FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > No matter what I do

No matter what I do

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

or how hard I work at the gym i'll never be as big as some of the guys at my local gym lol. One word springs to mind. Roids, lol. Not all but most are on them.

Been boxing and Thai boxing for years but never done the heavy gym work with it, but really enjoying it :D

Give me 14 weeks and ill be hitting harder than iv ever managed.

Anyone else into the gym? Some are trying to convince me to do a course of roids but so far iv resisted.

Do the women on here have a consenses on roid heads, cool or uncool? lol. x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't they shrivell your willy ?

Forum Mod

Walnuts!

I have an opinion on them being called roids.

I believe they can make people uncontrollably aggressive, not really worth taking that risk in my opinion.

could easily end up hurting someone you care for or/and end up with a criminal record, all for the sake of looking muscular.

Don't forget about the exploding bollocks syndrome

Seriously... have you the potential for muscle building? You may not have the physique. Some people just lack muscle tone and are destined not to be able to bulk it up. Same as some people have flat bums or moobs or are flat chested. Nature doesnt come in one size fits all.

Depends what you call big? Do you mean big for show, or big for strength?

You can do it naturaly, but it just takes longer, but then if you're a gym bunny you'll already know that.

When I was younger I was obsessed with breaking 200lb bench press, then it was 250lb, then 300lb.

Did it all naturally too.

I'm 54 and can still do 250lb, only one rep mind, but I can still do it.

personally i'd be much more impressed by someone who woked hard to get a body than someone that took a short cut even if that short cut got them a bigger one

a friends fella used them and they turned him into an arsehole and he ended up loosing his family through his actions so personally i think they aren't worth it

"I believe they can make people uncontrollably aggressive, not really worth taking that risk in my opinion.

could easily end up hurting someone you care for or/and end up with a criminal record, all for the sake of looking muscular."

It's not just the nut shrivel - increased heart size that leads to heart attack or even the kidney and liver failure that puts us off roids its the pure dullness of the people that find pumping iron exciting

Think i'll try em, seen the strict routine in the gym, feel sure i can do it, first theres lots of sitting on a bench picking your tracks on yer ipod, then theres casual walking in front of every mirror you can see in gym, then theres bizzarely the odd bit of lifting weights, then another walk turning left and right and looking in the mirrors a lot, then lifting more weights in front of these mirrors and of course checkin texts on phone too,,

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Not worth it.

Make your willy shrivel up, and really difficult to get a hard on.

There is the aggression issue too. I personally avoid the steroid users in my gym, they think they are gods gift, but they cheated, don't deserve the pedestal they have put themselves on.

I`m with Jack...natural all the way...

Steroids mess with yer body and mind...

Natural takes longer,however it tends to stay with you...the strength that is...

"Think i'll try em, seen the strict routine in the gym, feel sure i can do it, first theres lots of sitting on a bench picking your tracks on yer ipod, then theres casual walking in front of every mirror you can see in gym, then theres bizzarely the odd bit of lifting weights, then another walk turning left and right and looking in the mirrors a lot, then lifting more weights in front of these mirrors and of course checkin texts on phone too,,"

Lol I work hard in the gym, as hard as I can manage being un juiced anyway. Always been dead against steds.

Just wanht a bit oif extra strengh for sparring to be honest. In the game they call it explosive strengh but in laymans terms I think sports th==strengh is the term.

And im not sure if I can bulk tbh only one way to find out. Got a decent frame on me apparently haha some reyt terminology at the gym.

"Intensity equels immensity" haha

"Don't they shrivell your willy ?

"

so I've heard

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Think i'll try em, seen the strict routine in the gym, feel sure i can do it, first theres lots of sitting on a bench picking your tracks on yer ipod, then theres casual walking in front of every mirror you can see in gym, then theres bizzarely the odd bit of lifting weights, then another walk turning left and right and looking in the mirrors a lot, then lifting more weights in front of these mirrors and of course checkin texts on phone too,,"

Lol think I have been to the same gym as you!!

i go to the gym most days, im back on my fitness plan lol and no matter how hard i try i have never got rid of my saggy belly

We are all different and some things just arnt ment to be

"Don't they shrivell your willy ?

so I've heard "

No i have looked into it they dont shrivell your willy but can do it to your balls haha!!

