FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What was your fave childhood memory & why?? ~include ya fave toys & games!!

What was your fave childhood memory & why?? ~include ya fave toys & games!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssentialminx2011 OP   Couple  over a year ago

sheffield

One of my 1st childhood "bestest ever";-);-) memories was ~ me & only brother ~ playing "Riley's buses" ~taking it in turns to sit in a small "Triang" dolls pushchair we kept in my nannan's Out~house ,whilst the other pushed it round the bend frm my nans top gate & down the long path toward the bottom garage gates!! OHHHH IT WAS bloody brillint FUN !!!!

The pushchair was mine ,that Nan & Grandad bought me for my 3rd birthday(it was Royal navy blue with red & white stars on it )and i can clearly picture it in my head today!!!and still recollect its smell~seriously !! becos it was kept in the washouse,everything IN THERE ,had a musty gardening sort of smell,as grandad stored ALL his gardening equipment in their!!

OMG !! THIS IS BRILLIANT !! ITS SO WNDERFUL TO REMINISS (i cant spell 4 toffee) so excuse the mistakes xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

a chopper bike i loved it

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

My Grandad spending hours with me telling me all about his job.

He was a Bus Driver.

He's long gone now of course.

He died peacefully in his sleep.

Unlike his passengers.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Loved my bike and all outdoor fun, from climbing (and falling off the cherry tree in my grandad's garden) ...oh happy times...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tressy doll and dolls house. I also had a bubble bath doll who had her hair in a ponytail but when you untied the ribbon she had a huge bald patch as the hair was only rooted on the edges and scalp hidden by the ponytail.

I remember my granda getting tar delivered and boiling it up in a big barrel to pitch the shed roof and my nana telling me not to go near. I got it all over my dress, she tutted and changed me but I had to have a poke about again and got covered and this time she smacked my legs for disobeying.

i had a chopper,purple it was,loved that cock

By *arnayguyMan  over a year ago

Durham Tees

Finishing sweeping the chimney then climbing back down before they started a new fire going.

sheffield

YOU POOR LITTLE MITE !!!

"Did they make ya sleep in t'out house aswell !!"??? xx

Scalextric it took hours to set up and mum complained but it was the No1 for the school holidays.

sheffield

[Removed by poster at 13/09/11 17:55:25]

sheffield

My brother & his M8's Building a tree swing from the massive conker tree over the stream at the bottom of the craggs meadow.They throw a massively thick long rope over the big branch & find a strong piece of wood for the seat,make a knot & thread it through!! the rope had knots in it for handles!!

You could do a single swing lol or "get a taxis!!" 2 @ once !!

OMG!! our Mums lost count of the amount of broken arms & legs pmasl these "swings " caused!!

After "every accicent" one of the dads

would "march down the meadow" with a saw & cut the buggar down!! (us kisz would be gutted!)

PS: within a few days though ~it'd be "back up!" xx well until the next accident!! OMG !!! those were the days !! WE could play in the woods & meadows down the Craggs with NO FEAR @ ALL xx

How times change!! could no sooner allow my son to play in the local woods on a school holiday with his friends nowadays ,yet 42 years ago ,i was ALWAYS IN THE WOODS, collecting bluebells & wild flowers & having picnics with my friends & our dolls xx

I used to like dogs my dad wouldnt let me have one but i used to take other peoples dogs for walks. Me and my friends dads built us playhouses and i used to like playing mummys and daddys.

sheffield

who's dad's took them "conkering!!!

MY DAD DID "always!!" and WE loved it!!! xxx

Best place to go was on Lord Scarborough's Estate( ~there must have been 100 trees & all had massive conkers on them xx Dad would give my brotheer a leg up & he'd climb up the tree ,& shake the branches ,whilst m=y dad me & my Brothers 4 mates collected what fell down .hen we got home ,dad would rud malt vinegar into them & baked them in the oven in the house oven(at the side of the fire) Then were baked over nite & then rubbed again in vinegar & left for a " Whole year!!" in the bottom drawer ,that we had on the top of the stairs ,out side my bedroom!! we were always "allowed on to Lord Scarb's land ,becos Dad was a Scout leader!! that was mint!! xxx

A year later ,our dad would lace up the conkers & BINGO !!!! KNOW1 "COULD EVER EVER BEAT OUR'S ;-) i remember my Bro had a "167 er" beat that!!!

~ Dad swore us to secrecy about his magic top secret tip!!! & every1 always couldnt worl out how come "our conkers never EVER broke!!! DAD ~ YOU WERE THE BEST DAD EVER !!! XXX

& who played "marbles" glassies & Bollies!!! ~ had sum awsum 1's aswell xx

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Any chance of putting yer capitals in bold type?

sheffield

ABSO FCUKING LUTELY M8 !!!!

IS THAT B E T T A 4 YA XX ???

instead a picking on trivial ,add summat gud OK !! OR ILL SET ME PARVO DOG ON YA !!!

"I used to like dogs my dad wouldnt let me have one but i used to take other peoples dogs for walks. Me and my friends dads built us playhouses and i used to like playing mummys and daddys."

We used to take the neighbourhood babies out on a sunday afternoon and pretend they were ours. Imagine anyone nowadays letting kids take their babies out!

sheffield

MIND YOU !!!!

YA 'ALLAS GET I OR 2 "cleversods!!" ???

just wish "these ppl LOL wud actually "contribute" summat worthwhile & LEAVE US LUVLIE GAWJUS NORMAL MEMBERS Grrrrrrrr ALONE!!! GO & COUNT YA frozen peas !! or better still add a nice comment,if not dont bother!!! @ we dont need it x

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

racing my sister down the stairs Christmas morning ..... her pushing me out of the way when she saw the dolls pram complete with doll

I didn't want the pram ..... was more than happy with my Stylophone!! (never did master it lol)

Oh another favourite of mine was getting some clackers, all was good until I caught my knuckles

By *acktilMan  over a year ago

Tewkesbury

Leaving home aged 14.

» Add a new message to this topic