FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > "I Can't Get a Meet" - Counter-Rant

"I Can't Get a Meet" - Counter-Rant

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Seriously, NOTHING grinds my gears on Fab more than seeing people - mostly men, but also women, couples, TV and TS - complaining that they 'can't get a meet'...

It's not just the complaint itself that pisses me off, it's the fact that the complainants are - in the vast majority of cases - living in or near towns or cities that are home to hundreds of thousands of people; not to mention any number of swingers clubs, spas, munches etc.

Me?

I'm currently living on a 45 square mile rock lying over 120 miles from the English mainland. There are, to my knowledge, NO local munches, nor are there are any clubs or other venues catering to swingers.

In light of this geographic isolation, I often have to wait several weeks or even months between meets...however, even if BA, FlyBe and EasyJet were to give out discounts to swingers, I still wouldn't be in a position to simply pop into Amour, Angels, Chams, La Chambre, or Rio's on a whim...

So I have this message for the members of the 'I Can't Get a Meet' crowd...

If all you need to do to get to your nearest club or munch is get in your car or buy a bus or train ticket...YOU'VE GOT NO EXCUSE for not attending at least ONE event...

All you need to do is be patient and make the effort to make yourself known in the scene, and eventually, with any luck, you WILL connect with people who share your interests...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My favourite is -

I'm leaving now, this site is crap.

Followed by another similar posting a few weeks later...

If you want to leave, leave.

Don't tell everyone, then just stay. You just look petulant and then start giving it why wont anyone meet me ?

Clue - you are putting people off with your constant ranting.

P.s. sorry, thought this was a rant topic.

"Seriously, NOTHING grinds my gears on Fab more than seeing people - mostly men, but also women, couples, TV and TS - complaining that they 'can't get a meet'...

It's not just the complaint itself that pisses me off, it's the fact that the complainants are - in the vast majority of cases - living in or near towns or cities that are home to hundreds of thousands of people; not to mention any number of swingers clubs, spas, munches etc.

Me?

I'm currently living on a 45 square mile rock lying over 120 miles from the English mainland. There are, to my knowledge, NO local munches, nor are there are any clubs or other venues catering to swingers.

In light of this geographic isolation, I often have to wait several weeks or even months between meets...however, even if BA, FlyBe and EasyJet were to give out discounts to swingers, I still wouldn't be in a position to simply pop into Amour, Angels, Chams, La Chambre, or Rio's on a whim...

If all you need to do to get to your nearest club or munch is get in your car or buy a bus or train ticket...YOU'VE GOT NO EXCUSE for not attending at least ONE event...

All you need to do is be patient and make the effort to make yourself known in the scene, and eventually, with any luck, you WILL connect with people who share your interests..."

I cant agree anymore with this post. It's bang on the ball. I haven't struggled to find a meet and I'm ugly and fat and single. Something these moaners are not. Time patience and effort are all that's required. Don't put it in don't get anything back

"Seriously, NOTHING grinds my gears on Fab more than seeing people - mostly men, but also women, couples, TV and TS - complaining that they 'can't get a meet'...

Me?

All you need to do is be patient and make the effort to make yourself known in the scene, and eventually, with any luck, you WILL connect with people who share your interests..."

I cant agree anymore with this post. It's bang on the ball. I haven't struggled to find a meet and I'm ugly and fat and single. Something these moaners are not. Time patience and effort are all that's required. Don't put it in don't get anything back

By *aelawMan  over a year ago

Paisley

Me?

All you need to do is be patient and make the effort to make yourself known in the scene, and eventually, with any luck, you WILL connect with people who share your interests...

I cant agree anymore with this post. It's bang on the ball. I haven't struggled to find a meet and I'm ugly and fat and single. Something these moaners are not. Time patience and effort are all that's required. Don't put it in don't get anything back"

*nods*

Alas, I doubt it will make any difference. The same circle of the fab forum will continue. Of which there are four general stages....

Stage 1 - Numerous daily messages to state that the site is not "working" (it's magic, didn't you know?)

Stage 2 - Endless hilarious replies to the OP in every case (trust me, I never get bored of the replies)

Stage 3 - Someone posting that they are sick of all the presumptuous guys and their posts (although the OP here puts it brilliantly, I make a motion to bring back a hamlet advert got this topic)

Stage 4 - Loads of people agree, the very next day *return to Stage 1*

Me?

I cant agree anymore with this post. It's bang on the ball. I haven't struggled to find a meet and I'm ugly and fat and single. Something these moaners are not. Time patience and effort are all that's required. Don't put it in don't get anything back"

Couple of things.

