FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Car Insurance GRRRRR!!

Car Insurance GRRRRR!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just be requoted for our car insurance. Same company, no changes in our circumstances, 2 named drivers, Siren main policy holder: £529 thank you very much.

That's £100 more than last year for absolutely no reason whatsoever apart from them maximising their profits.

That's with Admiral.

Sheila's Wheels came out at £435 until I told them (read: HER) that me (THE BLOKE) had 3pts for speeding.

Aha! SHE says. Fookin men, wankers. £545 please.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

car insurance has one up by about 40% on average across the industry for some reason or another

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Speeding Naughty boy well i thinks you should pay the difference outta ya pocket money xx

"car insurance has one up by about 40% on average across the industry for some reason or another "

Lol renewed my public liability last year the quote i got was £200 more than the year before

I said i haven't had a claim in the 17 years ive been in business why the steep increase?

She said you may not have done but others have

I said well charge the fookin others then and put the phone down

Went on ta get it with another company fa £50 less than the best price lol xx

Welcome to "Grand Theft Auto 2011" where regular competent players are allowed to pay for all the illegal fkwits who refuse to pay their premiums, have accidents whilst uninsured, and never go to jail....

Good game... Good game...;-);-)

my 3 points have added £200 to my insurance... bastards. Thanks Direct line

"my 3 points have added £200 to my insurance... bastards. Thanks Direct line "

Me thinks women should be charged at least 10 times more than men anyway then we would have safer roads xx

Managed to keep my insurance to £200 for this coming year with Saga.

"Managed to keep my insurance to £200 for this coming year with Saga. "

Did ya try age concern as well? xx

"Managed to keep my insurance to £200 for this coming year with Saga.

Did ya try age concern as well? xx "

I thought they only did my meals on wheels.

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

Get online Wishy for a quote, my old firm wanted £500 to renew my 1994 Volvo that isnt worth a carrot, that was a £220 quid hike on what I paid last year.

I paid £230 in the end.

" Get online Wishy for a quote, my old firm wanted £500 to renew my 1994 Volvo that isnt worth a carrot, that was a £220 quid hike on what I paid last year.

I paid £230 in the end. "

I did! I went through moneysupermarket.

"Comparable savings of 70% for most of our users" they said.

Why is it I am always not one of the fookin % of people getting the good deal? I'm always part of the % that don't! Cnuts!

By *edhotminxWoman  over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

Not going to hold my breath for when the insurance companies are banned from selling details to 'no win, no fee' companies, that the premiums will go down - yeah right.

ent being funny my yearly pay out for insureance is 3260 quid that hurts to pay

"Managed to keep my insurance to £200 for this coming year with Saga.

Did ya try age concern as well? xx

I thought they only did my meals on wheels. "

Not so... They did a good deal on my mobility scooter... And their house insurance also covers the stairlift in my bungalow...;-);-)

"ent being funny my yearly pay out for insureance is 3260 quid that hurts to pay"

Jesus! No wonder youngsters can't afford to get on the housing market - they're paying a small mortgage each month for fookin car insurance!!

And I'm not surprised that the biggest age category of drivers without insurance is the 18-24y/o bracket.

This is just plain outragious. Time for action, local MP to start with. Get 100,000 signatures to trigger a Commons debate. If the rule makers are left without a shadow of doubt that if it's a choice between unaffordable car insurance or breaking the law as a matter of normality, they'll have to act.

Sam here, went on line got a quote some £180 cheaper.

But now I get crappy phone calls and emails about insurance, slowly working through the unsubscribe me...

(I did tick the boxes for don't contact me). I was still on the site when one of the insurers called my land line, ffs...

By *ixson-BallsMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

i must be one of the lucky ones as my insurance is less than last years, managed to get fully comp' for under £200!! whoo hooo...

daughter has just moved back in with me, and told her insurance, her premium dropped by just over £200!!...so must be a jolly decent post code one lives in

By *empnbunkCouple  over a year ago

south coast

No points ever no claims accidents ever 20 yrs no claims just renewed taxi insurance renewal quote went up £350 managed to shop about ended up with 250 above last years price the dirty robbing bassas

[Removed by poster at 13/09/11 09:26:46]

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

" Get online Wishy for a quote, my old firm wanted £500 to renew my 1994 Volvo that isnt worth a carrot, that was a £220 quid hike on what I paid last year.

