FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Influences

Influences

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *phrodite OP   Woman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

who or possibly what has has a significant influence on you in your life choices, for example in the choice of job, partner and other important decisions. I know for myself that my father had a significant part in my education, choice of career and arguably although not directly in an outspoken manner, on the choice of partner.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

My mum

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My aunt, a great woman, always there for me even now.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

plus some of the bullies who made my school days pretty shit..

they taught me how not to treat people.

I still see them today and I smile as I pass... knowing they didn't win

My parents were nightmares - reet selfish bunch. I include the step parents among them too.

But the one steadying and greatest influence in my life were my four grandparents. I miss them with each passing year and the grounding they gave me was invaluable.

I significant other - it goes without saying. Without him I would have been nothing. I don't know where I end and he begins. I like that feeling.

By *phrodite OP   Woman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"My aunt, a great woman, always there for me even now. "
Actually this reminded me on an aunt of mine, sadly no longer with us, who had a great habit of addressing every problem in life, no matter how big or small by presenting a delicious cake or some other great food. She felt that with something nice to eat... you were simply able to think better, address problems in a more rational way. She was awesome.

"plus some of the bullies who made my school days pretty shit..

they taught me how not to treat people.

I still see them today and I smile as I pass... knowing they didn't win"

Me too.

my grandmother a very strong woman.

My mum most certainly. She was a fantastic woman, very forthright, not scared to voice an opinion, she was a little less subtle than I am though, she was also stylish and stood out in a crowd, a trendsetter in the small village we lived in. I remember the short blond cropped hairstyle she had once, 2 weeks later others in the village started to copy.

The other early inflience would be Danny La Rue. Mum and I would go and see his shows regularly, I was really quite young but I knew then that I loved feather boas, evening gowns and false eyelashes.

[Removed by poster at 14/09/11 11:39:57]

I lost all my grandparents at an early age so I never really knew them. My parents split up when I was an angst-filled teenager, and I haven't seen my real dad for 20 years. I see my mum regularly enough considering the distance between us now, but I speak to her on the phone and via text quite a lot. Having said all that, I've always been fiercely independant and I'll sort things out for myself as opposed to turning to someone else for advice. I'm not drawn to people for inspiration although some people make me sit up and think, if they've come out with something wise to say.

Things like "fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me," tend to make me take notice of someone.

"Can I suck your cock?" also has a dramatic affect on me.

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

The Judge.

He said if I didn't change my ways he'd lock me up for eternity.

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

I can honestly say, that no-one had influenced my life choice decisions. Mainly because ive always been very stubborn and head strong. If told to do one thing I would near do the opposite. I will ask opinions but will always do my own thing.

Nobody family wise influenced my job choice, but once working, certain bosses were fantastic motivators.

» Add a new message to this topic