1) You claim in your post to be fat but in your profile you say your fit. Out of curiosity which one is it?

2) I think I'm "ok" looking, have a decent personality and I'm respectful towards women when I message them yet probably have about 10% of my messages read and no-one ever replies. Wish to share any tips on how you're so successful on here? I'm sure the vast majority of guys will agree that it's hard to even get a conversation started on here let alone a meet so we'd all love some helpful advice from a FAB stud!

Btw OP, I'm in Manchester and don't frequent any clubs so I guess those who do are the ones who are getting all the action!

Me?

Couple of things.

1) You claim in your post to be fat but in your profile you say your fit. Out of curiosity which one is it?

2) I think I'm "ok" looking, have a decent personality and I'm respectful towards women when I message them yet probably have about 10% of my messages read and no-one ever replies. Wish to share any tips on how you're so successful on here? I'm sure the vast majority of guys will agree that it's hard to even get a conversation started on here let alone a meet so we'd all love some helpful advice from a FAB stud!

Btw OP, I'm in Manchester and don't frequent any clubs so I guess those who do are the ones who are getting all the action! "

1) read my post it says I was told I had a dad bod... I generally assume I am a fit (exercise wise) type of lad.

2) I never claimed I was a fab stud just I don't seem to have a problem setting up a meet. Mainly after a bit of hard work and effort I found a fb and from that I get meets as well...

So if you don't put in the effort you won't reap the rewards.

So happily get back in your box

Paisley

Me?

Couple of things.

Btw OP, I'm in Manchester and don't frequent any clubs so I guess those who do are the ones who are getting all the action!

1) read my post it says I was told I had a dad bod... I generally assume I am a fit (exercise wise) type of lad.

2) I never claimed I was a fab stud just I don't seem to have a problem setting up a meet. Mainly after a bit of hard work and effort I found a fb and from that I get meets as well...

So happily get back in your box "

Wait, they are giving out boxes? Why am I the last to know! I even missed it when they gave out the labels *sigh*

Also after just reading your profile... You don't accom as you live with your mate- most woman will find that sketchy especially as you claim too be recently single... Some woman will see this as you are in a relationship but trying to be descrete as your playing away

You claim.not to put face pics up on your public profile yet you have 2 on there so which is it?

And lastly.. You have nothing about you. What you like. What interests you. What your looking for. Even a brief description of yourself.

Paisley

*tiptoes away*

Me?

Couple of things.

So happily get back in your box

Wait, they are giving out boxes? Why am I the last to know! I even missed it when they gave out the labels *sigh*"

That wasn't for you that was for the other bloke

Me?

Couple of things.

So happily get back in your box "

Your first point makes absolutely no sense if you read it back so really have no idea what you're going on about!

As for your second point... please rear my previous post again and learn what emojis are used for and you'll notice it was tongue in cheek.

I think I'll stay out of my box thanks princess.

"Also after just reading your profile... You don't accom as you live with your mate- most woman will find that sketchy especially as you claim too be recently single... Some woman will see this as you are in a relationship but trying to be descrete as your playing away

You claim.not to put face pics up on your public profile yet you have 2 on there so which is it?

And lastly.. You have nothing about you. What you like. What interests you. What your looking for. Even a brief description of yourself.

"

Firstly, I had a couple of pics that I put public for a short time to see if I got my profile more views. I intended to make them private again afterwards and must have forgot to do that so thanks for the heads up!

As for my profile, I don't write war and peace cos quite frankly it's boring as fuck listening to someone's life story and an endless list of "must haves". I think my profile clearly states I'm looking for someone chilled out for a FWB type arrangement.

And yes I live with a mate... why would anyone construe that as me being married?! Shall I post pic of me and flatmate together or will that make me look like a have a gay lover?

I'd withdraw your application for MI5 if I were you mate...

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Erm what's going on in here then?

And. ......... breath

I disagree with your last point OP, not everyone wants to go to clubs. I can,t meet evenings so clubs are out for me. I also don't want to get the train or bus to a meet all dressed up in my stockings and high heels. I,m looking for local men only. XXX

What really grinda my gears is when people keep copying the original ops points for no reason whatsoever, and the thread is about a mile long with only about 20 replies on it.

Regards the clubs, i agree with the lady above.

Plus not everyone wants the social side of meets, some people just want discretion and sex.

More chance of getting discretion in someones house, than in a free for all club where any number of people you may know might be there.

What's a munch?

