FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Troll gets sent to prison

Troll gets sent to prison

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

a 25 year old guy who posted inflamatory comments and vidoes online of teenagers who had dies had been sentenced to 18 weeks in prison.

his lawyers tried to say that if he didnt have Aspergers he would have realised how bad the things he did were.

is it possible for someone not to know that creating a facebook account called Tasha the Tank Engine and the posting on the wall of a memorial page for a girl called Tasha who committed suicide by jumpingin front of a train is wrong? Even if they do have Aspergers?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No excuse at all, for being so nasty.

i honestly can't comment as i don't fully understand Aspergers

That pathetic excuse of a man needed locking up

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

a few of the high profile 'hackers' seem to be suffering from that...

don't know enough about it.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

No excuse at all.

It is indeed amazing how many people are prepared to "hide behind" Medical conditions as a cause!

And the fact that some lawyers are prepared to go along with that theme.

Surely, somewhere along the line, this muppet was told the difference between Right and Wrong. It is a basic fact of life, but sadly so few people appear to take it on board.

seriously doubt anyone will believe that his 'condition'can result in him being a cunt...

Forum Mod

As much as what he did was seen as appalling and is appalling im with Bouncy on this

I don't know enough about Aspergers or how it affects different people to comment

i do know they can become obsessive and unable to focus on anything else

i'm not excusing before i'm jumped on just i believe the truth isn't always as clear cut as the press portrays

there is elements of from my experiences with Asperger sufferers that they do have problems relating to people and emotions, but having Aspergers to the degree where it is severly affecting a moral judgement would probably be needing some form of psychiatric input, however from what I know of this story it just really sounds like a great get out clause and its pretty likely treatment would have been high on the punishment list rather than jail...if the Aspergers was deemed that difficult to manage.

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

Is Aspergers a mild form of autisum

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I guess some of this depends on the severity of his AS.

However, it didn't get him off did it.

"Is Aspergers a mild form of autisum"

sorta a mix lol, and yes it wasnt obviously a stroing enough case was it....i severely doubt that the guys level of functioning with aspergers that could affect his jusgment so badly over a continued period

nd to be honest Id hate to see anyone having some form of mental illness getting blamed for something they cant control...theres plenty cuntjobs out there who just dont need an excuse to prey on peoples feelings

If he was a sufferer, why wasn't his computer usage supervised adequately, one thinks? If this condition means he cannot be a responsible adult (and I know little about it, hence the 'if'), then surely someone has to be leagally responsible for him?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"If he was a sufferer, why wasn't his computer usage supervised adequately, one thinks? If this condition means he cannot be a responsible adult (and I know little about it, hence the 'if'), then surely someone has to be leagally responsible for him?

"

I was about to say the same thing.

"If he was a sufferer, why wasn't his computer usage supervised adequately, one thinks? If this condition means he cannot be a responsible adult (and I know little about it, hence the 'if'), then surely someone has to be leagally responsible for him?

I was about to say the same thing."

lol sorry im being a troll... what wasnt clear in my bit about psychiatric input??? sakes...i hate credit gettin taken away from me lol

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Thats because we are all in shock that you wrote something serious instead of something to do with sex.

"

'If' he wasn't a responsible adult he wouldn't have got a prison sentence.

Having AS does not generally put into question whether someone can be a responsibe adult or not... it's more about how they see the world, what makes them tick and problems with understanding and reading people's emotions (to put it very simply).

It's not uncommon for people with AS to have an IQ well above average.

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I know very little about AS, but i do know that there are different types, and different levels of AS which affect people in different ways.

I heard about this before and it terrible someone can be so nasty.

'If' he wasn't a responsible adult he wouldn't have got a prison sentence.

Having AS does not generally put into question whether someone can be a responsibe adult or not... it's more about how they see the world, what makes them tick and problems with understanding and reading people's emotions (to put it very simply).

"

I did say 'if'.

And I wasn't calling AS sufferers intelligence into question, more their ability to function effectively within society's acceptible perameters.

"Thats because we are all in shock that you wrote something serious instead of something to do with sex. "

hahahah surprise surprise x

well all i can say is ive a pretty vast experience of mental health, I really cant see this guys illness being in question as to not have a psychiatric evaulation, theres no way getting around it, if ur well enough to do somethings ur well enuff to take the punishment

I don`t know anything about the case..so can`t comment..

Tho I would say theres plenty inside the slammer with mental health problems..

"

I did say 'if'.

And I wasn't calling AS sufferers intelligence into question, more their ability to function effectively within society's acceptible perameters."

Yeah I got the 'if' bit and appreciate you were just asking questions.... which is a good thing.

It's also why I put the IQ thing in a seperate post

"Thats because we are all in shock that you wrote something serious instead of something to do with sex.

well all i can say is ive a pretty vast experience of mental health, I really cant see this guys illness being in question as to not have a psychiatric evaulation, theres no way getting around it, if ur well enough to do somethings ur well enuff to take the punishment"

I can`t agree with you here chap..

