FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How do you get shot of a duvet?

How do you get shot of a duvet?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Bloody hell they are a nuisance to dispose off. Three weeks back I put it in the household rubbish bin..on the bottom with the rest of the rubbish on top.

Did the they take it? Did they hell.

So with that bin being small...the following week I put it in the larger recycle bin...on the bottom with other recycled stuff on top.

Did they take it? No I seen it tip and it didn't fully come out of the bloody bin so they stuffed it back in the bin.

Twats....but I've had a brainwave tonight....I've put the bugger in a thick bin bags. .then sucked all the air out off it with the hoover and sealed it up...so it is tiny

Do you think the bugger will be in the bin still tomorrow?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

You're probably supposed to take them to the tip or something, rather than sneak them into landfill

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Bloody hell they are a nuisance to dispose off. Three weeks back I put it in the household rubbish bin..on the bottom with the rest of the rubbish on top.

So with that bin being small...the following week I put it in the larger recycle bin...on the bottom with other recycled stuff on top.

Did they take it? No I seen it tip and it didn't fully come out of the bloody bin so they stuffed it back in the bin.

Twats....but I've had a brainwave tonight....I've put the bugger in a thick bin bags. .then sucked all the air out off it with the hoover and sealed it up...so it is tiny

Do you think the bugger will be in the bin still tomorrow? "

Good luck you sneaky girl you ! I take mine to the tip. There are receptacles for them there. I did hear once that red cross etc wanted them but you can't get rid of them for love nor money.

P.S. If it comes back this week , do what I do and cut them up and dispose of in slices as if you've murdered it.

"You're probably supposed to take them to the tip or something, rather than sneak them into landfill "

I'm trying to recycle it

"Bloody hell they are a nuisance to dispose off. Three weeks back I put it in the household rubbish bin..on the bottom with the rest of the rubbish on top.

Good luck you sneaky girl you ! I take mine to the tip. There are receptacles for them there. I did hear once that red cross etc wanted them but you can't get rid of them for love nor money.

P.S. If it comes back this week , do what I do and cut them up and dispose of in slices as if you've murdered it."

Now that's a good idea

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Put it in neighbours bin

P.S. If it comes back this week , do what I do and cut them up and dispose of in slices as if you've murdered it.

Now that's a good idea "

Or use it to wrap an actually body in.

Find a skip and chuck it in, chances are there will be a mattress on it already.

did it stink of pish?- as many girls squirt pish.

"did it stink of pish?- as many girls squirt pish. "

All girls who squirt pish!

"Put it in neighbours bin "

Nah they will dob me in

Now that's a good idea

Or use it to wrap an actually body in. "

Note for future...never try to put a body in a quilt to dispose of it

"Find a skip and chuck it in, chances are there will be a mattress on it already.

"

I'd get bloody done for fly tipping with my luck

rollit up as tightas you can - put it into a black binbag and then into normal rubbish bin - my ex father in law got rid of a whole greenhouse over months - another random bit of useless info

"did it stink of pish?- as many girls squirt pish. "

No gushers allowed in my bed...dirty buggers

"did it stink of pish?- as many girls squirt pish.

All girls who squirt pish! "

Only the Scottish gushers

Grantham

"rollit up as tightas you can - put it into a black binbag and then into normal rubbish bin - my ex father in law got rid of a whole greenhouse over months - another random bit of useless info "

I knew someone who got rig of a 3 piece suite that way

"rollit up as tightas you can - put it into a black binbag and then into normal rubbish bin - my ex father in law got rid of a whole greenhouse over months - another random bit of useless info "

It's as tight as you can get now

Grantham

Another way is to cut it up and make pet beds from it. Then give them to pet shelters

Once smaller they will wash in a machine.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Hose it down. Spread cress seed on it. After one week ...... put it in your green bin.