My nearest club is Kestrels/AbFabs and it's not an easy place to get to if you don't drive so I do struggle to meet on here

What's does 'no local munches' mean. What's a munch?

As a single guy who is new, actually rejoined, you have to expect to get known and be trusted by the members of this community. That naturally takes time and, in my opinion of course, so it should.

Not sure it's true about clubs, I'm sure plenty don't choose to attend.

I have worked out this indeed a community and you have to find your place in it. It depends what you wanted and what your expectations were when you joined.

"What's does 'no local munches' mean. What's a munch?"

It's a fet thing.... people on the fet scene meet for "munches" which is a informal get together. Same as a group social really but for fet not swingers

By *inkySeeKinkyDoWoman  over a year ago

'tween PontyCarlo & CasVegas in West Yorks

"What's a munch?

My nearest club is Kestrels/AbFabs and it's not an easy place to get to if you don't drive so I do struggle to meet on here "

A munch is a gathering of folk who are into the fetish and BDSM lifestyle...in swinging we call them socials x

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

What if guys don't like going to clubs or have the expendable income to get in?

Some clubs can cost upwards of £100 for a guy to go for the first time.

"What if guys don't like going to clubs or have the expendable income to get in?

Some clubs can cost upwards of £100 for a guy to go for the first time. "

It's a really good point, the cost doesn't make it attractive for a male does it?

"What if guys don't like going to clubs or have the expendable income to get in?

Some clubs can cost upwards of £100 for a guy to go for the first time."

I was aware of this - in fact I've discussed it myself on several threads relating to 'Gender-biased pricing structures'

My point was simply this:

When I lived in Exeter, I had two swingers clubs on my doorstep, and had only to worry about saving up for the entry fee.

Now, if I want to visit a swingers club, I need to worry about NOT ONLY the entry fee, but also factor in the cost of return flights.

Just a litte perspective; that is all.

As for those guys who simply don't like going to clubs, the answer - again - is PATIENCE.

Do you HONESTLY think that coming onto the forums and bemoaning the fact that 'no-one wants to meet you' is REALLY going to make people feel enclined to share the pleasure of your company?

I was aware of this - in fact I've discussed it myself on several threads relating to 'Gender-biased pricing structures'

Do you HONESTLY think that coming onto the forums and bemoaning the fact that 'no-one wants to meet you' is REALLY going to make people feel enclined to share the pleasure of your company?"

We live in hope.

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

Do you HONESTLY think that coming onto the forums and bemoaning the fact that 'no-one wants to meet you' is REALLY going to make people feel enclined to share the pleasure of your company?

We live in hope. "

"A munch is a gathering of folk who are into the fetish and BDSM lifestyle...in swinging we call them socials x"

Apologies for having caused confusion.

Bottom line - You make your own luck on here

Some chaps do well. Some chaps less so. War and Peace is shorter than my profile yet I get messages.

If you aren't happy with Fab, it may not be the site for you. It isn't Instashag after all.

not everyone is into what you are op, I for one would never go to a club.

I've given up worrying what other people rant about.

Some people do put up statuses. Maybe they had a crap day or feel lonely? It doesn't affect me really.

If I'm blunt it's the rather horrendous attitudes in the forum that periodically pop up that concern me, not people's lack of success.

"If you aren't happy with Fab, it may not be the site for you. It isn't Instashag after all"

That was rather my point...

"not everyone is into what you are op, I for one would never go to a club."

Hence why I ALSO mentioned munches and/or socials...

If you don't like going to clubs, look under the meets/events tab and see if there are any group socials advertised in your area...use that as a way of getting to know people?

"not everyone is into what you are op, I for one would never go to a club.

Hence why I ALSO mentioned munches and/or socials...

If you don't like going to clubs, look under the meets/events tab and see if there are any group socials advertised in your area...use that as a way of getting to know people?"

I'd rather not.

By *.gerri.xTV/TS  over a year ago

North west

Just a thought OP.

Will Stirling managed devon to st helier in a 14ft (4.3m) traditionally-built wooden dinghy , he did this with a cracking time of 37.5 hours.

Now after initial costs and making regular journeys , i'm sure this would be more cost effective than flying etc.

Secrets in Totnes looks pretty good on the website.

No need to thank me , i just like helping others

xxx

"Will Stirling managed devon to st helier in a 14ft (4.3m) traditionally-built wooden dinghy , he did this with a cracking time of 37.5 hours.

No need to thank me , i just like helping others"

I have often thought about investing in a Laser Pico...retails at around £2,600...lovely little dinghy...

» Add a new message to this topic