FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Electric/Hybrid cars

Electric/Hybrid cars

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ichaelangela OP   Couple  over a year ago

notts

just wondered if anyone knows the average battery life in these??

not life between charging but before batteries need replacing and is it too costly to replace all the batteries.

thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you tried asking on the car forums via Google? You're going to get way better replies on a specific forum than you are on a sex site!

notts

"Have you tried asking on the car forums via Google? You're going to get way better replies on a specific forum than you are on a sex site!"

well thanks for your helpful input, but as i am already a member of fab and there is a diverse range of questions asked in the lounge forum on here that are not all related to sex, I thought it may be easier on here than spending the time researching and joining the motoring forums on google as you suggest

You don't need to join any forums, just Google it.

I'm in the market for a car at the moment and have done all my research very simply, and quickly via Google and the car forums.

I was actually trying to be helpful.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Check out the SpeakEV forums.

Battery life will vary slightly between manufactures but,will be fine for a good many years.

I have a BWM Plug-in hybrid & love it.

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

I have heard as little as 7 years for the hybrids with the cost of replacements running at at a few thousand pounds.

It's early days though to really have a good idea of actual life spans as this is still a new and emerging markets.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"just wondered if anyone knows the average battery life in these??

not life between charging but before batteries need replacing and is it too costly to replace all the batteries.

thanks in advance"

Li-Ion batteries are suggested to last 5 - 6 years.

Replacement comes in at roughly £6000 - £8000 on the average car, how does that make them a viable option?

The car wont be worth the cost of replacing them.

Worcester

thanks in advance

Replacement comes in at roughly £6000 - £8000 on the average car, how does that make them a viable option?

The car wont be worth the cost of replacing them."

Its the bit the sales people overlook when selling you one!

Tesla ...300 miles 8 year warranty ...amazing fast and quiet .

notts

thanks in advance

Thanks. This is what I wanted to hear. My budget only runs to a used car so probably need to re think going down the electric car route

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

thanks in advance

The car wont be worth the cost of replacing them.

Thanks. This is what I wanted to hear. My budget only runs to a used car so probably need to re think going down the electric car route "

I think, on an EV, it's around 8 years &/or 100,000 miles. Cost to replace the batteries aren't cheap at around £5000.

It depends on how they are used, so only time will give realistic data. But it works out that batteries lose about half their range at around 5 years. And become mostly useless quickly after that. Costs are expected to drop as production increases.. so in answer to your question.... nobody really knows.

Worcester

"Tesla ...300 miles 8 year warranty ...amazing fast and quiet ."

And massively over priced

A work mate has an electric car, and loves it. Work have even put in charging spots in the car park.

He pays a premium each month which means that when the batteries are due to be changed he isn't faced with a big bill.

Ideal for local'ish commuting but you can't do long runs.

Give it 10 years and the batteries, charge time and charging infrastructure will all be there

notts

"A work mate has an electric car, and loves it. Work have even put in charging spots in the car park.

He pays a premium each month which means that when the batteries are due to be changed he isn't faced with a big bill.

Give it 10 years and the batteries, charge time and charging infrastructure will all be there"

thanks, thought i'd made my mind up not to get one.... but now ... hmmm lol.

only do short journeys so it does make sense to me, just that buying used, know nothing about how they been used/charged etc or if they are on their way out or not

Lots of early scare stories sbout battery life a few years back. In reality they are lasting very well.

"A work mate has an electric car, and loves it. Work have even put in charging spots in the car park.

Give it 10 years and the batteries, charge time and charging infrastructure will all be there"

Should try hunting for a Charging point up here in Scotland, large towns are ok, but anywhere else is a joke

Give it 10 years and the batteries, charge time and charging infrastructure will all be there

thanks, thought i'd made my mind up not to get one.... but now ... hmmm lol.

only do short journeys so it does make sense to me, just that buying used, know nothing about how they been used/charged etc or if they are on their way out or not"

Any used car should have a service history and ask about the battery change scheme.

You also need to factor in getting a charging point at your house.

Overall I would say on the long run they will be cheaper than a petrol/diesel car. The green kudos is iffy because of the lithium batteries at the minute.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

We have a Lexus hybrid.

Ten years or 100k

Is the warranty miles on batteries.