I find it quite hard to sentence someone with a severe mental health issue..like schizophrenia...and incarcerate them in a prison...

Thats does nobody any good...the sufferer or the prison system...

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

his lawyers tried to say that if he didnt have Aspergers he would have realised how bad the things he did were

Don'tcha just love the legal profession.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

".........................................

his lawyers tried to say that if he didnt have Aspergers he would have realised how bad the things he did were

Don'tcha just love the legal profession.

"

If he has got AS then the lawyer was probably right

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

I totally agree that what this guy did is appalling but isn't it another case of claim-blame-someone-must-hang gone mad? I'm just wondering where we should draw the line of responsibility? If this guy has medical issues perhaps his parents/carers should be locked up too?

We won't dare to comment on the parents/relations/friends of the deceased as they have 'suffered enough' but would she had taken her life if she had had better support, love and caring? They would then have not given this guy ammunition!

I dare say I'll be in for some shit for my comments but I still feel that with cases like this EVERYONE is to blame.

Say what you like about the medical/solicitors excuses but one thing at least is certain, this offender quite obviously has psychotic issues else he wouldn't have done it. And so because his brain doesn't function the same as most people he's been locked up... is that really going to change how his brain works, or bring back the dead girl or undo the pain its caused?

Maybe waste less energy on hatred and vengeance and try and think of things that might help something or someone.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Isn't one of the key traits of suffering from Aspergers the need to conform to rules and absolute fear of being punished???

Aspergers in general should lead to the exact opposite of anti social behaviour. (I know of two sufferers who are frighteningly honest).

It's also very hard to diagnose and any trolling cunt can claim he has it.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Thats because we are all in shock that you wrote something serious instead of something to do with sex.

well all i can say is ive a pretty vast experience of mental health, I really cant see this guys illness being in question as to not have a psychiatric evaulation, theres no way getting around it, if ur well enough to do somethings ur well enuff to take the punishment"

Yeah it wasn't that I was getting at, I don't know anything about mental illness but I was agreeing that IF doing silly things is a trait, then maybe they should be watched if they have carers etc.

Prison sentences should not be placed on trolls. For a start, it's a very broad definition. Anybody who pisses anybody off online could be 'trolling'. It's subjective on the experience of the trolled, which doesn't make any sense.

You don't lock people up for calling you names on the street. If somebody is physically harassing you that's different. But personally I think there's better reasons to put people in jail than name calling. There already exist plenty of methods to get rid of trolls online such as moderation, admin's using ip blocks and so forth.

The judge is way out of his jurisdiction and everyone in this thread is like 'I'm 12 and wat is this'.

By *iggles and BeardyCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"Isn't one of the key traits of suffering from Aspergers the need to conform to rules and absolute fear of being punished???

Aspergers in general should lead to the exact opposite of anti social behaviour. (I know of two sufferers who are frighteningly honest).

It's also very hard to diagnose and any trolling cunt can claim he has it."

Yep conforming to rules- thier rules - thier routine.. that offten makes no sence to others.

As to fear of Punishment it's more a fear of confrontation as they offten simply percieve the world and people in a totaly different way, so when punished have no concept of why (I only have to raise my voice at my daughter and she thinks she has done wrong, even if im grinning like a loon, as she simply has no comprehension of my facial gestures)

I can quite easily except that this lad may have Aspergers or other autistic traits, just by the the fact he used a tommas the tank engin refferance.

"a 25 year old guy who posted inflamatory comments and vidoes online of teenagers who had dies had been sentenced to 18 weeks in prison.

his lawyers tried to say that if he didnt have Aspergers he would have realised how bad the things he did were.

is it possible for someone not to know that creating a facebook account called Tasha the Tank Engine and the posting on the wall of a memorial page for a girl called Tasha who committed suicide by jumpingin front of a train is wrong? Even if they do have Aspergers?"

he deserves all he fucking gets

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

the thing about AS is that some people with it dont always understand the consequences of their actions...

another famous AS sufferer is Gary Mckinnon, who is fighting extradition from the UK to the US for hacking into government computers... his reasoning, He was looking into UFO's

I think what he's done it sick and very wrong but does he seriously deserve a prison sentence?

By *ittlemorespiceCouple  over a year ago

North Cornwall

"a 25 year old guy who posted inflamatory comments and vidoes online of teenagers who had dies had been sentenced to 18 weeks in prison.

is it possible for someone not to know that creating a facebook account called Tasha the Tank Engine and the posting on the wall of a memorial page for a girl called Tasha who committed suicide by jumpingin front of a train is wrong? Even if they do have Aspergers?"

