FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Christmas aisle.....

Christmas aisle.....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Went into Morrisions today and they already have a whole aisle dedicated to Xmas goodies....not mid September yet and I can get advent calendars to open in Oct and Nov, never mind December lol!!!

Why do they start selling stuff so early?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Money money money

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I bought a couple of prezzies a month ago x

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

hang on, we only know it's nearly christmas cos they were selling hot cross buns in Tesco's

not even my birthday yet sake and there out already

o and those shopping channels keep saying yeh get a good bargain here for xmas

went into M&S friday and by the Halloween stuff there was some Christmas treats, I thought it was early for Halloween!

"went into M&S friday and by the Halloween stuff there was some Christmas treats, I thought it was early for Halloween! "
Halloween is ok but for xmas it is far to much commercialize now, when we were kids its 2 weeks before now its 4 months before

Supply and demand

Alot of people start buying christmas presents earlier, so its out of the way so to speak

And families also do the same with party food etc. Nothing worse than organsing a get together to find you cant get any nibbles.

good thing to is stock up beer when the prices are down - (drink sensible to)

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

In our local Tesco, down their seasonal aisle, they have BBQ and camping stuff down one side, and Christmas stuff down the other!!

typical b & q dont no what season it is lol

"Went into Morrisions today and they already have a whole aisle dedicated to Xmas goodies....not mid September yet and I can get advent calendars to open in Oct and Nov, never mind December lol!!!

Why do they start selling stuff so early?"

If they left it until December before decising what stock they needed there would be a mad rush at the wholesalers and they may not get everything in the store in time for when shoppers who prefer to buy xmas stuff in December to come in a buy them - and face a barage of complaints because they weren't prepared.... and all because a few people get irked at xmas stuff on sale in September.

I wonder how those same people would feel if they forked out a few thousand pounds to the kids to Disneyland to find Disney's huge dedicated Christmas store, which is right underneath the world famous Disney Castle, closed with a sign saying, "Not open until December 1st cos someone moaned about it."

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

heard on the radio late last week that Tesco launcing their xmas food range ...

agree with Wishey but, as it was pointed outon the radio ...

its still 14 or so weeks til xmas and many of the food items will currently have a sell by date much less than that

"heard on the radio late last week that Tesco launcing their xmas food range ...

agree with Wishey but, as it was pointed outon the radio ...

its still 14 or so weeks til xmas and many of the food items will currently have a sell by date much less than that "

The law has changed regarding use by dates. Even though shops must still display a sell by date you won't see a use by date on them anymore. This is to try and combat the mountain of perfectly good food that is thrown away each year simply because it had passed it's former use by date.

Coz there wantr more money and people buy the sweet for halloween as well and ive got all but 2 prezzies to buy and still have my brithday in october yet hehe busy busy

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

How soon till someone starts to bring out their Easter Eggs stocks??

Years ago, one of our neighbours was a UK Manager for one of the major Greetings Cards companies.

As each major event of the year ended (Xmas, Valentines Day, Easter and so on), he and his teams were working on the next event in chronological order, in terms of designs, printing, and advertising........but 2 years in advance!!!

That's dedication.

But I used to do likewise in the Hotel trade, when I was a GM. I'd put next year's Booking Forms & Brochures on this year's Xmas Party tables.

It worked well, becuase when the customers were happy, they immediately booked for the next year whilst it was still fresh in their minds.

Psychological?? You bet!

» Add a new message to this topic