FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > New car

New car

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *indmill and weetabix OP   Couple  over a year ago

Kettering

Louise and our youngest child became the meat in a lorry sandwich yesterday writing off our Focus c max.

Would like some recommendations on a replacement need petrol as only do low miles in the week, auto due to louises disability and either a raised hight or easy entry.

Budget will be around 3000 unless any used car salesmen do special rates for swingers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I suggest considering Volvo if occupant safety comfort and reliability is of paramount importance

By *indmill and weetabix OP   Couple  over a year ago

Kettering

Volvo would be lovely but xc90 Is a bit rich for me

"Volvo would be lovely but xc90 Is a bit rich for me "

I drive a 1 previous owner V70 D5 6 speed diesel estate it can get 50 mpg ...

Never had any maintenance other than servicing in the years I've owned it ...

It's resale valuation is considerably below your budget....

Great car to own and drive and pity on any vehicle that would dare challenge it in impact conditions ....

Land Rover Discovery 1 V8 with HD bumpers and tree sliders.An XC90 ran into mine on a roundabout,wrote the Volvo off whilst my Land Rover was hardly damaged,only needed a tree slider straightening

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

My parents have a skoda yeti. Ride height and entry is perfect for my mum who is disabled with MS. It's also an auto so that my sister can drive her around if dad is busy.

No idea how much a used yeti costs though.

For safety I'd go with the old CVRT range of army tracked vehicles, Sultan was my favourite.......solid and very nippy, could get 50mph .

Sure there's plenty of second hand ones, green and black, though a tin of paint from any good retailer will soon sort that out.

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"My parents have a skoda yeti. Ride height and entry is perfect for my mum who is disabled with MS. It's also an auto so that my sister can drive her around if dad is busy.

No idea how much a used yeti costs though."

As velma says our mum needs a higher height car for easy entry and the yeti is perfect. She really struggles to get in an out of a lower car. No idea how much they are to buy a used one.

If the disabled person receives the mobility component of pip/dla it may be worth asking about the motability scheme. My mum gets the car through this and everything is taken care of, all we have to do is put the fuel in it. The upfront payment on a yeti was only £99 when we got ours last year.

I have driven a few automatics and the yeti is by far the best. The worst was a Peugeot 3008, the last motability car we had.

The ford focus I had was a good car but too low for mum. The Mercedes A140 was awful - dodgy gearbox and prone to transmission issues.

My current car is a chevrolet tacuma. It was cheap and is reliable but does guzzle fuel.

» Add a new message to this topic