Aspergers is a serious disability. It can affect every aspect of someones life, especially when it comes to empathy. It could and Im sure does explain his actions. There are of course degrees of autism, which apparently at least 85 percent of the population are meant to be affected by in one form or another. These aspects of someones personality are more often than not so mild that they do not affect ones life and so are not detected or harmful. I have worked with children with autism and have a foster child in the family who has apergers quite severely.

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

"I think what he's done it sick and very wrong but does he seriously deserve a prison sentence?"

Sick yes, he crossed the line, but was it worthy of spending tax payers money on. Will the prison sentence help this to not happen again?

A ban from social networks/forums though how that is policed no idea, would seem enough and a bit of evaluation to help the person understand where the moral line is.

A spell in prison risks introducing people to a range of other 'career' options.

Jeremy Vine on bbc radio2 is having this debate

My cousin had very sever asperges but has managed to lead a daily normal life with a degree a good job and a wife

He would never have dreamed of anything like that and I personally feel it's just an excuse for a very sick individual who realised he was in big trouble

As always though the law had been soft yet again xx

"My cousin had very sever asperges but has managed to lead a daily normal life with a degree a good job and a wife

He would never have dreamed of anything like that and I personally feel it's just an excuse for a very sick individual who realised he was in big trouble

As always though the law had been soft yet again xx "

Agree with you.

By *im halpertMan  over a year ago

redditch

funny how theres been a few cases in the news where the perpetrator after being found guilty decides they have Aspergers?

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

Shame he didnt get the same sort of sentence those pricks got for trying to stir up more riots on the net recently!

By *R STALLIONMan  over a year ago

Birmingham/Walsall

"My cousin had very sever asperges but has managed to lead a daily normal life with a degree a good job and a wife

As always though the law had been soft yet again xx

Agree with you. "

The law of the land needs belting up and punishing people in a way that the next person would be hesitant to even consider thinking such acts knowing what the consequence would be.

hereford

SOFT... you're having a laugh! We had the neighbours from hell next door to us. For FIVE YEARS we had to put up with verbal threats, damage to property, and two actual physical assaults against H.

Eventually after a hell of a lot of persistence on my apart we managed to get an ASBO on them and then they moved away.

Other than the ASBO the police did NOTHING and effectively these people walked away totally free!!!

So a person with social/mental issues get banged up for written verbal abuse! Whatever next!

This means that if someone 'tells a joke' and someone else can show that they we very upset about it the 'joke teller' could end up doing time!

The people who are upset/hurt/offended by what this guy did had to actually go looking for it and read/look at it... they had a choice, they could have ignored it.

By *im halpertMan  over a year ago

redditch

"SOFT... you're having a laugh! We had the neighbours from hell next door to us. For FIVE YEARS we had to put up with verbal threats, damage to property, and two actual physical assaults against H.

Eventually after a hell of a lot of persistence on my apart we managed to get an ASBO on them and then they moved away.

Other than the ASBO the police did NOTHING and effectively these people walked away totally free!!!

So a person with social/mental issues get banged up for written verbal abuse! Whatever next!

This means that if someone 'tells a joke' and someone else can show that they we very upset about it the 'joke teller' could end up doing time!

The people who are upset/hurt/offended by what this guy did had to actually go looking for it and read/look at it... they had a choice, they could have ignored it. "

I think it was the dead girls family who read it.....

As always though the law had been soft yet again xx "

I'm glad he got a prison sentence for two reasons... he will hopefully learn something by being isolated away from general society (I won't hold my breath though) and it should send out a message to those who think they could copycat that sort of trolling... if this AS reason/excuse not to be sent down had worked then I'd dread to think how many more cases of sick trolling would occur.

Only thing wrong with him being sent down was it wasn't for long enough

good.

always see these wankers comments on youtube and places like that, making fun of tragedies and posting horrible things.

bastards deserve alot worse.

Think the government best start building more prison's quick if name calling and insulting people now means you can be locked up, there is a hell of a lot of it out there

i think naming n shaming would work aswell

they`d get a good kicking at some point

seems i have disagreerers on my last comment , I think I was trying to point out IF this guy has aspergers to that degree, he would have had some input prior to his trial and obviously through his trial.

If the guy has the aspergers as bad as it has been claimed then it is the health system that has failed this man.

Having worked through LOTS of psychiatric illnesses Im the last person to believe in locking up anyone that has some severe or enduring mental health problem.

Of course we can also blame society, our lack of empathy towards others comes from that "well its not close to me is it" type of thinking.

"SOFT... you're having a laugh! We had the neighbours from hell next door to us. For FIVE YEARS we had to put up with verbal threats, damage to property, and two actual physical assaults against H.

The people who are upset/hurt/offended by what this guy did had to actually go looking for it and read/look at it... they had a choice, they could have ignored it. "

Agreed. If we head in the direction of what most posters want in this thread, we'll have a totalitarian state by next Wednesday.

