FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Jailed for 4 months

Jailed for 4 months

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *muma OP   Woman  over a year ago

Livingston

An HGV driver who was caught driving whilst 5 times over the limit was today jailed for 4 months and lost his licence for 6 years.

Having lost a close friend through a d*unk driver, I think this sentence is abysmal and he should also be banned for life!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i understand ur anger.

i think the sentence is ok if he learns a lesson from it. if he had hit someone its a diff story

no excuse for being over the limit at all ... i think everyone who has a drink and gets behind the wheel of a car should be jailed xx

By *ingmasterMan  over a year ago

nottingham

"An HGV driver who was caught driving whilst 5 times over the limit was today jailed for 4 months and lost his licence for 6 years.

Having lost a close friend through a d*unk driver, I think this sentence is abysmal and he should also be banned for life!!"

totally agree . never mind the speed cameras fining people for doing a mile an hour over the speed limit , these guys are the ones the plod should be persecuting .

By *muma OP   Woman  over a year ago

Livingston

he had 20 shots of straight vodka AS he was driving!!!

By *ingmasterMan  over a year ago

nottingham

"he had 20 shots of straight vodka AS he was driving!!!"

well he shows a certain panache , i'll give him that .

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

just been on the news that the lady who was twice the limit and did a u-turn and drove up the M5 the wrong way for 20 miles.. she got a 9 month sentence...

it does make you worry about what the maximum sentences for this type of thing is...

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"An HGV driver who was caught driving whilst 5 times over the limit was today jailed for 4 months and lost his licence for 6 years.

Having lost a close friend through a d*unk driver, I think this sentence is abysmal and he should also be banned for life!!"

Sentancing is so inconsistent, lorry driver in Norfolk was in court on Monday killed a woman in a 7 car pile up while he was distracted by his mobile phone (already had ppoints for using it previously) got 6 years inside and a 5 year driving ban. Still not enough in my opinion

"just been on the news that the lady who was twice the limit and did a u-turn and drove up the M5 the wrong way for 20 miles.. she got a 9 month sentence...

it does make you worry about what the maximum sentences for this type of thing is..."

I saw that on news as well, she only stopped cause she ran out of petrol.

She was driving wrong way, in fast lane of mway round and blind-ish bend. Miracle there were no casualties.

By *iz78Woman  over a year ago

wirral

a friend of mine was killed by a d*unk driver.( he was only 21 , was a promising golfer and was left to die in the gutter) the driver was given a 4 yr sentence but was out in 18 months.

there is no true justice anymore.

an eye for an eye i say

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I used to run a Truck Stop in Essex until a few years ago.

One night, a driver parked up outside our site, but used our site facilities before resting in his cab. However, he didn't sleep but instead proceeded to work his way through his "duty free" stock of booze.

He drove off after only 6 hours, well in breach of legislation; but I'd concerns over his drinking issues, so I called the Police.

He was stopped at the QE2 Bridge toll booths; when tested, he was 3 times over the limit!!!

Strangely, his Transport Manager rang me to bo***ck me for reporting his driver in the first place! His place in the company ceased when I reported him to his Company MD. The driver was banned from driving for 5 years.

In the same situation again, I report a driver.

we should have a zero tolerance in this country for blood/alcohol levels.....that would stop all the problems of "I'm ok ...I can drink 2-3-4 pints and still be ok because of my metabolism etc"

By *edditchcpl69Couple  over a year ago

REDDITCH

"we should have a zero tolerance in this country for blood/alcohol levels.....that would stop all the problems of "I'm ok ...I can drink 2-3-4 pints and still be ok because of my metabolism etc"

"

agreed

Ban him for life and he will only drive illegally. Best option is to only allow him to drive after re-education and being monitored for 10 years.

i never drink drive.

Was there not a guy on the news somewhere that was done for using his 2 mobile phones while driving, then delayed speaking to the police cos he was answering a call?....

