FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 9/11 WTC New York

9/11 WTC New York

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hil McAvity OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Just sparing a thought for the 1,000's of people that were affected 10 years ago.

Whatever their beliefs my their souls rest in peace.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *odka n CokeCouple  over a year ago

Greater London

I watched a documentary on the 9/11 attacks and the firefighters who responded.

It was very emotional, especially when the film showed the firemen listening to bodies hitting the concrete outside the lobby of the towers.

I always think of the terror those poor people must have felt and the sheer panic their loved ones must have experienced as they frantically tried to contact their families.

It makes me sick to think of the level of evil some people will sink to in the name of religion.

May the innocent people involved rest in peace.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It makes me sick to think of the level of evil some people will sink to in the name of religion.

"

The problem doesn't lie within religion itself - the problem lies within someones interpretation of a religion and how far they are prepared to go to impose that interpretation.

There is a school of thought that would suggest that the only thing you can do with a fanatic is 'wipe them out'

I'm not sure whether I agree with that sentiment, but neither do I believe that a fanatic can truly be 're-educated' to have thoughts other than those he has been indoctrinated with over many years.

I am sad to say that I see no short term peaceful solutions to the situation and there will be far more blood on the carpet before these issues are addressed and more importantly resolved.

ive watched a few documentaries this week with my 12yr old daughter and she has been very moved by them. one of the teachers at the primary both my kids went to lost a brother. watchin these has helped her understand why her teacher was emotional at this time og=f year.

her school is havin a minutes silence today as a mark of respect as they wont be able to on sunday.

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

My thoughts are with those that lost their lives, the ones that where injured and all their family and friends.

This time 10 yrs ago the world changed forever, I dont think there is one of us that will ever forget the tragic events that happened then and is still happening to this day as a result of those actions,we still have people suffering and dying from the effects of breathing in the ash cloud yet these people and their families seem to be the forgotten ones.

I havnt got the answers to this but do know that if we all sit here thinking that one voice will not change anything then nothing will ever happen to put those wrongs to right.

Sue x

[Removed by poster at 09/09/11 10:01:44]

I watched a 9/11 Special Question Time last night as there were a few people who seemed to really not understand why the U.S. acted as it did after 9/11. The recriminations levelled at the Bush Govt for going into Afghanistan was being fired at the panel thick and fast and they seemed to completely miss the point that you cannot have peaceful dialogue with someone who sees a white skin and feels an instant compulsion to inflict as much damage to that person that they possibly can. This isn't about race, it's about a group of people who, even if they obtained their holy grail - a worldwide Islamic state - would still regard non-Arabs as infidels and would wipe them out.

You cannot reason with that level of hatred.

By *edhotminxWoman  over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

It has to be a defining moment of where were you when the planes hit. I was at home watching the news and phoned my then husband at work to tell him what was going on. His workplace ground to a halt as everyone gathered round the television in the staff canteen and watched in disbelief.

Even now, when they show clips on programmes, I still remember the horror of watching hundreds of people die 'live' on television.

It is reported that 200+ people jumped to their deaths and that the thud thud thud of them hitting the deck was almost like a machine gun firing it was that frequent.

One eye witness said that he always beleived people would die falling from that height long before they hit the ground but the people he saw fall were still flailing their arms and legs as though trying to brace for the impact.

How horrific it must be to go through that, or indeed witness it.

» Add a new message to this topic