Has anyone paid this or know of someone who paid it

I and everyone I've spoken to has paid £1500 per eye

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Depends on your prescription, I was £395 per eye - best thing I ever did x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i know three ppl who had this 2 said it did nothing at all 3rd said it improved a lil bit as a glasses man i love have this but huge waste of mind springs to mind

By *etillante OP   Woman  over a year ago

Hi Foxy,

Thanks, I must admit I do not begrudge the money I paid, as you said best thing I ever did.

Nice to find someone that paid that amount

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"OK they advertise from £395.00 per eye.

Has anyone paid this or know of someone who paid it

I and everyone I've spoken to has paid £1500 per eye"

I had mine done in 2007 and I paid £ 2400 for both eyes.

"i know three ppl who had this 2 said it did nothing at all 3rd said it improved a lil bit as a glasses man i love have this but huge waste of mind springs to mind "

I went from wearing glasses from the moment I got up till I went to bed to wearing none at all. I got 20/20 vision back in one eye and almost that in the other. I also now do not need glasses for reading unless you are talking very very fine print

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Hi Foxy,

Thanks, I must admit I do not begrudge the money I paid, as you said best thing I ever did.

Nice to find someone that paid that amount"

Your welcome, I had mine done back in 2001, at the optimax clinic in Glasgow, and they are still advertising it at £395 per eye, depending on your presciption, the most they charged at the time was £700 per eye, mine was -3 in both eyes, and I am still free of Glasses

Had mine done back in 1995, it cost me £395 per eye. Got mine done at Optimax in Birmingham.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I would love it but can't

Prob because I'm old and decrepit it cost so much,

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

The one thing id check out before you go ahead with eye surgery, is the success rate of the surgeon who will perform the op.

Strange one this... I went for a consultation and was told as my prescription was quite complex, I could have the surgery, but I'd still have to wear glasses.... Eh?

I've also got a member of staff at work who had the surgery, and although his distance vision is great, he now has to wear glasses for close up work...

Personally, I actually enjoy wearing my specs... Maybe I've just grown to love them

By *ibrosMan  over a year ago

harrow

Cost isn't the issue. Any reputable clinic will do a good job. How good depends on the equipment and experience of the technician.

My advice is do your research. You only get one go at this. The other consideration, which money can't buy, is what resources do they have to deal with you if there are complications? You may get farmed off to the local NHS eye dept, simply because they do not have the expertise.

I live in London, where there are any number of practitioners. If I or my family were having this op, I'd select Moorfields, whatever the cost, solely on the basis of my last point.

I had both of mine done but cost a lot more than the prices start from hype. I find this 'depending on your prescription' small print a little daft. They still have to do the same procedure except feed in different cutting depths to match the individuals perscription so I don't know why a different set of numbers fed into the laser computer makes any difference to the amount of operating time, skill or expertise needed to justify hyping up the price. They're still shaving the cornea and opening up a flap in order to do the same work. Aftercare is exactly the same as well.

Had both mine done over three years ago after wearing specs since I was a boy

Astigmatism in both eyes so the cost was £3900

But worth every penny to me xx

» Add a new message to this topic