FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Time wasters and fake profiles

Time wasters and fake profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uciyass OP   Man  over a year ago

sheffield

Morning Fabsters. Below is an email I’ve sent to fabswingers regarding all the time wasters on here that I am sure most of you have encountered on a weekly if not daily basis. What are your thoughts or even better copy and paste the message and send to admin via the contact form. Xxxx

Good morning. I don’t know if you can do anything about this issue that many are having on here but it relates to time wasters and fake profiles. Ive had many contacts must be in 100s now of people I chat to either arranging a meet as they indicate they are interested. I always spend time chatting before I meet and the minute I say yes and request a location I’m either blocked or their profile is deleted also I’ve been given a location got ready and gone to it and. Also given my address and no one shows and again blocked or deleted profile. Also those members that have no profile photos wanting to chat.

Is thier no way that every person joining here and fabswingers miust be photo verified to use site. I know the genuine people would have no problem.

It is so frustrating to us genuine people who want to have genuine fun

Thank you

John

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't think your allowed to copy and paste private communications with admin or others site members here on forums...

sheffield

"I don't think your allowed to copy and paste private communications with admin or others site members here on forums... "

Well I did and can’t see harm in it. Its a general communication to admin with no liable remarks and I’m sure I’m not breaking any confidentiality clauses when I signed my contract with Fab. What they going to do delete me because I speak the truth xx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Timewasters have pens and bits of paper too that they can hold up in a picture. The picture verification process does nothing to out anyone.

evesham

You can block people with no photos fro. Messaging you (or simply not engage with them when they don't message you).

I feel I must be doing something wrong as in all of my years on here I've encountered possibly 3 'timewasters'

[Removed by poster at 27/09/17 07:54:40]

In my opinion the site is full of them timewasters that is.

sheffield

"You can block people with no photos fro. Messaging you (or simply not engage with them when they don't message you).

I feel I must be doing something wrong as in all of my years on here I've encountered possibly 3 'timewasters' "

Yes you can do all that I agree but that allows them then to go and do it to the next person. Some people on here have arranged to meet travel to. False address and it can knock some people’s confidence or even worse what if they were attacked. I know you’ll say meet in a public place first etc or get verified by either phoning . Ive just read another post in forum where a woman drove for nearly 2 hours to meet someone at a false address and it has totally knocked her. It would be much better if fab could out the timewasters and trolls before it happens I’ve found that many who message me are not photo verified and I am so careful. I mainly meet my friends on here and use site to strike up friendship with others. Xxxxx

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

Discussing private emails on the forum.. regardless of if it's to admin or another member will get you a ban.

the site provide the tools for you to meet others thats all they do.. after that its down to you no one else its not admins problem if a meet goes wrong its only admins prob if some one does something wrong on the site ..not off the site ..when it comes to meets the only people that are responsible for the meet are the ones that organised it no one else .... self safety is common sense and even that can turn out wrong, but at the end of the day we are all responsible for our selves and admin is responsible for what happens on the site and nothing else

sheffield

"Discussing private emails on the forum.. regardless of if it's to admin or another member will get you a ban."

So discussing a message I sent to admin regarding an issue most users are encountering on this site will get me a ban. Doesn’t sound the fairest system It’s a conversation regarding issues safety risks and improvements to the site once I don’t single out or mention profile names with insinuating remarks how am I breaking any rules. This is a discussion platform where we can openingly discuss issues or whatever we want xx

"Discussing private emails on the forum.. regardless of if it's to admin or another member will get you a ban.

So discussing a message I sent to admin regarding an issue most users are encountering on this site will get me a ban. Doesn’t sound the fairest system It’s a conversation regarding issues safety risks and improvements to the site once I don’t single out or mention profile names with insinuating remarks how am I breaking any rules. This is a discussion platform where we can openingly discuss issues or whatever we want xx"

"Discussing private emails on the forum.. regardless of if it's to admin or another member will get you a ban.

So discussing a message I sent to admin regarding an issue most users are encountering on this site will get me a ban. Doesn’t sound the fairest system It’s a conversation regarding issues safety risks and improvements to the site once I don’t single out or mention profile names with insinuating remarks how am I breaking any rules. This is a discussion platform where we can openingly discuss issues or whatever we want xx"

My thread has been closed by admin sadly

Regardless of how we feel as individuals we consent to familiarising and abiding by the site rules....

The logic of the rul is simple ,,,,

Using forums to publically air a grievance only provides one side of a story ,...

Good Morning all

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

Do you think your the only one to raise this subject? It's done on a weekly basis. Yes it's annoying.. but The site provides tools for YOU to deal with this... don't worry about others.

By *rallvalCouple  over a year ago

Dunfermline

The photo verified thing comes up regularly, it does not help.

We have been on here since the site started and never been photo verified.

We also see people appear, be photo verified and verified by others within a day or two and then they UNLOS within the week.

You just develop a feeling for time wasters. We have spoken to a few and once arranged a meet where 'they' didn't appear but we still had a nice day out.

