamins and supplements if you have a good diet as the food will contain all that you need.

Time to fetch some more fruit.

Why is it that anything that tastes nice is bad for you ?"

...... or bland, good for you

oxford

I take all sorts of vitamins mate berocca in the morning being my favourite at the moment but it’s not all about vitamins a good diet and exercise is key are berocca multi one please"

It’s a vitamin c thing I have one before the gym gives you a good morning boost

I take all sorts of vitamins mate berocca in the morning being my favourite at the moment but it’s not all about vitamins a good diet and exercise is key are berocca multi one please

It’s a vitamin c thing I have one before the gym gives you a good morning boost "

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

"Why is it that anything that tastes nice is bad for you ?"

It tricks your brain. They up the fat and carb to reach 50:50 ratio. This combination does not exist in nature, but our brain releases a chemical asking us to have more because it seems ideal energy source.

Sadly, we cant process it properly so we end up storing ever last calorie of it as fat.

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

God almighty. You need iron supplements mate if you want to improve your energy long term and not just for a few hours with Berocca. Don't you people know anything?!

oxford

"God almighty. You need iron supplements mate if you want to improve your energy long term and not just for a few hours with Berocca. Don't you people know anything?!"

Enlighten us please

By *affy72Woman  over a year ago

Herefordshire

I'm not surprised when I hear GPs saying don't bother with vitamins when they know very little about nutrition. The sad fact is our soil doesn't contain the nutrients it once did so fruit and veg won't give us all the vitamins and minerals we need.

I would recommend vitamin c, vitamins D3 & k2, co-enzyme q10, and at night (four hours after last meal) magnesium. Magnesium aids sleep as it's a relaxant (and has been fantastic for reducing my migraines) so should help with energy the following day.

After a period of illness I was recommended something called Floradix liquid. U can get it from Holland and Barrett. It's not cheap but contains lots of good stuff to build you back up. I think there is something about it being liquid that the body absorbs it easier?

Black seed oil ...

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Are you drinking enough water? Dehydration can also leave you very tired x

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

You may need a blood test check your vit d. Iron and thyroid .kaz

My GP recommended Vitamin D, he said that the majority of people in the UK are vitamin D deficient because of how little sunlight we get!

I've been taking it for a few weeks and although I haven't noticed an enormous difference I do have more energy and I'm recovering from colds and things quicker than previous years.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"I'm not surprised when I hear GPs saying don't bother with vitamins when they know very little about nutrition. The sad fact is our soil doesn't contain the nutrients it once did so fruit and veg won't give us all the vitamins and minerals we need.

I would recommend vitamin c, vitamins D3 & k2, co-enzyme q10, and at night (four hours after last meal) magnesium. Magnesium aids sleep as it's a relaxant (and has been fantastic for reducing my migraines) so should help with energy the following day."

I was just about to type the same thing!

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"My GP recommended Vitamin D, he said that the majority of people in the UK are vitamin D deficient because of how little sunlight we get!

I've been taking it for a few weeks and although I haven't noticed an enormous difference I do have more energy and I'm recovering from colds and things quicker than previous years."

That’s exactly what it does, among other things.

Take a gander at the Vitamin D council.

Thanks for the advice

sanatogen gold A-Z multivit

Vit-D is often worthwhile in winter if you don't see the sun much. But generally most multivits tend to just make expensive piss. Only real benefit is if you're deficient in something.

Arrrr! But how do you know if you're deficient? Well, unless you get a full blood panel you don't, and they aren't that pricey really so a one a day job won't do you any harm.

By *arkRichMan  over a year ago

Manchester City Centre

Lack of energy can be caused bu lots of things...

Sometimes a natural hormone/testosterone booster, such as ZMA (Zinc Magnesium B vits) can help to get your energy levels up...

Also good for natural sleep and recovery when taken at night time

Vitamin D is the only vitamin we in the colder parts of europe dont get enough of form foods during the winter. b complex, E and C are good ones for men to focus on

Just take a multi vitamin although vitamins are micro nutrients so they are not likely to make much difference to your energy level.

» Add a new message to this topic