I paid £230 in the end.

Why is it I am always not one of the fookin % of people getting the good deal? I'm always part of the % that don't! Cnuts! "

Oh I see, sorry wishy.

I ended up going with swiftcover, a friend had already told me about swift cover but I still had a look online.

What did bring home what a con it is, I got a quote from the AA on the phone for £354, and yet online the AA was in the top ten cheapest at £248

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 13/09/11 09:31:39]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Sam here, went on line got a quote some £180 cheaper.

But now I get crappy phone calls and emails about insurance, slowly working through the unsubscribe me...

(I did tick the boxes for don't contact me). I was still on the site when one of the insurers called my land line, ffs..."

Ah ha, the trick is, make a phone number up, they never ring me then....some other poor bugger may be getting them though if I made up a real phone

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I got told the same as Soapy ,that your insurance has gone up because of lots of people claiming, as I havn't claimed since I have been driving then I am now paying for those too

I paid £230 in the end.

Why is it I am always not one of the fookin % of people getting the good deal? I'm always part of the % that don't! Cnuts!

Oh I see, sorry wishy.

I ended up going with swiftcover, a friend had already told me about swift cover but I still had a look online.

What did bring home what a con it is, I got a quote from the AA on the phone for £354, and yet online the AA was in the top ten cheapest at £248

"

The online quotes should used as a guide only as the moment you try and buy it the price goes up. There's always some sort of hidden cost the online quotation system doesn't factor in.

The insurance market is like the Wild West out there. Anything goes so long as they're the ones making pots of cash but as I said above, it's taking vital money out of the economy elsewhere. If you look at the exponential rises in perol, food, cost of rent/mortgage, the utilities, the things we pay our for our kids.. they've all gone up dramatically, and it's now becoming a toss up between what's essential and what's not, and as reported yesterday in the news, people are deciding that insurance is not an essential item any longer, and the knock on effect of that is more people without insurance which pumps up the cost of those that do. It's an ever increasing upward spiral unless legislation is brought in the equalise the insurance markets so that people are getting a fair deal for their circumstances.

"ent being funny my yearly pay out for insureance is 3260 quid that hurts to pay

Jesus! No wonder youngsters can't afford to get on the housing market - they're paying a small mortgage each month for fookin car insurance!!

And I'm not surprised that the biggest age category of drivers without insurance is the 18-24y/o bracket.

This is just plain outragious. Time for action, local MP to start with. Get 100,000 signatures to trigger a Commons debate. If the rule makers are left without a shadow of doubt that if it's a choice between unaffordable car insurance or breaking the law as a matter of normality, they'll have to act."

+1

our jumped up £500 this year but then i did have an accident 8 months of passing my test so i couldn't grumble

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

[Removed by poster at 13/09/11 09:54:50]

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Ref the AA; I've found over the past 10 years that they are consistently, the most expensive Insurance company around these days and are to be avoided at all costs.

Has anyone considered NFU Mutual? I read about them in the annual Auto Express magazine's Consumer Awards; they've won the accolade of Best Insurer for years.

They don't have sharholders to pander to with dividends; instead, any profits, come back to the policyholders in the form of discounts when you renew your policy each year with them.

I found the difference between them and other insurers was remarkable.

Policy costs have risen due to the "Uninsured Driver" factor. Indeed, a report in yesterday's Press, said that the UK has the highest number of Uninsured Drivers in any European country.

Some parts of the UK are really bad; in the West Midlands, at least 30% of drivers have no insuarance, making it the worst area in the UK.

Insurance costs for younger drivers have shot up, as unfortunately, the 18-24 age group has the unenviable record as being far more likely to have an accident claim in their first year of driving.

So the more law abiding and careful drivers amongst us, have to cop if financially for those few who spoil it for everyone else!

But isn't that the case for all aspects of everyday life?

I mean, those of us who do things by the book, behave themselves, follow the rules, toe the line and who have respect for others, always get shafted by those who cut corners, bend the rules, and who possess that couldn't give a toss attitude!

Know what I mean?

10% of all payments goes to payouts for personal accident claims and they think it will rise to 205 by 2013. We are in effect pushing up our policy prices by making more claims.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"Ref the AA; I've found over the past 10 years that they are consistently, the most expensive Insurance company around these days and are to be avoided at all costs.