But there are Prius owners with 250k and still going strong.

There are companies now that you can buy refurbished cells. Certain car's you can replaced damaged cells rather than the whole lot.

Buying used

Ensure that mileage isn't too low as under charging is more damaging than high miles.

Full dealer history with yearly hybrid health checks.

Not to mention lower running and maintenance costs compared to petrol or diesel.

Zero tax,

Brake pads designed to last 70k

No starter motor

No clutch as it's electronic

We have a Seven year service plan in place.

Not to mention that we get around 60mpg on a car with a 1.8 petrol engine.

However I realise that repair costs will be expensive in the event of breakdown but aren't most car's?

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

You can get more than 7 years but that's about it really.

On cheap cars it will cost about 7 grand.

In other words you will only get to change the battery once and then the car has lost all value.

It's why a lot in the industry want hydrogen cars instead. Mercedes first hydrogen car is out soon, ironically it will be a plugin hybrid too, because they can't get the hydrogen plants out fast enough so the battery power is supposed to cover the difference.

Worcester

Give it 10 to 15 years and they will change tac again and say that hybrids are damaging to the planet.

You all have short memories as it was less than 20 years ago that we were all been advised to drop our polluting petrol cars for Diesel and now they are the nemesis.

It’s like the carbon footprint, another spin doctors way of taxing us all.

Wake up and save your money.

They aren’t worth the ridiculous price that they cost and if the other countries aren’t following suit we are wasting our time anyway.

You'd have to do the maths on the savings.

Ten years zero road tax

Ten years 300 a year road tax.

70mpg for 100,000 miles Vs 40mpg.

Service costs.

and let's not forget if we're doing the ten year thing!.

There's a good chance a diesel won't be worth anything in ten years time anyhow.

By *.justmeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

A lot of Hybrid battery’s only last about 7 years before they deteriorate. Some company’s offer a mileage guaranteed like 150,000 miles ect then they don’t cover them anymore. A car like a Prius would cost roughly £3500 for a replacement but you can also get refurbished ones now at a cheaper cost

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i am the hippy with the prius..... absolutely love mine..... but do have my eye on a tesla when i come to move on.....

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

one extra thing to mention, is battery replacement will charge you battery disposal, but honest truth it battery's especially these battery's shouldn't be charged even tho they will charge on your bill, they get paid to send them to disposal company's as they are worth close to £5 a kg.

"Tesla ...300 miles 8 year warranty ...amazing fast and quiet .

And massively over priced "

But they do guarantee you a buy back if you buy new

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

And massively over priced "

nooo.... you seen the price of the new model 3!!!

By *irtycpl7980Couple  over a year ago

Northumberland

LOL, I love reading the car threads!

There is a lot of disinformation here and reading the messages you can tell who actually works within the trade and those who just spout what they read in agenda driven media and the most reliable of trusted sources of course .... social media!

It is true that currently batteries are expensive however certainly nowhere near the £1000’s of pounds mentioned. Manufacturers actually split the battery packs into multiple cells so if one cell goes faulty you only actually have to replace that. Some of the ‘cheaper’ manufacturers actually lease the battery to you preying on those that believe batteries will die and empty your bank account to replace them. I work for a German manufacturer however when we launched our range a lot of the info given to us was based around Toyota and I believe few others have echoed this as a Toyota owner. Toyota have never yet actually had to replace a ‘faulty’ battery cell and they have been doing the cars for over 10 years and most cars have atleast an 8 year warranty on them.

Charging the battery does not cause long term damage to the battery (unless you have have a faulty charger punching through a current that is too heavy ... again this hasn’t actually happened yet) as the battery does not have a ‘memory’ like a mobile phone for example. The cars that can accept a ‘fast charge’ at a service station only charge to 80% full so as to not damage them.

Governments will always use any spin to charge you tax so no doubt over time they will devise a way to tell you that it still needs taxed but electric/ electric hybrid is the future again my manufacturer like most will be mostly EV by 2025 with a phase out of standard engines by 2040.

Embrace the future people, albeit I accept that some EV cars are still out of the price range for a lot of people as they certainly don’t come cheap but with scrappage at the minute with ourselves you can get a fully electric for around £22k, the price of a standard diesel.

By *illnatMan  over a year ago

wherever i need to be

"Tesla ...300 miles 8 year warranty ...amazing fast and quiet ."

