FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fibromyalgia...

Fibromyalgia...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ifferent69 OP   Man  over a year ago

BRIGHTON, UK

Forgive if spelling is not correct..

Any sufferers..?

Is it a recognized disability ?

Can it simply be confused with just get old?

Symptoms ?

I have my suspicions should I ignore it or seek advise.?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is a collection of physical symptoms with no biological cause. Thought to be psychological. Can lead to being classed as having a disabling effect on sufferers if severe. Along similar lines as ME and other chronic fatigue disorders.

Lots of helpful advice on the internet for alleviating physical symptoms and good medical health professionals will investigate any underlying mental health issues as a probable cause

BRIGHTON, UK

"Is a collection of physical symptoms with no biological cause. Thought to be psychological. Can lead to being classed as having a disabling effect on sufferers if severe. Along similar lines as ME and other chronic fatigue disorders.

Lots of helpful advice on the internet for alleviating physical symptoms and good medical health professionals will investigate any underlying mental health issues as a probable cause "

. Thanks for early reply....yes already googled it. Noticed that antidepressants and muscle relaxants a treatment .Reluctantant to go down that route... Just not sure I,m not purely mistaken symptoms as simply the ageing process,ware n tear.. Or just being a flake..

I’d suggest getting a full blood test to rule out things like anaemia etc, make sure you’re getting lots of vitamins in your diet and try and get fresh air and exercise every day.

Could simply be getting older but that doesn’t mean you can’t put the effort in and get back to feeling better

I have this, and all I would advise is that you're careful with what meds you take.

Doctors have a tendency to just try to over medicate people with Fibro.

I've recently completed a pain management course, and found it very helpful...and have reduced my meds by ½.

I suffer quite severely but still work full time, so if you manage it well enough then you can still have quite a fulfilling life and not give up too much.

By *rjimMan  over a year ago

nr bristol

Try a good chiropractor.

Look up johnbchiro on You tube...very very well researched and ahead of his time.

Trust me......

Be wary of just googling diseases and symptoms, Internet will make you believe your skins gonna turn inside out.

Of course you can chose to not listen to me or anyone else on the other hand.

My mother suffers with fibromyalgia and it took her years of what I'd call misdiagnosis probably because med professionals were just treating the symptoms rather than looking at the cause. I'd say second opinions help in this case, just because someone is a doctor doesn't mean they're 'correct' as such, that helped me in my own health problems when I was going through the process of discovery. There's not a one size fits all way to fix your problems everyone with fibromyalgia for instance will know that between themselves.

...to add be persistent and stick with it. Don't become disillusioned, there's the right thing for us all out there you just have to go get it or stumble over it in some cases.

BRIGHTON, UK

"I have this, and all I would advise is that you're careful with what meds you take.

Doctors have a tendency to just try to over medicate people with Fibro.

I've recently completed a pain management course, and found it very helpful...and have reduced my meds by ½.

I suffer quite severely but still work full time, so if you manage it well enough then you can still have quite a fulfilling life and not give up too much."

BRIGHTON, UK

"Be wary of just googling diseases and symptoms, Internet will make you believe your skins gonna turn inside out.

Of course you can chose to not listen to me or anyone else on the other hand.

My mother suffers with fibromyalgia and it took her years of what I'd call misdiagnosis probably because med professionals were just treating the symptoms rather than looking at the cause. I'd say second opinions help in this case, just because someone is a doctor doesn't mean they're 'correct' as such, that helped me in my own health problems when I was going through the process of discovery. There's not a one size fits all way to fix your problems everyone with fibromyalgia for instance will know that between themselves. "

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

my neighbour has it she has good days and bad also the council have made outside her own parking spot

By *ndonmaleMan  over a year ago

Preston

My wife has this and has done for a few years now. Recently tried CBD oil and has certainly helped.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’m being referred to GP by my podiatrist as she says I have all the symptoms. Chronic fatigue, joint and muscle pain and swelling of feet.

I feel ‘old’ but podiatrist said I shouldn’t feel like this and it wasn’t just my age. She at least made me feel a bit better.

By *carlet_heavenWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in the sticks

I was diagnosed with ME & only later did I realised I'd been experiencing fibromyalgia which was very painful.

