regrets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

do you have any regrets from life or do u run by the "no regrets"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

No... I have a great life, a few up and downs but they have made be a better person for them. I have worked hard, reaped the benefits and consider myself very lucky. I have tried to treat people I know with respect & kindness and on the whole have been shown the same in return.

So life is good, life is happy and I hope for people less so through starvation and illness, a change of fortune. xx

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

No regrets, just lessons learnt.

I've been through bad places, and I've always come out the other side, not necessarily smiling, but knowing myself and others better as a result.

If I hadn't made the choices I've made in the past, I wouldn't be who I am now, and I quite like her!!

thats how i feel

life is too shorts of regrets its just a lession learnt x

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

I have a few regrets from my earlier years- ie not keeping in touch with friends , grabbing opportunities when they presented themselves through lack of self confidence.

Currently I live on the "lifes what you make of it " philosophy so plan on no further regrets in future.

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

No regrets here,as it has been said it lessons learnt. I live by the rule of treating others as I wish to be treated and so far has served me well. xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've got heaps of them... many that haunt me everyday for the rest of my life.....

After-all regrets are not only about thing you did !!.... they are also about things you never did ....

Many of my regret relate to missed oppertunities in situations that can never come around again..... so yep I have many regrets!!

"I've got heaps of them... many that haunt me everyday for the rest of my life.....

After-all regrets are not only about thing you did !!.... they are also about things you never did ....

Many of my regret relate to missed oppertunities in situations that can never come around again..... so yep I have many regrets!! "

can you move on from it Soxy, or does it haunt you with the what if factor?

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

By *nnesteveCouple  over a year ago

wigan

why regret what you cant possibly change, move on get on with it and live your life to the fullest

[Removed by poster at 04/09/11 09:54:45]

"I've got heaps of them... many that haunt me everyday for the rest of my life.....

Many of my regret relate to missed oppertunities in situations that can never come around again..... so yep I have many regrets!!

can you move on from it Soxy, or does it haunt you with the what if factor?"

I guess the cruel torture is that we can’t change the past.. so when people who’ve became lost in the past, but who are so dearly missed in the present will always be ghosts that visit every day…

can you move on from it Soxy, or does it haunt you with the what if factor?

I guess the cruel torture is that we can’t change the past.. so when people who’ve became lost in the past, but who are so dearly missed in the present will always be ghosts that visit every day…"

Thats so true x

As the song goes: Regrets, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention...

Yup, I have a couple of regrets of things I did, they are part of my past and my life.

One was unavoidable; the other I could have avoided and have learnt from my mistake.

"As the song goes: Regrets, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention...

Yup, I have a couple of regrets of things I did, they are part of my past and my life.

One was unavoidable; the other I could have avoided and have learnt from my mistake.

"

it was that blooming song that made me think and aided with wine lol

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

"

I guess the cruel torture is that we can’t change the past.. so when people who’ve became lost in the past, but who are so dearly missed in the present will always be ghosts that visit every day…"

So true.... I miss my dad soooo much...my one big regret is that I never went on holiday with him once I'd become an adult, and I know we would have enjoyed it so much (where is the tearful emoticom???)

The only regrets that you should have are about things that ya haven't done xx

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"The only regrets that you should have are about things that ya haven't done xx "

I am have no regret and never will for a rock hard erect penis being plunged in my virgin ass...

"The only regrets that you should have are about things that ya haven't done xx

I am have no regret and never will for a rock hard erect penis being plunged in my virgin ass...

"

Xxx

only regret is not going to chams sooner xx

"do you have any regrets from life or do u run by the "no regrets"

"

I have none.. I believe everything happens for a reason... Even the bad things... Yes some things were a bad choice but some of them lead to wonderful things like my kids...

I can't regret anything as I'm now happier than I have ever been... And I think everything led to this..

Cali

"only regret is not going to chams sooner xx "

You are making up for it now, so all is good, right?

Regrets, yeah of course, and I think if we're honest we all have regrets, it's how we go about them that make the difference, do we dwell on them and therefore see them as regrets or do we learn from them and consider them a lesson.

I have none.. I believe everything happens for a reason... Even the bad things... Yes some things were a bad choice but some of them lead to wonderful things like my kids...

I can't regret anything as I'm now happier than I have ever been... And I think everything led to this..

Cali "

Yes everything happens for a reason…… but all too often bad things which happen are caused by the action or inaction’s of people who won't be effected by the negative impact of those reasons ...

