FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Home and ........away

Home and ........away

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Nope. not that that god awful australian crap on tv...

But....

re dining etc....

Do you dip ya bread in ya soup ? if so...do you do the same when dining out...

Love a chip butty ? if so ...would you do so when eating out...?

What eating habits do you have that you wouldnt do when eating out.

???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Off hand, i cant think of any!!

Was at a really posh do once and the woman opposite made a chip butty i didnt know where to look if im honest

i refuse to eat with my fork on my left hand...couldnt give a toss who thinks its poor ettiquite

Slightly off tangent...

...a friend's mum got invited out for dinner. Mrs M is a right snob...think Hyacinth Bucket. Any how this little old man had soup for starters and picked up the bowl and slurped from it. Mrs M was so offended she left him there, and came home and told us about it.

I don't dip my bread in the sauce of my moules marinières or drain the foam from my cappuccinno when out...but oooooh, I've been tempted many a time!

Isnt strange, its the little things that are soooooooo annoying..

I couldnt ever ever dip me bread in my soup but know those that do. But love doing it at home privately

I think it comes from working in an enviroment years ago that catered for the well to do... who knows ?

"Isnt strange, its the little things that are soooooooo annoying..

I couldnt ever ever dip me bread in my soup but know those that do. But love doing it at home privately

I think it comes from working in an enviroment years ago that catered for the well to do... who knows ? "

If at home I'll also eat my dinner with a spoon, much to the chagrin of my kids, but if I'm in a restaurant and someone uses the wrong cutlery I hypocritical snob or what?!!

im not talking posh restaurant but was at a hungry horse once and i did cut up my roast dinner into small pieces then crammed some of it into my yorkie pud... tastes so much better that way

My kids despair of me. I still refuse and disapprove of them, dunking biscuits, dipping bread in soup or making chip and crisp butties.

Although my daughter has passed onto my grandson the same strict table manners I drilled into her, he always sits at a table and if he leaves he knows the food gets lifted away.

How many kids nowadays still ask to be excused from the table when they are finished I wonder?

Not many i bet...

My mate still cuts up her sons dinner into bite size peices...he is 27

I kid you not

i break up the bread and put it into the bowl then pour the soup over it mmmmmmm

I was brought up with French and German family so mealtimes were always formal but relaxed. Nobody ate in front of tv always at the table. Same as at my families homes in England.

I think if you know the basic etiquette and look at your surroundings and how others are behaving you tailor your table manners to suit.

Nobody in a Greek or Italian restaurants thinks twice about dunking bread in anything sloppy. Asians eat with their hands.

I would never make a butty anywhere but at home - not even in a greasy spoon.

I help out at a school once a month. I am shocked by the amount of children who cannot use a knife and fork and are constantly distracted at the table and get up and down without asking. I think in communal situations you should behave like the community.

We had to set the tables for the next sitting coming in when I was at school. We were expected to scrape plates and queue for the whole tables main course and the girls served out while the boys did the fetching and carrying. We poured each other water.

Mealtimes should be enjoyable and a place to chat but still well ordered, I think.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I often wonder if there is some kind of north / south divide too.

When I lived up North, I rarely ate at a table, usually on my lap in front of the TV. I had no idea that you placed your knife and fork together when you had finished with your plate. I had never used a napkin.

Recently I went on holiday with my sister who stayed living in Huddersfield. I found myself totally shocked at her table manners. When I got home, I was telling my housemates about it, to find them falling on the floor from laughter, because that's exactly how I was, when I first moved!!

Whether its a north / south thing, coming from a working class back ground, or a nature / nurture thing, I don't know.

think i have fairly good maners at home and away

my father however was a great one for sipping the gravy from his plate...... my brother once took him for a meal at a posh restaurant and looked on horrified as my father lifted his plate to his mouth and proceeded to drink his gravy....

go dad go!!!

"i break up the bread and put it into the bowl then pour the soup over it mmmmmmm"

i love soggy bits

"i break up the bread and put it into the bowl then pour the soup over it mmmmmmm

i love soggy bits"

;) is there much you dont like?

"i break up the bread and put it into the bowl then pour the soup over it mmmmmmm

i love soggy bits

;) is there much you dont like?"

feet darlin...feet lol x

Bread is destined to be dipped in anything runnier than bread

i love soggy bits

feet darlin...feet lol x"

ignore that picture of my toenail i just sent you xx

i love soggy bits

feet darlin...feet lol x

ignore that picture of my toenail i just sent you xx"

mmmm soup dunking it now..........

i love soggy bits

feet darlin...feet lol x

ignore that picture of my toenail i just sent you xx"

thanks for that lol...minnnnnger lol x

I eat with my hands , or just use a fork

[Removed by poster at 07/09/11 15:56:12]

"I often wonder if there is some kind of north / south divide too.

When I lived up North, I rarely ate at a table, usually on my lap in front of the TV. I had no idea that you placed your knife and fork together when you had finished with your plate. I had never used a napkin.

Recently I went on holiday with my sister who stayed living in Huddersfield. I found myself totally shocked at her table manners. When I got home, I was telling my housemates about it, to find them falling on the floor from laughter, because that's exactly how I was, when I first moved!!

Whether its a north / south thing, coming from a working class back ground, or a nature / nurture thing, I don't know. "

Oh I don't know. I used to spend my weekends with a playmate in Wilmslow. The dinner table was always beautifully set, with cotton napkins and silver napkin rings. Onyx place settings, different glasses for wine, water, wine cooler - the whole nine yards.

I felt as if I was in a five star restaurant. Even when sitting down for breakfast he had a formal setting.

He's a Geordie civil engineer I'm a southern belle (sniggers)...a square of Tesco's basic kitchen towel to wipe the dribbles of your lips in my house, "fancy" paper napkins at Christmas only...you can forget cotton napkins and napkin rings!

» Add a new message to this topic