FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > is it so hard to acknowledge somebody talking to you in a room

is it so hard to acknowledge somebody talking to you in a room

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

it seems that people now days have lost the ability to be curtious and i dont understand why...

i try to strat a conversation in chat rooms and there will just be no response at all i just think its damned rude.

come on ppl if you dont want ppl chattin to u or pmin u dont go on chat.

ok rant over happy swinging

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Maybe they are already in PM with someone so can't read all screens at once

By *iz78Woman  over a year ago

wirral

get ya tits out isnt really a convo starter

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I myself go in the chat room, not very often, but I just can't get my head around it.

Scares the life out of me as I can't seem to figure it out.

So apologies if I have ignored you!

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

It's Friday Innit? Thursday's for whineing.

Unfortunately it happens, especially if you are attempting to talk to the more popular people in a chatroom.

They will not only be chatting in the room but in PM and mail too.

Suggest you go into the chatrooms when they are quieter or the less populated chatrooms, you may stand more of a chance then xx

"it seems that people now days have lost the ability to be curtious and i dont understand why...

i try to strat a conversation in chat rooms and there will just be no response at all i just think its damned rude.

"

There are rude people everywhere so there are bound to be some who swing. Ignore and move on to people who are worth your time.

Well I've only been in chat a few times, always say hi, but to be honest, it goes that bloody fast that I wouldn't know if anyone responded to me anyway

Can't say I'm interested in women feeling themslves up or guys tossing off on cam, so I'll stick to the forums.

You can have a better conversation here too, at least you know who is saying what, and who they're saying it to

I have never been into chat and doubt i ever will.Scares the beejeebas out of me

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

Well... You shouldn't be PM'ing unless you have asked! Nothing more annoying than typing in chat only to look up and find it has gone into a PM window that has opened! It is also against the rules, I believe. (But I stand to be corrected!)

As for no one chatting to you? Well, that is not just you it is almost everyone who is not on cam! People are in chat for their own reasons. They may want to chat to friends, they may want to sit and watch to get a “feel” for it. Just because they are there, they aren’t at YOUR beck and call! Or are you the guy who walks into the pub and just joins in private conversations?

Best advise I can give is to go in, look to see what is happening and find an opening! Look for a conversation that looks like it would welcome comments and jump in. If it don’t happen the first time, plug away! BUT.. moaning will get you nowhere and just make you look like a errr… moaner?

I chat alot but do my best to say hi to everyone. You can't have conversations with everyone however if the person your trying to chat to is on cam she will already have everybody typing at her lol. Be polite and you have way more chance of chatting to ladies xx

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I will close a private chat window, if the person hasn't asked in public if I mind private chatting.

That is courteous, however, I am rarely, if ever asked first, so I close windows without a response.

every 1 gets it

its part of the chat site

if you keep posting regularly etc, then you be fine.

I usually go in when it least quiet rather when its busy and start a convo that way

enjoy the site takes time to no folk and be Patience

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

I changed my settings in chat to only get pm's from the people on my friends list. The reason for this is because of uninvited pm's. It sickens me at times the way people speak to others in chat, especially the ladies on cam.. like they are performing seals or something. Altho at the same time it does make it clear as to why half of the single guys get no meets at all.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

"it seems that people now days have lost the ability to be curtious and i dont understand why...

"

That is fine in theory but sometimes I go into chat to see one particular person on cam and they me. Sadly there isnt a privacy feature here . I dont want to give out my private msn before I get to see someone and chat a while. We can go in a quiet room but as soon as you discovered on cam loads of men com in and want to chat. better that they saw two people trying to chat in private that they actually left room . well that is my thinking on it anyway.

"...i try to strat a conversation in chat rooms and there will just be no response at all i just think its damned rude.

come on ppl if you dont want ppl chattin to u or pmin u dont go on chat. "

As others have said, people use chat for their own reasons, e.g. keeping up with old friends, and they may not always want to make new friends. Also, no-one is obliged to accept pms, many have pms turned off or set to 'friends only', and it's discourteous to pm someone without asking permission first.

This said, there are several people in General Chat who like to welcome newcomers into their conversations. The trick is, when you join the room, don't just say "hi", (you could be half-way through a conversation for all we know).... say "hi all" or "hi room" - this signals that you've just arrived and are feeling friendly, and at least a few people (who aren't in the middle of a convo) will say "hi" back.

Another few tips are:-

~ don't just try to talk to the ladies who are on cam.... chances are they are already in several conversations

~ always include the name of the person you're hoping to talk with in your message

~ more people will talk with you if you have a webcam on (face/chest for preference) but paradoxically most people won't actually watch your cam LOL

~ before trying to start a conversation with someone, have a quick read of their profile - this will help you get a 'feel' for the person, and prevent you asking the tedious questions that are already covered in most profiles ("where do you live", "how old are you", "what are you looking for" etc)

Good luck and happy chatting! x

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I'm going to get slaughtered for this, I know...

If OP is how you type with a spell checker, the opportunity to proof read, and no time pressure, then there's a decent chance that your chat posts make as much sense as a lobotomised gibbon typing with its elbows.

Which would tend to inhibit the response possibilities.

No, spelling doesn't affect your shagging abilities. But why take the chance?

"get ya tits out isnt really a convo starter "

can see u started already...mmm tho hehe

I love the chatrooms. I go from room to room and speak to loads of people. Just be friendly and not too forceful or instructive (says me ) and u will get along just fine

By *unPeteMan  over a year ago

Near Bristol

I think it's because the chat can be so fast, your message can be missed. Some people must get inundated with PMs too so it's impossible to keep up.

I only use the chat so I can PM friends when they're online, just chit-chat, it saves email ping-pong. Used email and mobile for more important stiff.

some people are just shit at chat....sorry but its the sheer truth lol

Don't worry be happy xx

Thing is lots of guys will go in the chat room and think everyone who says hi wants a shag so people tend not to chat unless they are interested in the person

your better off in general chat people are more open to talking to anyone in there

» Add a new message to this topic