FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Root canal treatment.

Root canal treatment.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone had this done?

Ive never had anything like this done on my mouth before.

It was done yesterday morning, and I expected it to be tender, but its bloody sore.

Havent slept, cant chew, cant even close my mouth properly because its sends a jarring pain through my mouth.

Is this normal?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't know cause never had it done but get well soon

I thought it was quiet xx

"Anyone had this done?

It was done yesterday morning, and I expected it to be tender, but its bloody sore.

Havent slept, cant chew, cant even close my mouth properly because its sends a jarring pain through my mouth.

Is this normal?"

i would get back t o the dentist you may have an infection ..i had this about 20 years ago ...dont want to worry ou but honestly it shouldnt hurt that much afterwards

yeh had to have it done last year on a broken molar i left to long

they gave me an appointment 2 weeks from tellin me so i did shits loads of research. all said it was the worst and most painful procedure in dentistry.

so i went in bricking it lol they used a lil syringe and injected a numbing agent. within minutes that area was numb. 25 mins later it was over and i hardly felt a thing

even afew hours later when it wore off i had only a mild soreness in the area

dw about it to much

By *iggles and BeardyCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

umm shouldn't hurt at all (apart from a bit of local area soreness) had mine done after a broke a tooth at xmas.

They drilled in, removed the nerve and filled the hole..

"

i would get back t o the dentist you may have an infection ..i had this about 20 years ago ...dont want to worry ou but honestly it shouldnt hurt that much afterwards "

Thank you.

I didnt know if this pain was normal.

If I have another night like last night I will phone in the morning.

if there was an infection in the tooth beforehand they shouldve put on on a course of antibiotics before they done the root canal. thats what i was on the 2 weeks before it

By *iggles and BeardyCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Mine still anoys me after 5yrs it still hasnt fallen out!! dentist told me, we wont pull it as it will fall out soon anyway as it has no nerve anymore..

All it's done is go darker and darker and somtimes confuses me by being sensitive to cold drinks..

"Mine still anoys me after 5yrs it still hasnt fallen out!! dentist told me, we wont pull it as it will fall out soon anyway as it has no nerve anymore..

All it's done is go darker and darker and somtimes confuses me by being sensitive to cold drinks.."

mines was drilled and dug out. they just left a lil bit they fitted the crown on

i still get some pain in the area aswell

i had anti biotics before i had it done and was brilliant, most uncomfortable thing about it was the jaw ache after

Keeping your mouth wide open for 2 hours isnt great.

[Removed by poster at 14/09/11 18:07:41]

By *lackboaWoman  over a year ago

greenock

i had a front tooth done a few months ago.......it was sore after but not all that bad.....if the pain is keeping you awake.....and you are taking the usual painkillers then you need to go back to the dentist quickly........they may see you as an emergency if you are very sore....E xx

Im going to give it 1 more night.

But I can see me being on the dentists doorstep for him opening.

dental work can be no laughing matter, i have really sensitive teeth, have to have 5 injections on average every visit, apparently because i grind my teeth, will soon be sporting a sexy night guard to compensate, sad times .

But seriously should not be that kind of pain after the event get an emergency appointment.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

[Removed by poster at 14/09/11 21:12:33]

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"Anyone had this done?

Is this normal?"

I've been with my dentist for over 20 years. He is excellent and recognises that I have what is known by dentists as "Acute Dental Phobia"

I'm very susceptible to dental work; I have to be prescribed Valium just to go for a Check -Up.

For any type of work from a filling right through to root Canal or even extractions, it all has to be done under Sedation.

My dentist and his colleagues know that from my perspective, it is less stressful for me, and certainly safer for the dental team, plus they get the work done so much faster if I'm partially in the "Land of Nod!"

I had Root Canal work done once before; my dentist said it was tough work even with me "off this planet!"; if I'd have been conscious during thr treatment, it would have been bloody awful (his words, not mine!).

I'm due similar work again, postponed until I get back into F/T work, as Sedation isn't done under the NHS. It has to be paid Privately, and will cost me around £1300.

Yup, and it hurt, big time!

The tooth did last for a few more years before it had to come up completely, nevermind.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Anyone had this done?

Is this normal?"

Mine didn't hurt after the cocaine had worn off.

I did regret getting it done though and wish they had just taken it out as it has always felt as if it is too tight ( the only way I know to describe it )

By *rs ColourfulCouple  over a year ago

Newton Abbot

I had one done back in April, the dentist prescribed y a course of anti -biotics as i was going away a few days afer completion, have had very little trouble from it until sunday, am now sporting a swollen face and on another course of anti-biotics... did not hurt after, like others I would suggest seeing your dentist for further advice... toothache is the worse pain ever x

By *r ManxMan  over a year ago

NeverWhere

I have had 5 root canal’s some were ok the following day. The last one hurt for 5 days Take some ibuprofen 400 mg then leave it 2 hours and take some co/codamol alternate every 2 hrs. If not right after 48 hrs call your dentist back for advice

i was at the dentist a few weeks ago cos i thought i had toothace. so me being soft went for penacillin as she thought it was a gum infection i took them and it dident work so i went back so she gave me them ones you cant drink with so me being me says i will wait and take them next week anyway it got worse and i mean worse i felt like pulling the tooth myself wich would be no good as it was my gum . at one point the pain was so bad i was going go t the hospital lol i have just finished them and its ok i hope lol if your in the same kind of pain i was in get str8 to the dentist and take the tablets . i feel for you as i know what its like xxxxx

The pain is making me me feel sick.

I cant take brufen

So be taking co codamol 30/500's.

Every 4 hours.

I will be at the dentist 1st thing in the morning.

xx

"Anyone had this done?

Is this normal?"

Yes and it leaves you feeling so bad. I wouldn't say its normal as some people don't have too many problems but it gets better in a few days.

Went to see my dentist this morning.

He says it all looking fine. And pain is normal (only a dentist would think pain is normal).

But gave me anti biotics just in case there is any kind of underlying infection.

Just to be on the safe side! If sure that was ment to make me feel better.

But big suprise it didnt.

last time i went i hit the poor guy.was he said put yah hand up if it hurts .bloody hurt all right put hand up hit in right in the face

» Add a new message to this topic