Has anyone considered NFU Mutual? I read about them in the annual Auto Express magazine's Consumer Awards; they've won the accolade of Best Insurer for years.

They don't have sharholders to pander to with dividends; instead, any profits, come back to the policyholders in the form of discounts when you renew your policy each year with them.

I found the difference between them and other insurers was remarkable.

Policy costs have risen due to the "Uninsured Driver" factor. Indeed, a report in yesterday's Press, said that the UK has the highest number of Uninsured Drivers in any European country.

Some parts of the UK are really bad; in the West Midlands, at least 30% of drivers have no insuarance, making it the worst area in the UK.

Insurance costs for younger drivers have shot up, as unfortunately, the 18-24 age group has the unenviable record as being far more likely to have an accident claim in their first year of driving.

So the more law abiding and careful drivers amongst us, have to cop if financially for those few who spoil it for everyone else!

But isn't that the case for all aspects of everyday life?

I mean, those of us who do things by the book, behave themselves, follow the rules, toe the line and who have respect for others, always get shafted by those who cut corners, bend the rules, and who possess that couldn't give a toss attitude!

Know what I mean? "

Yes.

I believe as of dec 2012 the ladies premiums will be going up to match the men's as part of a European court ruling on equality on premiums for insurance/pensions etc

myself 26 and partner 22 have been forced out of the driving game, both of us want to drive, can afford the lessons but looking at the cheapest insurance for us both under 3rd party, fire and theft, the cheapest we have found for when we pass is close to 2.5k! driving is a big no currently, would be a big help as im nearly 100m round trip to visit family!!

I had to pay £900 for mine its a rippoff

got my wee mammys done via direct line as post office wanted £500 excess and were gonna charge her £400. Direct line excess was £150, they charged her £300, plus she got green flag cover for breakdowns too, which also saved her money as the RAC were charging her £260 a year. She was well chuffed!

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

Insurance companies are a law to themselves..they know that we cant do without it...so they charge whatever they like..

The same goes for points from speeding....the official line is three years...but insurance companies have their own rule of five years..

I hate the line 'have you had any other quotes?'...as if people are stupid enough to tell them before they give theirs....I rate them about as highly as solicitors..

" as the RAC were charging her £260 a year. She was well chuffed!"

wtf is she driving? A tank?

The AA and the RAC both charge about £69 for HomeStart, Breakdown & Relay - which is pretty much all you need. What the hell was she buying for £260?

I dunno what she was paying it for. Everything with added extras no doubt that they conned her into over the years. I do know she drives a wee grey automatic micra though.

By *wingersrus465Couple  over a year ago

Cheshire

The comparison websites are worth checking, I've always got a good deal from them. I'm waiting for Saga to contact me next year once I hit the big 50!!

"ent being funny my yearly pay out for insureance is 3260 quid that hurts to pay

This is just plain outragious. Time for action, local MP to start with. Get 100,000 signatures to trigger a Commons debate. If the rule makers are left without a shadow of doubt that if it's a choice between unaffordable car insurance or breaking the law as a matter of normality, they'll have to act.

+1"

same im paying £3400 and ive not even had the slightest bumb since starting driving 2 years ago

"same im paying £3400 and ive not even had the slightest bumb since starting driving 2 years ago"

Who in their right mind would pay that? That's what I don't get. 5 years of paying that sort of price and you've got a down payment on a house - almost. Or funded a gap year across Europe staying in pretty decent accommodation.

Who would pay that for a car worth half than that. It's madness.

I couldnt live without my car i know its alot to pay but it either that or not being able to travel without having to depend on public transport.

All young drivers get put into the same catagory and are punished for others wrong doings. We all dont drive like arse holes.

"....

Ah ha, the trick is, make a phone number up, they never ring me then....some other poor bugger may be getting them though if I made up a real phone "

I'm scared to make any errors on insurance details, in case they say it's not valid

I could make one number wrong and blame a typo if there is any come back, nice tip.

"myself 26 and partner 22 have been forced out of the driving game, both of us want to drive, can afford the lessons but looking at the cheapest insurance for us both under 3rd party, fire and theft, the cheapest we have found for when we pass is close to 2.5k! driving is a big no currently, would be a big help as im nearly 100m round trip to visit family!! "

buy a 1 ltr car my insurance as a 23 yr old is £390

"All young drivers get put into the same catagory and are punished for others wrong doings. We all dont drive like arse holes."