Leaving the people who are effected with no ability to find consolation in the theory which advocates everything happens for a reason …

Kids dying of hunger or being abused or suffering from disability,,,,, whats the reason that needs to happen

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

i only have one regret..... not leaving my bully of an ex husband sooner.... but i have got a beautiful daughter who life is my best friend and we are getting our life back on track again after a few ups and downs....... i too am getting back a life again and enjoying it as well

I regret having wasted my time going out with very boring men whom i met on a dating site, before i knew about this site, and what some interesting men i could meet.

Having been with the same guy since our schooldays, I have no regrets in life at all. There may have been things I would have done slightly differently but regrets? no definately not x

By *edhotminxWoman  over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

I have no regrets, as my life choices have made me who I am today and I'm happy. There are some things that I wish I could have handled better, but they were lessons learnt and a realisation that you have to let go of some things to move on.

Not religious but I heard the following on the Radio and think it is very apt.

The Dalai Lama was once asked what surprised him the most in life and his response was man, “because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then he dies having never really lived."

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

None...i used to,now i realise everything that happened has combined to make me who i am today

There are a few things which, in hindsight, I wish I hadn't done but there is always a positive to come out of each and every fuckup, ie a lesson learned - sometimes a hard lesson, but a lesson learned nontheless.

That is the problem of being an Aries -open your gob first then think about it later .... toooooo late, damage done

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I have had many regrets... feckin' loads of them:

Stabbing myself in the leg.

Giving people second chances when in the pit of my stomach I just know I shouldn’t.

That last drink.

Recipe experiments.

Leaving things where I just know they’ll get broken.

Not telling a few people to fuck off sooner.

When did I ever think I was gonna wear that!

Giving too much trust.

Not giving enough trust.

Standing in the wrong place.

Not having a baseball bat handy.

Saying ‘yes’.

Saying ‘no’.

Not making a call.

Making a call.

Letting go of the wardrobe door.

The list goes on…. but the important word is “had” rather than “have”. My regrets last anywhere between 5 seconds and 24hrs, after that they all become learning experiences for the future. I guess as I am constantly looking for things to do next, I don’t find it productive to spend time looking back at the things I can’t change….. what’s done is done, it’s what we do next which counts.

I am very much attracted to people who live in the now and look at all the things they can do…. even if the ‘can do’ is ‘I can do nothing today and enjoy it’.

I find people who fill their life with old regrets and ‘if only’ just as energy sapping as those who blame everyone from their past for having a shit life now… the boss who screwed them over, the parents who didn’t understand, the ex who was a bastard… sucking sympathy from any passing sap.

Life really is too short to fill it with crap and just hope it gets better somehow on it's own. Your life really is what ‘you’ make it. One of the most outstanding examples of this outlook I have seen lately is Mandy Sellars (Extraordinary People – The Woman With Giant Legs) . Possibly the only person in the world with her exact condition, so if ever there was a case for someone to feel sorry for themselves and say “why me”…. instead she has a fucking amazing attitude to life. If only more people took a leaf out of her book.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

spot on re Mandy Sellars....

a true inspiration.

Great post Polo!

I believe in looking back in fondness, while look at the future with optimism, and live now as there is no tomorrow.

I live a life that has a philosophy of responsibility fer choices made at its core...its true freedom, I`m anything but a victim..

I`m with Soxy..I have regrets....re;.. inaction..

Think as human beings, we all have regrets but cant change anything so why carry all that baggage round with you. leave it in the past where it belongs

I have a few regrets, but i know i cant change them and wondering what life would be like 'what if' is just a waste of the life that is.

Yesterday is history, tommorrow a mystery but today is gift. Thats why its called the present.

(Stolen graciously from Kung Fu Panda)

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

regrets ive had a few,

but then again too few to mention..

Edith Piaf, she had no regrets, she said so in this very song:

Non, Je ne regrette rien.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Kvu6Kgp88

Class

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

"

Damn ight 'no regrets'...whats the point in regretting the best decision you chose to make at the time...live by it and move on.

By *arkstaffsMan  over a year ago

Rugeley

Nothing in life is wasted. All experiences, good or bad can be learned from. I've had many times when I've looked back on something and wished I'd taken a different route, but hindsight is great after the event. We do what we think is right at the time and if that proves to be so then great but if not then put it down to another experience and learn from it.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I live a life that has a philosophy of responsibility fer choices made at its core...its true freedom, I`m anything but a victim..

I`m with Soxy..I have regrets....re;.. inaction.."

I like your philosophy

By *ex.IncCouple  over a year ago

Castleford

Ive had a few, too few to mention

I would imagine everyone has some regrets

I spent 15 years married to a man i never loved, yeah i regret wasting those years in a loveless marrage but then if i hadnt married him i wouldnt have my kids

So for every down side theres a up side if you look for it

» Add a new message to this topic