Boudoir photography

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Any photographers?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Any photographers?"

Yes! (waves).

Happy to share my portfolio off site - drop me a PM if you're interested.

I am a photographer and done quite a few shoots for friends on this site. Happy to provide more information and portfolio link if you want to explore further

"I am a photographer and done quite a few shoots for friends on this site. Happy to provide more information and portfolio link if you want to explore further"

I think a Fab Photography forum group was suggested on here once: that would be a great resource for people seeking photographers - I know there is a great deal of scepticism about the motivations of those taking the pictures (naturally!) but it would really help the genuine ones if there was forum for connecting & discussing shoot experiences on here.

Just a thought

By *imjohnCouple  over a year ago

Clacton on sea, Essex

Weve had the odd dabble with this sort of photography check out John's profile clactontog we are not free until after Xmas.

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

With the quality of phone cameras now and simple to use editing software, there is no need to get a photographer, just a bit of diy can suffice.

Some simple tips-

Make a day or two for it, don't rush, just take lots of images

Light the room with natural light, don't use the flash or bright room lights, they will make nasty shadows.

Drape white voile or net over the window to diffuse the sunlight a little, any additional lights you have (ceiling or lamps), cover those too (safely so not to cause a fite),again stops the shadows. This time of year probably isn't a problem.

Secure your camera or phone with a tripod or stand, there are loads out there that can be bought for peanuts.

Study poses; Google is a good resource for ideas of boudoir images and pose styles.

Also look up rule of thirds, it's a simple rule that makes a picture more pleasing.

Edit the images once taken, I use photoshop app on my phone (it's free), does all you need, a little playing around with it and it's soon mastered.

Crop images, there may actually be an image within a picture you wasn't happy with so look a little closer.

Have fun, doing it yourself, you can have fun, no pressure of from a photographer. The more relaxed and enjoying what you are doing, the better your pictures will come out.

» Add a new message to this topic