That has to be illegal under the Human Rights Act. I'm surprised nobody has tried to challenge it as it's discriminatory against younger people.

By *edhotminxWoman  over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

I used to work for an insurance company (Head Office), and they employed an investigation team of ex-Police Officers to try and stop fraudulent claims going through. Having just looked on the ABI's website, it's interesting to read their views.

Cost pressures impacting on motor insurance include:

• Personal injury claims. The number of bodily injury claims received by insurers rose by 72% between 2002 and 2010

• Excessive legal costs. For low value personal injury motor accident claims, for every £1 insurers pay in compensation, a further 87 pence is paid to claimant lawyers. UK consumers pay £2.7million every day to claimant lawyers through their motor insurance premiums – that is 10% of every motor premium.

• ‘Crash for cash’ staged accidents and other insurance frauds, including fake whiplash claims. Last year insurers detected 40,000 fraudulent motor insurance claims worth £466 million.

• Uninsured driving. The cost of compensating the victims of accidents involving uninsured drivers is £500 million a year, paid for by honest motorists through their insurance premiums.

Nothing will change until either the MPs get off their backsides and legislate, or a petition is started on the Government's website and people sign it.

"Just be requoted for our car insurance. Same company, no changes in our circumstances, 2 named drivers, Siren main policy holder: £529 thank you very much.

That's £100 more than last year for absolutely no reason whatsoever apart from them maximising their profits.

That's with Admiral.

Sheila's Wheels came out at £435 until I told them (read: HER) that me (THE BLOKE) had 3pts for speeding.

Aha! SHE says. Fookin men, wankers. £545 please. "

It's called rip off the motorists again as they know we need it

"Just be requoted for our car insurance. Same company, no changes in our circumstances, 2 named drivers, Siren main policy holder: £529 thank you very much.

That's with Admiral.

Aha! SHE says. Fookin men, wankers. £545 please. "

You live in a high crime area...pay it or move! lol

"You live in a high crime area...pay it or move! lol"

The chavs round here are too thick to know how to commit a crime. One silly sod thought it'd be a good idea to go round nicking people's metal door numbers. He got to No.9 and couldn't count any higher. We were safe at No.88, or so we thought. We had ours nicked by someone with a bi-polar disorder who also couldn't count and he thought he was nicking two No.8s

4 years ago.. I had the following all insured for two to drive for £890.

rs2000 escort

147 2.0 alfa

Pajero 2.5 lwb

series 1 escort cabriolet

Subaru wrx

fiesta zetec s

mondeo st24

modified r100 running 1.8 lotus engine (approx 160bhp)

tomcat turbo.

metro turbo mk2

Okay lots of cars.. two of us to drive but were only insured for any two out at once and for a combined value of 20,000quid..

That was on a car enthusiasts policy. A year later I sold most of those and got a type r subaru that they couldnt add on.. so went down to £500 for the zafira and 2 of the other cars.. and £320 for the type r subaru...

This year I was missing having the subaru.. so I looked to insure one of the same age, value etc.. £1280 that was the cheapest I could get... in 4 years its gone up from £320 for two drivers.. tow £1280 for one.. thats with maximum ncb and the fact its classed as a classic car as not many made.. but due to its performance and nickabilty... well..

My step son also has a 1.0 polo.. his insurance for his first year is £3200.

Its mad.. and its wrong..but blame all these no win no fee companies..

Cali

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"Managed to keep my insurance to £200 for this coming year with Saga. "

Mines around the same as you as a first time customer with Saga!

But my other vehicle is much better. Brand new policy with the NFU for full comprehensive, any driver and cover for shows etc. Sadly, the catch is that the vehicle is a 1951 Ferguson tractor!

Never ever re insure with same company it will always go up by big £s

I just tryed 3 price comparisons M supermarket, mearcats and Mustach bloke and all gave better than last year.

Best quote was with same company I am already with so I will be getting my free mearkat and cheeper Inaurance from same company at 100 less than ReInsurance with them.

"Never ever re insure with same company it will always go up by big £s

I just tryed 3 price comparisons M supermarket, mearcats and Mustach bloke and all gave better than last year.

Best quote was with same company I am already with so I will be getting my free mearkat and cheeper Inaurance from same company at 100 less than ReInsurance with them."

You just said never reinsure with the same company then told us that's exactly what you did in the end?????

» Add a new message to this topic