FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Where did you go on holiday as a child?? & what are your fave holiday memories from thoseGr8times?

Where did you go on holiday as a child?? & what are your fave holiday memories from thoseGr8times?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssentialminx2011 OP   Couple  over a year ago

sheffield

We stayed @ my Grandads cousins Guest house in Scarbro!!

I can always remember the address,it wa called "Green Gables" No1,Peasholme Gardens lol xx

We always had the Attic room,that had a double &2 singles init.I can so clearly remember the very low beamed ceiling ,that our Dad constantly bumped his head on !! Aunty Betty (we called her) only charged mum & dad 1/2 price for BB&EM LOL we luved it there !!

attle of Britain in tge park,aa musical show, chips on the way,with nannan & grandad & a very early walk with nannan & Grandad & thier Colie dog Spot ,along the seafront @ 7am where we'd call into the massive "corner cafe" for a cuppa Tea b4 breakfast!!

Looking back lol that is soooooo obviously now ,when our parents "has a qwicky!!"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Never had a holiday as a kid until I'd left school and then went to Ilfracombe with some mates.

I met a girl from Isle Of Sheppey. It was a good week

As a kid we only went on day trips when my Dad got a day off work.

Always enjoyed them though

We used to stay with relations on a farm in devon, then when i was a bit older we went to jersey.

I used to go to my grans in Abbey Wood south London, it was in the days when kids could go off and explore. Used to go with my sister and play for hours in the ruins of the abbey. Happy days

Parents used to have a caravan in exmouth that we went to often

used to go to my aunts caravan in a small place called Corton

it was a very small caravan park just above a nudist beach which did amuse me as a child especially they way i would catch my nan peeking when she thought no one was looking

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

My first holiday memories were of spending a week with my Mum`s Auntie in Teddington, Middlesex and going to Tommy Steele`s house to try and get his autograph. From Mum`s Auntie`s we would spend a second week at Mum`s sisters with my nutty cousins. My Auntie lived near Brands Hatch and we would have to travel to London on Royal Blue coaches (some may remember the cream and Royal Blue paintwork and the distinctive "fin" on the back of the roof) Then we would travel by train to the respective Auntie`s houses.

When that came to an end, we started having holidays in a static caravan at Brean Sands in Somerset, not very far from Weston Super MUD! Mmmm, some lovely days were spend walking miles trying to find the low water mark!

I grew up in Blackpool, my parents had a corner shop then bought a B&B, we didnt have holidays.... but saying that, i could go to the beach everyday, my uncle worked on the Pleasure Beach on the "Gold Mine" ride, so i had free goes on lots of the rides, we lived near the South Pier and my primary school was just at the back of the pleasure Beach, you could hear people screaming on the "Gran National" ride and see them from the playground

My parents had a static caravan on a holiday site in Skegness, so thats where we spent our holidays. I loved it, good times.

We also went to Blackpool. I love the tackiness of Blackpool, its such fun

Went to the farm back home a month and it was really bad with no indoor bog.

I spent all the 6 week holidays in the south of france at my mum and dads caravan, where I met a beautiful dutch girl that I saw every year for about 10 years

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

Cmaber Sands in Sussex and Sheerness on the Isle of Sheppy...

As a kid growing up in London I only ever to the see the sea oce a year if we were lucky...I will always remember that first glimpse between house or trees from the coach and the ast glimpse when we were going home....straining my neck to see the sea one last time for another year...makes me sad to this day thinking about it..

By *ssentialminx2011 OP   Couple  over a year ago

sheffield

Arhhh bless !!

I have for many years worked in a residential care home(on a volentary basis) as an activitiesCo~Ordinator)

& i absolutely adore it!!!

The majourity of residents are 70 to 100

& very few of them ever went away on hoiday.The Sunday school trip,or local working mensclub members outing ,would also be THE only time they would be able to see the sea!!

KIDS TODAY DONT KNOW THEIR BORN!!

Various Butlins camps, and the best bit was all the rides in the fun fair were FREE

» Add a new message to this topic