Our rules are simple: chat and or video chat with all parties present, arrange a social first and then meet. If they have been verified by friends then they bypass the checks.

A lot of people suddenly have webcam issues when we ask and we walk away. Some refuse to meet socially so we decline.

I am amazed at stories of people who travel hundreds of miles and spend cash on posh hotels for a meet that turns out to be time wasters.

sheffield

"Regardless of how we feel as individuals we consent to familiarising and abiding by the site rules....

Using forums to publically air a grievance only provides one side of a story ,...

"

But by using the forum it allows others to air thier grievance and discuss further No One is being targeted other than a general discussion. I see on another post in the lounge the discussion has been closed by the moderator yet the type of hairy lady parts is still open. What’s more important ? I’m all for freedom of speech and abiding by rules etc and agree we all have to be careful online but thier are some who abuse the system they always will but if we could just try to stop as many causing so much hassle it would help. Can I ask you a question. Have you ever arranged a meet spent an hour getting ready and then found you’ve been conned? Xx

"Regardless of how we feel as individuals we consent to familiarising and abiding by the site rules....

But by using the forum it allows others to air thier grievance and discuss further No One is being targeted other than a general discussion. I see on another post in the lounge the discussion has been closed by the moderator yet the type of hairy lady parts is still open. What’s more important ? I’m all for freedom of speech and abiding by rules etc and agree we all have to be careful online but thier are some who abuse the system they always will but if we could just try to stop as many causing so much hassle it would help. Can I ask you a question. Have you ever arranged a meet spent an hour getting ready and then found you’ve been conned? Xx"

I've been a successfully active member of this site since it first started and no I have not been a victim of timewasters ....

So I'll maintain my opinion based on experience and continue to respect the impartiality of the site rules which are created to give equal fairness and protection to all members

evesham

To be fair the whole private mail thing I think relates to posting messages you have received not that you have sent. You can't post messages received from someone else as you don't have their consent to do so.

I don't think this topic needed a copy of the mail sent though as it's a fairly common gripe that people are all too familiar with.

All sites where people meet other people will have an element of those who make arrangements and never turn up. They like the thrill of the chase. I know people on site where you pay much more than here and it still happens on there

sheffield

"The photo verified thing comes up regularly, it does not help.

We have been on here since the site started and never been photo verified.

We also see people appear, be photo verified and verified by others within a day or two and then they UNLOS within the week.

You just develop a feeling for time wasters. We have spoken to a few and once arranged a meet where 'they' didn't appear but we still had a nice day out.

Our rules are simple: chat and or video chat with all parties present, arrange a social first and then meet. If they have been verified by friends then they bypass the checks.

A lot of people suddenly have webcam issues when we ask and we walk away. Some refuse to meet socially so we decline.

I am amazed at stories of people who travel hundreds of miles and spend cash on posh hotels for a meet that turns out to be time wasters.

"

I agree with everything you say and I now carry out similar checks. Ive been using another site for years and have only encountered this problem recently . Thank you for taking the time to add to the post xx

sheffield

Thank you. I’m not having a dig at you im just airing my views I respect everyone’s opinions and I am always open to suggestions as to how sometimes better word or express my feelings but this morning after last night and chatting with friends on here I just felt compelled to say something. TC x

But by using the forum it allows others to air thier grievance and discuss further No One is being targeted other than a general discussion. I see on another post in the lounge the discussion has been closed by the moderator yet the type of hairy lady parts is still open. What’s more important ? I’m all for freedom of speech and abiding by rules etc and agree we all have to be careful online but thier are some who abuse the system they always will but if we could just try to stop as many causing so much hassle it would help. Can I ask you a question. Have you ever arranged a meet spent an hour getting ready and then found you’ve been conned? Xx

I've been a successfully active member of this site since it first started and no I have not been a victim of timewasters ....

So I'll maintain my opinion based on experience and continue to respect the impartiality of the site rules which are created to give equal fairness and protection to all members "

"

So I'll maintain my opinion based on experience and continue to respect the impartiality of the site rules which are created to give equal fairness and protection to all members

Thank you. I’m not having a dig at you im just airing my views I respect everyone’s opinions and I am always open to suggestions as to how sometimes better word or express my feelings but this morning after last night and chatting with friends on here I just felt compelled to say something. TC x

"

You're right to raise your concern .....

There are many things I would change on the site .....

But criticism is better applied in a constructive format rather than via the anecdotal interpretation of a disgruntled individual.....

Forums eh!

sheffield

[Removed by poster at 27/09/17 08:53:16]

sheffield

I know. Find a Soap box stand on it and your open to life and all it hurls at you. I need a bacon and sausage sandwiches after all this and a strong coffee xxx TC

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Admin have said they are not going to make PV compulsory for all. You can block non verified people from contacting you from here

https://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters and the site will work for you the way you want it.

There is also no need to ask people to bombard Admin, they read every suggestion or feedback