This is Tabloid Justice.

There are much easier ways to deal with these problems which are infinitely more just than locking people up for name calling and taking the piss.

What if the USA government locked up people for taking the piss out of 9/11?

That's not a world I have any desire for.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

okay... so if i ask people to now look at the Gary Mckinnon case... where he is potentially facing 7 charges of hacking into US military computers

should the UK and people here be fighting that case so hard, and him having AS is the main reason people here are fight the fact he should not be extridited

whereas this case... people seem to agree with the sentence...

to people in the US this morning it looks like one arguement for one.. and yet one for another...

I'm rather shocked by the sheer naivety of the posters on this thread. Trolling is part and parcel of the web. A few days after the island massacre in Sweden I was seeing piss-takes about it.

I got to place this squarely at your age, albeit I'm not going to win any popularity prizes for saying so.

On average you've not grown up with the Internet. You don't really get a lot of things that are peculiar to the Net, and the trolling memes are some of them.

Get some thicker skins for god's sake. Believe it or not some of the six billion people on the planet don't necessarily share your morality at all, deal with it.

East Grinstead

Trolling is not new, gone on for centuries, just that in the past it was someone in the local community and people got used to ignoring their comments. Remember the 'tracy is a slag call her on 07xxx' type scribbles on toilet walls?

Now with internet they are online 24/7. Good moderation will see most abusive trolling removed quickly, not sure how long material was online in these cases.

Have co-ran a tribute page for someone who did commit suicide, and we got insensitive comments some years ago, which we quickly removed.

The Robin Hood Airport twitter one is another example of what I believe is over reaction.

It is making TV style regulation of the internet more likely, of that I am sure, blocks, time limits, proof of ID to open blocking etc.

Think about it, how much of what people post here in terms of pictures/text is as offensive to a policemen as is driving down lovers lane at 11pm and spying couples dogging?

"Think the government best start building more prison's quick if name calling and insulting people now means you can be locked up, there is a hell of a lot of it out there "

They should build more prisons anyway, and bring back hanging, too many do gooders about.

"Trolling is not new, gone on for centuries, just that in the past it was someone in the local community and people got used to ignoring their comments. Remember the 'tracy is a slag call her on 07xxx' type scribbles on toilet walls?

Now with internet they are online 24/7. Good moderation will see most abusive trolling removed quickly, not sure how long material was online in these cases.

Have co-ran a tribute page for someone who did commit suicide, and we got insensitive comments some years ago, which we quickly removed.

The Robin Hood Airport twitter one is another example of what I believe is over reaction.

It is making TV style regulation of the internet more likely, of that I am sure, blocks, time limits, proof of ID to open blocking etc.

Think about it, how much of what people post here in terms of pictures/text is as offensive to a policemen as is driving down lovers lane at 11pm and spying couples dogging?"

It'll never work.

Oh yeah you'll manage use modified routers and ban lists to manage the 99% of people that aren't causing problems and cut in on their civil liberities instead.

No, Trolls are generally 100x more tech aware than non-trolls. Just look at 4chan. Hackers and Trolls galore. It'd melt some people's minds here I guess. They are tech savvy and will use proxies and anonymous routing to get around any blocks.

Hell, if everyone else is being censored but the trolls, they'll have a ball of a time, it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel because nobody else will be able to get back at them without being setup and reported as trolls themselves. That'd be the ultimate trolling device.

East Grinstead

Trolls fade away when ignored, they hate the lack of attention. Banning does not help, as they use overseas's proxies/VPN's and you are down to semantic matching to spot them.

Talk to any local newspaper editor, and they will get the same old few people writing in to try and illicit responses on the letter page each week, or read DM website.

The editors learn to filter based on experience, perhaps a solution is to remove anonymous posting everywhere, and introduce approval posting. Some forums do this, but only works for low volumes or is otherwise expensive to run.

hereford

If prisons worked we wouldn't need them. If the judicial system worked we wouldn't need it!

Bring back hanging FFS what would that do exactly, apart from create jobs for some very sick minded people, by far more psychotic than the people they would be hanging!

It really wasn't all that long 150/200 years ago in this country that starving children would be hung for steeling food to stay alive! I dare say that most people would agree how over the top and barbaric that was. So having got rid of hanging dose anyone really see that going back to it would be PROGRESS!!!

The judicial system, the prison system does not work and it never has worked and it never will work.

And no I do not have a solution to the question but we'd all do better to try and think of a better solution instead of creating more violence and abuse.

DID the lawyer use AS a a defence? The only newspaper report I read had a comment from the girl's father saying he couldn't understand why the perpetrator didn't realise what hurt he'd caused. Pretty classical AS. I've worked a lot with people with AS and prison will be much much worse for him than for other criminals. There are other ways of punishing.

» Add a new message to this topic