So want one but it’s not gonna happen short of a lottery win.

Are there not battery leasing options on some of these cars that make the battery issues less of a problem?

By *elson61Man  over a year ago

WELWYN GARDEN CITY

And massively over priced

nooo.... you seen the price of the new model 3!!!

"

Have you seen they are having problems actually making the model 3?

By *irtycpl7980Couple  over a year ago

Northumberland

Are there not battery leasing options on some of these cars that make the battery issues less of a problem? "

Yes they do, it’s a bit of a con, costing you more than just buying it and, let’s say you bought a car on a 3 year pcp for example but change your car after 2 years you actually have to pay off the remaining 1 year battery lease up front.

A lot of hidden bits on leasing a battery, the manufacturer in question didn’t tell one of my customers this just gave her a settlement for the pcp and the. Sent her a bill for best part of £1000 after she had already taken her new car and handed her old in which was money she couldn’t afford. I felt horrible as there was literally nothin* 8 could do to help her out.

notts

Are there not battery leasing options on some of these cars that make the battery issues less of a problem?

Yes they do, it’s a bit of a con, costing you more than just buying it and, let’s say you bought a car on a 3 year pcp for example but change your car after 2 years you actually have to pay off the remaining 1 year battery lease up front.

A lot of hidden bits on leasing a battery, the manufacturer in question didn’t tell one of my customers this just gave her a settlement for the pcp and the. Sent her a bill for best part of £1000 after she had already taken her new car and handed her old in which was money she couldn’t afford. I felt horrible as there was literally nothin* 8 could do to help her out."

great info thanks, can i ask your views on buying a 4/5 year old car... would it be too risky??

Electric cars are the future tesla have the edge at the mo tho by a country mile

Worcester

Can’t wait for the new one by Dyson.

That will bring a whole new meaning to making Green clean

Went in a Prius once. Felt like it was made of milk bottle lids...so cheap and nasty feeling.

"Can’t wait for the new one by Dyson.

That will bring a whole new meaning to making Green clean "

As long as they're better than those awful shit vacuum cleaners they make

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

Check how much a fast charging point is where you live that can be very expensive

couple, us we him her.

Or buy a model that is regenerative and self charges. No need to plugs in.

By *aria_aldershotTV/TS  over a year ago

Aldershot

"You'd have to do the maths on the savings.

Ten years zero road tax

Service costs.

There's a good chance a diesel won't be worth anything in ten years time anyhow.

"

£7000 second hand (27k on clock) 1600cc diesel, £20 a year tax, 64mpg !! At the moment thats the cheapest route, plus these diesel cars will now reduce in price so will become an even better option

couple, us we him her.

I think you will find road tax on diesel cars rising sharply over the next few years

ethanol compression ignition is beginning to creep out of the design workshop ... basically diesel engines that run on vegetable spirit distillate

By *aughtynigel02121980Man  over a year ago

Brandon

"Give it 10 to 15 years and they will change tac again and say that hybrids are damaging to the planet.

You all have short memories as it was less than 20 years ago that we were all been advised to drop our polluting petrol cars for Diesel and now they are the nemesis.

They aren’t worth the ridiculous price that they cost and if the other countries aren’t following suit we are wasting our time anyway."

And once they have got rid of diesel cars the price of petrol will go up ten fold to cover the cost of revenue they are losing through diesel not being sold on the forecourt

By *wizzlenipsMan  over a year ago

Newport

"Give it 10 to 15 years and they will change tac again and say that hybrids are damaging to the planet.

They aren’t worth the ridiculous price that they cost and if the other countries aren’t following suit we are wasting our time anyway. And once they have got rid of diesel cars the price of petrol will go up ten fold to cover the cost of revenue they are losing through diesel not being sold on the forecourt"

So when diesel disappears what are drivers going to do? Resort to walking? Do you not expect sales of diesel to be replaced by some other fuel like, oh I don't know maybe petrol?

By *wizzlenipsMan  over a year ago

Newport

They aren’t worth the ridiculous price that they cost and if the other countries aren’t following suit we are wasting our time anyway."

UK is currently lagging behind Norway, Netherlands and France so we're hardly ploughing a lone furrow.