"i go to the gym most days, im back on my fitness plan lol and no matter how hard i try i have never got rid of my saggy belly

We are all different and some things just arnt ment to be "

bet u dont have 1

"i go to the gym most days, im back on my fitness plan lol and no matter how hard i try i have never got rid of my saggy belly

We are all different and some things just arnt ment to be bet u dont have 1 "

I've have 3 sections mate, believe me i do lol

looks like a deflated balloon but hey we are what we are

[Removed by poster at 13/09/11 20:55:31]

I think I'll go down the pub for a few pints and think about this one. I'll get back to you next month .. ish.. after loads more lager.

Definitely not, and some of the worst can be seen in this vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMI9_Mj6_84

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Steroids and the forum should never be mixed...

It would be a bloodbath.

I've walked past some of the finest gyms in the country. I work very hard at it and it shows.

"Just wanht a bit oif extra strengh for sparring to be honest. In the game they call it explosive strengh but in laymans terms I think sports th==strengh is the term.

And im not sure if I can bulk tbh only one way to find out. Got a decent frame on me apparently haha some reyt terminology at the gym.

"Intensity equels immensity" haha"

You've on the wrong track here. Power punching comes from technique and speed, not from big muscles.

If you have a natural muscular physique you will have an edge over a gym built one. Main reason is Lactic Acid. If you're gym built you are more likely to be prone to this than if you are naturaly muscular. Lactic Acid will lose you more fights than big muscles will win you.

Power punching is 99% technique. Extend your arm fully straight then push through with your shoulder, every time, and that's on jabs and on your punches.

Then retract it superfast so that you are ready for any reaction from the other guy. Use the momentum from the retraction of one arm to push the other arm through for the next punch.

Get someone to film you punching a bag, then slow it down on playback and watch and analyse your form. Then correct it if need be. Then just keep doing it until it becomes second nature.

Infight fatigue, lactic acid and plain old fitness levels will all have a say.

But good technique will ensure your punches are longer and more powerfull. The big "secret" though, is just to straighten your arm.

A way of proving this is to poke something with a stick. Then break the stick in one or two places to simulate the elbow and wrist joints. Then poke the same thing again.

That is your lesson for today glasshopper

"or how hard I work at the gym i'll never be as big as some of the guys at my local gym lol. One word springs to mind. Roids, lol. Not all but most are on them.

Been boxing and Thai boxing for years but never done the heavy gym work with it, but really enjoying it :D

Give me 14 weeks and ill be hitting harder than iv ever managed.

Anyone else into the gym? Some are trying to convince me to do a course of roids but so far iv resisted.

Do the women on here have a consenses on roid heads, cool or uncool? lol. x"

I wouldn't go near the juice because even taking it if your frame isn't large to start with its not going to help. You would be better going on a nutrition program and bulk up on cabs and protein. You may still not get as big as some but you can get bigger without juicing up.

go as far as u can naturally before even considering em. get ur diet n training nailed down.

besides all that genetics will determine how good you look from it all.

personally i dont go to the gym to be the biggest or the srongest guy there. i train for aesthetics baby!

"Just wanht a bit oif extra strengh for sparring to be honest. In the game they call it explosive strengh but in laymans terms I think sports th==strengh is the term.

"Intensity equels immensity" haha

You've on the wrong track here. Power punching comes from technique and speed, not from big muscles.

If you have a natural muscular physique you will have an edge over a gym built one. Main reason is Lactic Acid. If you're gym built you are more likely to be prone to this than if you are naturaly muscular. Lactic Acid will lose you more fights than big muscles will win you.

Power punching is 99% technique. Extend your arm fully straight then push through with your shoulder, every time, and that's on jabs and on your punches.

Then retract it superfast so that you are ready for any reaction from the other guy. Use the momentum from the retraction of one arm to push the other arm through for the next punch.

Get someone to film you punching a bag, then slow it down on playback and watch and analyse your form. Then correct it if need be. Then just keep doing it until it becomes second nature.

Infight fatigue, lactic acid and plain old fitness levels will all have a say.

But good technique will ensure your punches are longer and more powerfull. The big "secret" though, is just to straighten your arm.

A way of proving this is to poke something with a stick. Then break the stick in one or two places to simulate the elbow and wrist joints. Then poke the same thing again.

That is your lesson for today glasshopper "

Just want to add, you obviously need to position yourself close enough to your target to execute your punch to the max, but you also need to be far enough away to ride or evade anything coming back at you.

If you've been boxing for a while as you claim, I'm amazed you need to be told this, unless of course you're just doing boxing training as a keep fit regime.

Anyway, best of luck, but I'd keep off the steroids, but you'll do what you've got to do

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Some are trying to convince me to do a course of roids

I had rhoids once.. really sore and had to push them back in with my finger..

» Add a new message to this topic