Certainly puts things into perspective xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Shush watching it on +1

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

dont think i could watch that, would be in tears.

By *aughtyNurse999Woman  over a year ago

Fabville !!!

It sure does i lost a friend that day who perished in Tower 2..

As a nurse we are trained to deal with all events. but no one could ever prepare anyone for anything on that scale of devestation..

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i lost 6 friends on that fateful day... i am really not looking forward to sunday at all.. i know it is going to be really rough for me

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I can't watch this im recording too many things at once and we have bloody hollyoaks on!

By *aughtyNurse999Woman  over a year ago

Fabville !!!

"i lost 6 friends on that fateful day... i am really not looking forward to sunday at all.. i know it is going to be really rough for me"

I know how you feel .. it does not get easier i go to service in town. the local firefighters and 999 personnel along with some of us nurses go to the open service to remember and reflect.. it does not get any easier even after all these years

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Too sad for me these types of programmes.

watching it now

ch4 +1

can never forget it, lost alot of friends and still cant get my head around everything that happened to people there

Gosh so many people on here that knew people killed in the towers.

I didn't know anyone who died on 9/11 - my friend is a NYPD cop and was working that day though

I was a web designer at the time of 9/11 and a client rung me at half past two in the afternoon yelling at me to turn his website off (he was a financial anylyst who's clients bought and sold foreign currency on his recommendations.)

I asked him what was going on and he yelled, "haven't you seen the fucking news today!!"

"No, what's happened?", as I turned on the TV and watched a plane hit the North Tower.

"wtf is that!!" I asked him.

"That's the SECOND ONE!" he yelled. "The markets are in freefall, turn my fucking site off now!"

Once I gathered my senses I did as he asked, then I sat there glued to the TV watching the events unfold. Niether of the Towers had fallen by then.

I remembered I had another customer in the City so I tried to ring her. Couldn't get through, the lines were frantic so I stayed watching the TV thinking if she needed her site taken down she'd ring me. She didn't. Then the South Tower fell and the feeling in the pit of my stomach was something I never want to feel again. I rang her number and she answered. "Michelle, I know it's a bad time but what do you want me to do?"

She said, "I'm sorry, I can't talk, I've just lost 20 friends."

She hung up.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Watching this programme tonight, made me think that for all my problems, or those in this country or elsewhere today, they are nothing in comparison to what everyone went through that fateful day in NYC.

The way people pulled together, against overwhelming odds, somehow restores your faith in humanity and how much we all rely on all those Emergency Services personnel across the world.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"i lost 6 friends on that fateful day... i am really not looking forward to sunday at all.. i know it is going to be really rough for me"

hugs, and if you want to chat ...xxxxxxxx

Watching Seconds from Disaster on National Geographic. 10 years on and still stories unfolding. There was a programme from the childrens _iewpoint the other day: heartbreaking.

Can't believe it's 10 years since that truly awful day.

» Add a new message to this topic