FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Manchester Pusher

The Manchester Pusher

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've recently read online, that the bodies of over sixty young men, over a six year period, have been found in canals in the Manchester area.

The piece went on to say that a serial killer could be targeting young gay men, on their way home from the red light district.

The police maintain that there are no links between any of these unfortunate men.

Is this a case of the media, seeking to sensationalise a series of tragic coincidences (with little thought for the families of the deceased)? Or is there some truth in their claim?

Do the people of Manchester believe something more sinister is going on?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No links between 60 deaths? Does that mean there are 60 seperate serial killers out there

By *abregasMan  over a year ago

Hook

You cannot have 60 deaths and 60 serial killers

By definition they would not be serial

By *typical guyMan  over a year ago

wigan

I think there was a tv program about it. I dont know what evidence there is but it could just be that there are lots of d*unk people and lots of waterways in mcr city centre. It is also more likely to be men that would walk home alone down the canal. The gay village is also centered around canal street so a high potential for accidents involving gay men.

Surely if there was a pusher then there would be at least a few survivors that manage to swim away and report it?

Be interesting to see what evidence there is. I think there would be a public outcry if there was the slightest proof it was real.

I didn't realise that a tv program had been made about it. I always think they do more harm than good, making people worry unnecessarily.

By *typical guyMan  over a year ago

wigan

"I didn't realise that a tv program had been made about it. I always think they do more harm than good, making people worry unnecessarily.

"

I wasn`t 100% sure there was so i had a google and found a few on youtube. This is the one i was thinking of https://youtu.be/5hCA0IRT8rU

Have a look on YouTube for Missing 411. The mysterious disappearances in the American National Parks, almost always near water. I've always wondered might there be a correlation .

By *eedsandyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

They must be accidental, or suicides. If there really were 60 murders in a UK city, then the police would be doing something about it.

I work in mcr. Just thinks it's the local paper trying to increase their sales. Personally I think the story is there is no story.

"They must be accidental, or suicides. If there really were 60 murders in a UK city, then the police would be doing something about it."

The police managed to miss a serial killer in Barking even with the bodies of 2 of the 4 victims being found in the sam location months apart. The key think being tbat non of them loomed like murders

There are a lot of other cities with just as many canals or rivers with nowhere near the same amount of deaths

By *urchoicenowCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

There has been talk of the "pusher" for a while. The main problem being that they haven't been able to prove that the victims were murdered rather than dying through natural causes.

It stands to reason that some of them may have been murdered and if by the same hand then it is a serial killer by definition.

"There has been talk of the "pusher" for a while. The main problem being that they haven't been able to prove that the victims were murdered rather than dying through natural causes.

It stands to reason that some of them may have been murdered and if by the same hand then it is a serial killer by definition. "

If they drown it's an unnatural death. What needs to be established is if it's suspicious or non-suspicious. And on that sense it's the peffect crime, no witnesses no injury or marks identifiable at post mortem to conclusively prove tbey were pushed (it would take only a relatively gentle shove) and a d*unk unexpectedly falling in to cold water could pass out instantly (it wouldn't sober them up, it would put the body in toshock) amd even if they didn't they'd lose conscious within seconds as they would have no attempty to hold their breath underwater.

I don't believe 60 people have been murdered but I think it's plausible some have.

I do wonder just how intoxicated the supposedvictims were. Y

The more pissed tbey are the more a d*unken accident is feasible but also the easier it would be to push them and them not survive

"I didn't realise that a tv program had been made about it. I always think they do more harm than good, making people worry unnecessarily.

I wasn`t 100% sure there was so i had a google and found a few on youtube. This is the one i was thinking of https://youtu.be/5hCA0IRT8rU"

Thank you, I'll check it out.

I'm wondering if people drowning in Manchester canals is nothing new, it's just that recently there's been a spike in occurrences (nothing more than tragic accidents).

The media have picked up on it, put two and two together and come up with five. All they needed was a name - The Pusher - and an urban myth is born.

Not as many deaths but there was a similar spate of incidents in Bristol at the start of the year; around 6 deaths within 4-6 months maybe?

Talk of a pusher was doing the rounds but nothing ever came of it, I'm sure other cities have the same thing but it's only reported locally.

With the deaths in Bristol, there was much speculation though not publicised that Ketamine use was on the increase in the city so the deaths were more likely to be related to drugs than a serial killer.

Ginger

» Add a new message to this topic