FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > priceless

priceless

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

i reported a fault with my internet on monday to vigin media. it was fixed within a couple of hours. they have just called me to inform that the fault has now been fixed and my services should return to normal shortly.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

you're bloody lucky...they took 2 months and 4 visits to fix mine !!!

just proves virgin do care

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"just proves virgin do care"

I HATE virgin

By *eaboMan  over a year ago

marden

any fix with orange involves at least three hours arguing with a foriegn call centre and a request for a mac code brfore it gets fixed.

"

I HATE virgins"

Me too Granny, they are just so inexperienced!

Virgin Media? Good customer care?? WOW!

I am genuinely shocked!

Every time I rang them I would get a right cheeky cow.

Their so called customer service was the reason why I went to Sky.

Virgin Media? Good customer care?? WOW!

I am genuinely shocked!

Their so called customer service was the reason why I went to Sky.

"just proves virgin do care

I HATE virgin"

love virgin

been with for 10 years now, not had any major problems

"Virgin Media? Good customer care?? WOW!

I am genuinely shocked!

Their so called customer service was the reason why I went to Sky. "

its who you speak to an how you react to them

A couple of weeks ago I had an outage (apparently a HW failure at the local exchange).

They had it fixed in a few hours and credited me a day for the inconvenience.

If the problem is with their actual network they are generally ok. If you want to find out something and are unlucky enough to get the Indian call centre that is a different matter entirely!

(UK call centre is brill from my experience).

It's a shame they don't have more coverage of the country and get BT to actually sort out the crap phone lines in many places.

I am genuinely shocked!

Their so called customer service was the reason why I went to Sky. "

been with the various from since 1996

i am very unhappy with CS since it's been Virgin Media sadly can't change to Sky where i live

The call centre you get depends on the day and time you call apparently.

Also certain parts of the country Virgin cover are not as good as others in terms of over subscription etc. (I guess a hang over from the old NTL/Telewest/etc days).

Sky on the other hand are thieving gits. My parents are with them and their "help line" charges by the minute and take an *age* to sort anything out. (3 sky boxes later all seems ok now touch wood)

I am genuinely shocked!

Their so called customer service was the reason why I went to Sky. its who you speak to an how you react to them "

Definetly! The odd bad call I can understand & get over but EVERY time I rang?

& it would be just to ask if there was a problem with the lines because my internet would go down, or due to a query about my bill, nothing major, but I would always get an attitude. Male or female.

Maybe they actually listened to the complaint I put in when I left them.

Sky are FAR from perfect...charge you for everything they can, but I have always found their staff helpful & friendly, therefore I can look past the flaws.

I would rather pay a bit more for decent customer service than get a bargain & get winged at whenever I call them.

"Sky are FAR from perfect...charge you for everything they can, but I have always found their staff helpful & friendly, therefore I can look past the flaws.

I would rather pay a bit more for decent customer service than get a bargain & get winged at whenever I call them."

Hang on a minute, do you mean virgin broadband over a normal phone line or virgin cable? The former I have heard is a bit shite.

Having been a Virgin engineer for many years (I orked for a company subcontracted to Virgin) I can assure you that the switch/head end engineers do an exemplary service maintaining the network and keeping customer outages to a minimum. When we had the bad snows of the last two winters those guys were still out there in the dead of night sorting out cabinets that had been crushed by runaway lorries and cars that lost control in the icy conditions, often this involved being out all night to get the cabinet back up and running by the morning - and I froze my bollocks off several times doing it with them too.

Their customer service dept could do with some looking at. If you do need to call the call centre, call it between 9.00am-5pm and you should get an English operator (if you don't, politely request someone with a British accent, don't say just 'British' as there are British Asians even though they sound like they even know how to speak English) - failing that, hang up and call again and you may get routed through to an English operator.

"Having been a Virgin engineer for many years (I orked for a company subcontracted to Virgin) I can assure you that the switch/head end engineers do an exemplary service maintaining the network and keeping customer outages to a minimum. When we had the bad snows of the last two winters those guys were still out there in the dead of night sorting out cabinets that had been crushed by runaway lorries and cars that lost control in the icy conditions, often this involved being out all night to get the cabinet back up and running by the morning - and I froze my bollocks off several times doing it with them too.

Their customer service dept could do with some looking at. If you do need to call the call centre, call it between 9.00am-5pm and you should get an English operator (if you don't, politely request someone with a British accent, don't say just 'British' as there are British Asians even though they sound like they even know how to speak English) - failing that, hang up and call again and you may get routed through to an English operator."

Exactly my experience, ring during the day and get someone who you can trouble shoot with. I basically said I have restarted my computer and cable modem/router after having it off for 10 minutes, the cable modem is saying xyz. To which they skipped all the pre-scripted crap and sorted out the problem pronto!

And why does "Virgin engineer" make me giggle?

i have No complaints with the engineers, just the CS dept

"Exactly my experience, ring during the day and get someone who you can trouble shoot with. I basically said I have restarted my computer and cable modem/router after having it off for 10 minutes, the cable modem is saying xyz. To which they skipped all the pre-scripted crap and sorted out the problem pronto!

And why does "Virgin engineer" make me giggle? "

Virgin's network structure is this:

CableTV and broadband are delivered through the cabletv network and cabinets (those are the smaller cabinets you see out in the street). The telephones are delivered via the larger cabinets and are completely separate from the TV side of things except for where they converge at the point of entry to your house. There are permanent cables run between the telephone cabinets and the cabletv cabinets and the installers connect to these when installing telephone lines. If you are having all three services installed a siamese cable is run to your house from the CATV cabinet. The siamese cable is a coax cable and a twisted pair cable joined together at the manufacturer. The coax delivers your TV and the twisted pair is split to feed your telephones and broadband.

Now, if your BB is down it usually means an installer (not a fully fledged Virgin engineer) has been into the CATV cabinet and disturbed the cable feeding your house, which in layman's terms means he's removed your cable so he can install the new customer he's working on or he won't get paid the daily bonus he gets for installing four or more new customers. (forget the bollocks they give you about running diagnostics etc, they can check the line from the call centre and if they get no response from it they have to send an engineer out to it which is why they have a four-hour response time to fix a fault).

You rarely get landline telephony problems as the installers cannot gain access to the large telephony cabinets as they have no business going into them.

Hope that explains why you get outages with Virgin. *remember, a cable is a cable and it doesn't change unless it is chopped through or disconnected - it either works or it doesn't, but a flooded cabinet can be a problem - until it dries out and starts working again lol.

"i have No complaints with the engineers, just the CS dept "
never had any complaints about cs staff, there human people just like us

"i have No complaints with the engineers, just the CS dept never had any complaints about cs staff, there human people just like us "

Never said they weren't

The 4th engineer that came to fix my internet gave me his mobile number and said "When it goes off again call directly and he would get senior technicians to fix it!"

I asked him surely you mean "If" and not "when"

"The 4th engineer that came to fix my internet gave me his mobile number and said "When it goes off again call directly and he would get senior technicians to fix it!"

I asked him surely you mean "If" and not "when" "

sounds like he wanted to come back

» Add a new message to this topic