"UK is currently lagging behind Norway, Netherlands and France so we're hardly ploughing a lone furrow."

Norway buys cheap wind generated power from Denmark, pumps water up mountains to generate cheap hydro electricity so is in green energy surplus.

Holland has offshore wind farms, and is in green energy surplus.

France has nuclear and hydro electricity and is in less green energy surplus.

UK still uses coal and gas to make electricity, and won't have enough of the stuff to keep mobile phones running let alone a transport infrastructure.

Also while 1% of the population are munching a sandwich waiting 30 minutes for their car to recharge, all is good. If 99% tried it 97% would be in the queue for the charger, so would eat so many sandwiches that the motors would need to be upgraded for the weight...

We have a problem, we don't yet have a solution.

Ten years zero road tax

Service costs.

£7000 second hand (27k on clock) 1600cc diesel, £20 a year tax, 64mpg !! At the moment thats the cheapest route, plus these diesel cars will now reduce in price so will become an even better option "

Diesel will be phased out over the next five years wether you like it or not, the decision has been made at a high level, this is mainly because of air pollution in city centres killing hundreds of thousands of people in the EU.

Forecourt diesel will cost twice what petrol will and your road tax will be several hundred pounds.

That will make your £7000 car "worthless" and your 64mpg in real terms price wise 32mpg.

Once gov and car manufacturers make the decision like they have you need to realise those days are numbered

Worcester

Ten years zero road tax

Service costs.

£7000 second hand (27k on clock) 1600cc diesel, £20 a year tax, 64mpg !! At the moment thats the cheapest route, plus these diesel cars will now reduce in price so will become an even better option .

Diesel will be phased out over the next five years wether you like it or not, the decision has been made at a high level, this is mainly because of air pollution in city centres killing hundreds of thousands of people in the EU.

Forecourt diesel will cost twice what petrol will and your road tax will be several hundred pounds.

That will make your £7000 car "worthless" and your 64mpg in real terms price wise 32mpg.

Once gov and car manufacturers make the decision like they have you need to realise those days are numbered"

Until the law suits start over the hybrids battery shelf life.

The maths don't add up.

"Diesel will be phased out over the next five years wether you like it or not, the decision has been made at a high level, this is mainly because of air pollution in city centres killing hundreds of thousands of people in the EU.

Once gov and car manufacturers make the decision like they have you need to realise those days are numbered"

24 hour vehicles like ambulances, police cars, lorries etc. Will be using diesel for a long time after they stop selli g regular diesel cars. It will be a long time before the fuel disappears.

"Diesel will be phased out over the next five years wether you like it or not, the decision has been made at a high level, this is mainly because of air pollution in city centres killing hundreds of thousands of people in the EU.

Once gov and car manufacturers make the decision like they have you need to realise those days are numbered

24 hour vehicles like ambulances, police cars, lorries etc. Will be using diesel for a long time after they stop selli g regular diesel cars. It will be a long time before the fuel disappears. "

You mean gov vehicles?.

Yes I would imagine the gov will not implement the same rules for themselves as they do for you.

Ten years zero road tax

Service costs.

£7000 second hand (27k on clock) 1600cc diesel, £20 a year tax, 64mpg !! At the moment thats the cheapest route, plus these diesel cars will now reduce in price so will become an even better option .

Until the law suits start over the hybrids battery shelf life.

The maths don't add up."

I just added them up, the gov have and usually do whatever they want to do, nobody CHOOSE to go diesel, they were enticed on to it just like they'll be enticed off it

It's just my opinion based on what's gone on!.

Once billon pound corporations decide there not making diesels by 2025 like vw, Volvo, BMW, Toyota, Honda are doing (and I'd be cautious on that figure, I suspect it will be alot sooner, they tend not to say sooner as they don't want to panic the market)... Once these decisions are made at a high level they pretty much always get initiated.

There going EV and hybrid and I'd reckon by 2020 you'll see large scale market saturation by then

[Removed by poster at 15/11/17 18:25:24]

Corporations love built in obselesence, buy new every couple of years suits them. Recycling not so popular. Re-use absolutely hated.

Cars not worth buying after 4 or 5 years ownership is what the industry wants.

It really doesn't have much to do with the environment unfortunately.

"Corporations love built in obselesence, buy new every couple of years suits them. Recycling not so popular. Re-use absolutely hated.