"rollit up as tightas you can - put it into a black binbag and then into normal rubbish bin - my ex father in law got rid of a whole greenhouse over months - another random bit of useless info

It's as tight as you can get now "

is it disguised tho - as in put into a black binbag so you cant see wht it is

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

serious answer, would an animal shelter have any use for it for dog or cat bedding?

"Another way is to cut it up and make pet beds from it. Then give them to pet shelters

Once smaller they will wash in a machine."

Wouldn't it need sewing up? Bugger that

that's funny

"Hose it down. Spread cress seed on it. After one week ...... put it in your green bin. "

I live in a flat so don't have one of them

"rollit up as tightas you can - put it into a black binbag and then into normal rubbish bin - my ex father in law got rid of a whole greenhouse over months - another random bit of useless info

It's as tight as you can get now

is it disguised tho - as in put into a black binbag so you cant see wht it is"

Aw bugger no it is one of then clear ones I get off my mate doh

"serious answer, would an animal shelter have any use for it for dog or cat bedding? "

Well if it doesn't go tomorrow. ..the pdsa it is

Do you think the bugger will be in the bin still tomorrow? that's funny "

You wouldn't think it was funny if it happened to you

Do you think the bugger will be in the bin still tomorrow? that's funny

You wouldn't think it was funny if it happened to you "

I think I would though, it's funny, I just wish I could of seen your expressions

Forum Mod

East Sussex

You wouldn't think it was funny if it happened to you "

After the trouble we trying rid ourselves of a giant dildo a duvet is child's play.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

* had

Grantham

"serious answer, would an animal shelter have any use for it for dog or cat bedding? "

Whole duvets tend not to useful to them as they are too big to wash easily.

Grantham

Save it for November 5th now

By *s ParisWoman  over a year ago

My Dungeon Room

I usually cut mine up stitch them up for the dogs bedding other than that I take them to the tip and leave it with the clothing bank stuff

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"serious answer, would an animal shelter have any use for it for dog or cat bedding?

Whole duvets tend not to useful to them as they are too big to wash easily."

that's true. I cut the last one we wanted rid of up and used some of it to make cushions for the garden and some to make cushions for the cat.

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

"serious answer, would an animal shelter have any use for it for dog or cat bedding?

Whole duvets tend not to useful to them as they are too big to wash easily."

... and the animals can pick holes in them and ch*ke on the stuffing

that's true. I cut the last one we wanted rid of up and used some of it to make cushions for the garden and some to make cushions for the cat."

Clever bears

Grantham

that's true. I cut the last one we wanted rid of up and used some of it to make cushions for the garden and some to make cushions for the cat."

Perfect use, but if one is a non sewer I guess it's not an option.

Unless people on Facebook take them to make beds for animal shelters?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

that's true. I cut the last one we wanted rid of up and used some of it to make cushions for the garden and some to make cushions for the cat. Clever bears "

Forum Mod

East Sussex

that's true. I cut the last one we wanted rid of up and used some of it to make cushions for the garden and some to make cushions for the cat.

Perfect use, but if one is a non sewer I guess it's not an option.

Unless people on Facebook take them to make beds for animal shelters?"

Well our cats have always snuck on to the bed when there's a duvet on it and made themselves very comfortable so I thought I'd supply them with their own and put it on the chair I put in the greenhouse just for them. Not that I pander to them or anything

Grantham

"Not that I pander to them or anything "

I think if one has pets one should look after them as best as one can

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Not that I pander to them or anything

I think if one has pets one should look after them as best as one can "

Agreed!

Grantham

Agreed! "

And that includes not feeing them junk food

By *oxesMan  over a year ago

Southend, Essex

This random rant has made my day.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Superglue it to heavy stuff that will definitely go from the bin.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Agreed!

And that includes not feeing them junk food "

Wouldn't dream of it. I don't eat rubbish and wouldn't expect them to.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Getting back to the subject of disposing of a duvet. Have you considered fashioning a very warm and eco friendly overcoat from your unwanted duvet? How about making several dozen pairs of cosy slippers, leg warmers or even a stylish hat or two? You could be the envy of all your friends if you made a pair of snug trousers.