Sentences are too weak. Regardless if you are driving or not if you hit and kill someone while driving you have murdered them. So sentence should be up to life.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

" Regardless if you are driving or not if you hit and kill someone while driving you have murdered them. So sentence should be up to life."

No you haven't. Murder is intentional. What you advocate is an increased application of "manslaughter" as opposed to "causing death by dangerous driving", and a stronger sentence for that.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Ban him for life and he will only drive illegally. Best option is to only allow him to drive after re-education and being monitored for 10 years. "

Who's paying for this monitoring? If it's the taxpayer, forget it. If it's the culprit, I refer you to your own first sentence.

What length of ban (less than life) WOULD be adhered to? Plenty of people being charged with driving while disqualified already...and guess what the sentence is for that? A driving ban!

Having been educated in the error of my ways to the cost of£60 and 3 points for using my mobile while driving the telling off I got from the police man really hit home and I for 1 would welcome a tougher crack down on those that do it as causes just as many accidents as drink driving.

Seems to me that the ideal way to commit murder is do it in a car and get 4 yrs in prison and a ban - be out in 2 as opposed to shooting or stabbing them where you get life ( but keep your license!)

Once trials are televised we can join in by toting the sentence we think appropriate to ant & dec who will then reveal it in court ... Was it 18 months ? No ..... Pause for dramatic build up. Was it 5 years.... Hmm may be - was it life and throw the key away they are not fit to be in civilized society - yeeeees!!!!! Confetti drops in the court room as the offender gets led away - I think this idea has legs....

"we should have a zero tolerance in this country for blood/alcohol levels.....that would stop all the problems of "I'm ok ...I can drink 2-3-4 pints and still be ok because of my metabolism etc"

"

One pint is acceptable as the drink/drive limit as most people are perfectly ok to drive after 1 pint of beer or one glass of wine. Those that rarely drink should use their common sense and not take a drink if they know they have to drive shortly after as it affects seldom drinkers much more than people who consume alcohol regularly.

I went to a funeral on Tuesday and had one glass of wine as a toast to the deceased and drove 90 miles home afterwards. I didn't feel any different than I was when I drove down there but boy did I have to contend with some fucking assholes who should NEVER be behind the wheel of a car regardless of whether they've had a drink or not.

"Having been educated in the error of my ways to the cost of£60 and 3 points for using my mobile while driving the telling off I got from the police man really hit home and I for 1 would welcome a tougher crack down on those that do it as causes just as many accidents as drink driving. "

Agreed. 1000%

[Removed by poster at 08/09/11 15:06:21]

"a friend of mine was killed by a d*unk driver.( he was only 21 , was a promising golfer and was left to die in the gutter) the driver was given a 4 yr sentence but was out in 18 months.

there is no true justice anymore.

an eye for an eye i say"

An eye for an eye will make us all blind

My condolences for your lost, but retribution will have us turn back into savages

By *edhotminxWoman  over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

I remember, years ago, watching Nationwide and a test they did. Their presenter went round a race track, and at a specific point hit the brakes and stopped. They then gave him a pint of beer and repeated the same test. His reaction time was slower and the car travelled further before stopping.

I'm sure that someone, somewhere, could say it wasn't a truly scientific test, but that report has stuck with me and I never drink and drive.

"I remember, years ago, watching Nationwide and a test they did. Their presenter went round a race track, and at a specific point hit the brakes and stopped. They then gave him a pint of beer and repeated the same test. His reaction time was slower and the car travelled further before stopping.

I'm sure that someone, somewhere, could say it wasn't a truly scientific test, but that report has stuck with me and I never drink and drive.

"

I'm absolutely certain that if I was a programme maker and wanted ot make a programme proving that one pint can affect one's response times I would simply tell the driver to break slower and later on the second run. Quite easy to manipulate the public when you have a camera and a guaranteed audience of millions.

Ban for life those killed this way do not get a second chance.

» Add a new message to this topic