Cars not worth buying after 4 or 5 years ownership is what the industry wants.

It really doesn't have much to do with the environment unfortunately. "

Bingo

Just a constant life time lease

Aldershot

In 5 years time my 7k car will be replaced, prob by a petrol, def not by an expensive electic one though

Worcester

Doubling the price of diesel will never happen as it would cause mass inflation due to haulage costs increasing massively.

It's just scare mongering.

couple, us we him her.

"Doubling the price of diesel will never happen as it would cause mass inflation due to haulage costs increasing massively.

"

Really you sure about that, didn't stop diesel prices going through the roof a few years ago government didn't seem to give a crap when haulage companies where complaining about fuel costs.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

I was watching a YouTube video yesterday about a Tesla that had done 300,000 miles in 2 years, the battery was still at 90% of the original capacity.

Worcester

"Doubling the price of diesel will never happen as it would cause mass inflation due to haulage costs increasing massively.

Really you sure about that, didn't stop diesel prices going through the roof a few years ago government didn't seem to give a crap when haulage companies where complaining about fuel costs.

"

There is a fear of hyper inflation so it wont happen its like all the Brexit crap, all there to scare us.

You really think Germany would lose it largest car market when we leave, think not.

Cambridge

https://youtu.be/Gb_i4ihsJ1w

This video shows a Tesla battery will last around 540,000 miles before dropping to 80% of the original capacity. He said that equates to around 23 years of real life driving.

Worcester

"https://youtu.be/Gb_i4ihsJ1w

This video shows a Tesla battery will last around 540,000 miles before dropping to 80% of the original capacity. He said that equates to around 23 years of real life driving. "

Its like all factory / laboratory tests all good in the perfect environment but once in real use then the true numbers will show.

Its how car companies create their supposed MPG, on a rolling road in a workshop.

Add in the stop starts, hot cold starts etc and then see.

Cambridge

"https://youtu.be/Gb_i4ihsJ1w

This video shows a Tesla battery will last around 540,000 miles before dropping to 80% of the original capacity. He said that equates to around 23 years of real life driving.

Its like all factory / laboratory tests all good in the perfect environment but once in real use then the true numbers will show.

Its how car companies create their supposed MPG, on a rolling road in a workshop.

Add in the stop starts, hot cold starts etc and then see."

That is based on real world, user data. Not lab tests.

Aldershot

[Removed by poster at 12/10/18 15:24:40]

Aldershot

"

One year on and diesel has the same price difference to petrol !?? my diesel car is still £20

A year to tax as well

Newest electric motorbikes will get up to 200 miles depending on how you use it.

But they can be expensive

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

"Have you tried asking on the car forums via Google? You're going to get way better replies on a specific forum than you are on a sex site!"

I can only imagine he's been posting on the car forums e.g. -"How many like to get nawty with a lady by licking her hole on the back seat of their Prius.

thanks in advance"

It’s around 10 years at the moment which is why I wouldn’t buy a hybrid or EV yet. When the technology is better I’ll definitely be getting an EV as my daily driver.

Are there not battery leasing options on some of these cars that make the battery issues less of a problem? "

You can deffo lease the battery with new Nissan E models... I think most manufacturers will have some variation on that deal aswell

Worcester

[Removed by poster at 13/10/18 08:06:32]

Worcester

They are just a stop gap till the hydrogen models come out.

Forget Tesla, ask anyone that owns one what the build quality is like and you will be shocked.

As for battery leasing, so much for “Cheap” motoring then eh!

"They are just a stop gap till the hydrogen models come out.

Forget Tesla, ask anyone that owns one what the build quality is like and you will be shocked.

As for battery leasing, so much for “Cheap” motoring then eh!"

This I was chatting to the sales man at a dealership and he said he wouldnt touch w u electric personally and to wait for hydrogen. That dealer is ready to release theirs next year

By *arly StagesCouple  over a year ago

Penwortham

I'm currently driving a prius, it's 13 years old and done just short of 140,000 miles. The hybrid battery is absolutely fine, though I have had to replace the standard 12v battery. It's been a great car for me so far and I've no intentions of replacing it just yet. Although with the large centre console, it's not a great car for getting jiggy in!!