I'm not one to rest on my laurels so I did some research & realised that I personally had three causes:

a) people that start greying in their 20s tend to have less collagen in their tendons, leading to less elasticity & pain in joints & inflamed tendons

b) my level of stress & anxiety caused me to be tense all of the time & this caused pain & inflammation in joints & muscles

c) I'd had a sedentary job & anti-depressants for my ME caused muscle breakdown, so my core muscles were weak…good core muscles help take the burden off your joints & tendons

I had no joy with my GP so I decided to change my lifestyle completely bcos I was really in pain & felt very miserable.

I cut out sugar, dairy, gluten & all processed food from my diet & started to exercise (lightly at first) & at the same time strengthen my core muscles.

I also took homeopathic remedies for the pain & collagen tablets. After a few days I felt an improvement & after 2-3 months I was almost symptom free.

I've stayed on a gluten-free healthy diet & do a lot of walking & core strengthening daily (but definitely don't go to a gym) & now I don't need any supplements or medication & still pain free.

I think its dangerous to diagnose this as a mental health problem bcos the symptoms are very physical & mine at least did have a biological basis, it seems.

If in doubt, don't rely just on the medical profession, listen to what your body is telling you & do your own research

By *eadySteadyCockCouple  over a year ago

Tredegar

Yes I suffer with it Day in day out, it’s a bitch to live with!

By *tep121Man  over a year ago

manchester

My mum suffers with it. Has done for a number of years now.. her job didn't help as she was a nursery nurse so was forever picking kids up.

She isn't on medication for it, but what helps her is acupuncture, and exercise. There's no cure for it sadly, but exercise helps.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/09/lady-gagas-illness-is-not-a-metaphor/540369/

Lady Gaga suffers I watched Gaga five foot two

Was sad to see the pain she suffers with Fibromyalgia. I have a friend that suffers very badly in awful pain he is very depressed.

Like all these auto immune conditions impossible to find causes or cures. One learns to manage it only.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Mine may be caused by polypropylene mesh which I have for a prolapse repair 12 years ago. Many other women with mesh also have auto immune disease. I shall wait and see what the GP has to say.

By *andom2chatMan  over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

Bumping for reference.

There have been studies from 2013 and even a more recent one dated this year that state the cause of Fibromyalgia is quite literally in the palm of your hand.

To those that suffer who have believed it is all psychological, it is not. Scientists from Intidyn, and Albany Medical College, have found that people suffering with fibro have a larger number of nerve endings surrounding blood vessel bridges in the skin.

Hopefully, this discovery can be helpful in the diagnosis and effective treatment of the condition in the near future.

By *issminxandmrcCouple  over a year ago

Rotherham

"I was diagnosed with ME & only later did I realised I'd been experiencing fibromyalgia which was very painful.

I'm not one to rest on my laurels so I did some research & realised that I personally had three causes:

a) people that start greying in their 20s tend to have less collagen in their tendons, leading to less elasticity & pain in joints & inflamed tendons

b) my level of stress & anxiety caused me to be tense all of the time & this caused pain & inflammation in joints & muscles

c) I'd had a sedentary job & anti-depressants for my ME caused muscle breakdown, so my core muscles were weak…good core muscles help take the burden off your joints & tendons

I had no joy with my GP so I decided to change my lifestyle completely bcos I was really in pain & felt very miserable.

I cut out sugar, dairy, gluten & all processed food from my diet & started to exercise (lightly at first) & at the same time strengthen my core muscles.

I also took homeopathic remedies for the pain & collagen tablets. After a few days I felt an improvement & after 2-3 months I was almost symptom free.

I've stayed on a gluten-free healthy diet & do a lot of walking & core strengthening daily (but definitely don't go to a gym) & now I don't need any supplements or medication & still pain free.

I think its dangerous to diagnose this as a mental health problem bcos the symptoms are very physical & mine at least did have a biological basis, it seems.

If in doubt, don't rely just on the medical profession, listen to what your body is telling you & do your own research

"

THIS is fantastic seriously is...and certainly "worth a try" xTYVM

» Add a new message to this topic