FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Royal Tournament

Royal Tournament

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Omg...okay I was thinking about other things that I enjoyed with my parents... and went to the Royal Tournament at Earls court EVERY year.. till it was stopped in 1999...

but was just googling for old shows of it and see its actually on this year..

Is this the first time its back..?? I am booking my tickets on Monday lol..

Wow... so good to see it back..

When I was 5 I think they had lion dancers from china and I was picked to have the lions head put on me..

Anyone else used to go??? or will be going..

Wow.. I am actually really excited.. lol

and for ladies that are thinking what.. just think about hundreds of men in uniform..

but wow I remember being able to go and look at all the exhibits they would have outside the main arena.. and of course the field gun run..

Cali

Cali

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

I loved the Royal Tournament. My daughters were cadets and actually took part on several occasions - mainly in Field Gun and also as drummers / buglers in a band. We were able to go backstage because of that and it was an amazing sight ... all the servicemen from various countries; Russian sailors selling medals and trinkets to raise money, cavalry riding huge horses, amazing, colourful uniforms - it was all just breathtaking. I didn't realise it was coming back - yayy!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My dad took me and my brothers when i was four..When they fired the cannons at the end of the obstacle course we had to leave. My dad,my brothers and one screaming hysterical 4 year old

yes just google it.. 2nd, 3rd and 4th of December..

I am really excited..

Cali

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

"My dad took me and my brothers when i was four..When they fired the cannons at the end of the obstacle course we had to leave. My dad,my brothers and one screaming hysterical 4 year old"

The only way my youngest could watch it was wearing ear defenders. She was only about 4 years old - we'd sit down and as soon as the big doors opened, she'd get her dad's bright orange ear defenders out of her ruck-sack and put them on, much to the amusement of the people around us

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I vaugely remember going with my school what must some 45+ years ago we went by steam train from Wimborne and I could remember the station we returned from which turned out to be Kensington Olympia and I have vauge memories of being inside Earls Court at the show, but I don`t recall anything else.

Whilst talking about these military shows, last year I went to Edinburgh and was so dissappointed to see where the Military Tattoo is held. I expected it to be held in a barracks square or something similar to that, not the turning space/car park outside the main gate!

I have just realised it was back last year.. not sure how I missed that.. but going to hop down for the day on the train.. as kids love the train journey.. Or I could drive to my dads and leave the car there.. as its not far from my Dads on the tube..

I feel like a little kid.. I am so excited about it..

Showed my little lad and he was all wow..

Cali

» Add a new message to this topic