"This I was chatting to the sales man at a dealership and he said he wouldnt touch w u electric personally and to wait for hydrogen. That dealer is ready to release theirs next year "

Hydrogen won't be a solution.

1 Much more dangerous than petrol

2 have you seen any hydrogen in garages? I have, but only once in Norway, price per mile would be about the same as petrol.

3 water is also a finite resource, many countries don't have enough. Would be irresponsible to burn it.

4 winter, traffic lights etc will have nice pools of water waiting to freeze.

"

3 water is also a finite resource, many countries don't have enough. Would be irresponsible to burn it."

Errrrrr water is the by product its not burnt its hydrogen is ignited when its combined with oxygen so where is the irresponsible element in that?

2H2 + O2 ? 2H2O

I work in within future energy engineering... i have 3 petrol v8 vehicles

Anyway yes battery are the future typically your getting 10 years from batteries and at the point of failure theres many companies that are able to replace dropped cells for as little as £200, hydrogen will never be in mainline production ever & diesel is dead.

Toyota are forfront of ev/hybrid they have been developing since the late 90s. Forget audi/vw/seat/skoda group, they have put far to much emphasis on their rubbish diesel engines and cant make a good motor or power system.

My wife has a bmw i3 with long range/fast charge so can do a trip from derby to london on a single charge (capable of 170miles per charge) charge time at rapid charge is 40mins empty to full

Im trading my daily car in for a bmw i8 pretty soon bmw really have got the whole package with batter cars.

Are they the future? Yes.

One of my customers has a tesla and 2 tesla power walls fed by solar panels on the roof o hose house.His car runs on sunshine .His bills for running the car and heating the home and all electricity comes to under £1500 a year .

"One of my customers has a tesla and 2 tesla power walls fed by solar panels on the roof o hose house.His car runs on sunshine .His bills for running the car and heating the home and all electricity comes to under £1500 a year ."

We do the same with my wifes. Hers is lease, the diesel fuel cost of the audi Q3. Covers the lease cost so it works out shes 300 odd better off per month

"

3 water is also a finite resource, many countries don't have enough. Would be irresponsible to burn it.

Errrrrr water is the by product its not burnt its hydrogen is ignited when its combined with oxygen so where is the irresponsible element in that?

2H2 + O2 ? 2H2O

"

The hydrogen is made by using lots of electricity to split the oxygen off from water.

When the hydrogen is used as fuel less water will be created in the exhaust than was originally used to make the hydrogen. I don't have the numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised if over 90% of the water used is lost.

Worcester

"I work in within future energy engineering... i have 3 petrol v8 vehicles

Anyway yes battery are the future typically your getting 10 years from batteries and at the point of failure theres many companies that are able to replace dropped cells for as little as £200, hydrogen will never be in mainline production ever & diesel is dead.

Toyota are forfront of ev/hybrid they have been developing since the late 90s. Forget audi/vw/seat/skoda group, they have put far to much emphasis on their rubbish diesel engines and cant make a good motor or power system.

My wife has a bmw i3 with long range/fast charge so can do a trip from derby to london on a single charge (capable of 170miles per charge) charge time at rapid charge is 40mins empty to full

Im trading my daily car in for a bmw i8 pretty soon bmw really have got the whole package with batter cars.

Are they the future? Yes. "

Good luck plugging them in if you live in a high rise or have a property with no driveway.

Think I could make a killing here with extra long extension leads.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

When we go on holiday we do 300mls each way. So we would have to do it in 2 legs each way

I think we will be staying with our Nissan note.

But if all the remainers are correct we will be back to horses and stagecoaches

"Good luck plugging them in if you live in a high rise or have a property with no driveway.

Think I could make a killing here with extra long extension leads. "

Sod that I am setting up a compensation claims line for pedestrians tripping on the extra long extension leads

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

thanks in advance

exactly .I can't see why the car manufacturers went this way bearing in mind in years to come there,will be huge stockpiles of these dud batteries lying about because 94% of the battery can't be got rid of .well done people for buying them. you really are thinking of the planet and the future as,usual .also the earths core is once again being ripped out as the need for cobalt will increase .there was,a perfectly cheaper avenue to go down .hydrogen power.

Bookmarking that to read later as I am wondering if it worth it.

» Add a new message to this topic