"Getting back to the subject of disposing of a duvet. Have you considered fashioning a very warm and eco friendly overcoat from your unwanted duvet? How about making several dozen pairs of cosy slippers, leg warmers or even a stylish hat or two? You could be the envy of all your friends if you made a pair of snug trousers. "

Now bugger off...you know I can't sew

By *lueWonderMan  over a year ago

Preston.....ish

Thats what I do when I need to dispose of excess refuse.....

Wait until everyone has put their bins out..... Then do some ninja bag drops......

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Getting back to the subject of disposing of a duvet. Have you considered fashioning a very warm and eco friendly overcoat from your unwanted duvet? How about making several dozen pairs of cosy slippers, leg warmers or even a stylish hat or two? You could be the envy of all your friends if you made a pair of snug trousers.

Now bugger off...you know I can't sew"

What's wrong with staples?

"You're probably supposed to take them to the tip or something, rather than sneak them into landfill "

Take them to a dog rescue centre.....they use them as bedding and are glad to receive them.

"Put it in neighbours bin

Thats what I do when I need to dispose of excess refuse.....

Wait until everyone has put their bins out..... Then do some ninja bag drops......

"

And when it doesn't go...neighbours already know I'm trying to get shot of it...I'll look a right twat

"Getting back to the subject of disposing of a duvet. Have you considered fashioning a very warm and eco friendly overcoat from your unwanted duvet? How about making several dozen pairs of cosy slippers, leg warmers or even a stylish hat or two? You could be the envy of all your friends if you made a pair of snug trousers.

Now bugger off...you know I can't sew

What's wrong with staples?"

Now that's a new one...would they work?

"You're probably supposed to take them to the tip or something, rather than sneak them into landfill

Take them to a dog rescue centre.....they use them as bedding and are glad to receive them."

Been told they are too big for them

After the trouble we trying rid ourselves of a giant dildo a duvet is child's play."

Can we forget the duvet just for a minute! I am more interested in how you got rid of the giant dildo? I'm guessing that car boot sales or generously donating to the local charity shop weren't options!

Put it through the shredder, make fake snow

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

Far too much drama about a duvet. Burn it.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Duvets do wash.

Give it to a homeless shelter.

By *witch4Fun24Couple  over a year ago

Leicester

Cut in half or quarters, and seal up edges with that iron on adhesive stuff you get everywhere for hemming trousers and stuff. Or buy cheap cushion covers, shred the duvet and use to fill the cushion covers. Pet and homeless shelters take cushions as well as blankets as do charity shops.

Burn it

If it is reasonably clean then offer it to a homeless person

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

You lot are completely nuts, I'm crying laughing and I haven't even got out of bed yet, thank you xxx

"You're probably supposed to take them to the tip or something, rather than sneak them into landfill

I'm trying to recycle it "

To the kocal refuse centre with it.

Sunderland council are very fussy as to what goes in the rwcycle bin so i guess other councils are too.

Good on yer for recycling like

By *aul1973HullMan  over a year ago

East Hull

My advice would be, if it's still at the bottom of your bin after it's been emptied, shove it in next doors bin ninja style

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

We had similar problems with our victims bodies

So we opened a pie shop.

After the trouble we trying rid ourselves of a giant dildo a duvet is child's play."

Do tell how you got shot of this?

I'm trying to recycle it

To the kocal refuse centre with it.

Sunderland council are very fussy as to what goes in the rwcycle bin so i guess other councils are too.

Good on yer for recycling like "

See that's the thing...I'm trying to reduce the carbon footprint as our local tip is a 20 mile round trip. ..plus I'm a tight bugger

East Hull

" ..plus I'm a tight bugger "

Careful choice of words?

im in a need to know space right now - did the binmen take it

[Removed by poster at 21/09/17 09:43:20]

After the trouble we trying rid ourselves of a giant dildo a duvet is child's play.

Can we forget the duvet just for a minute! I am more interested in how you got rid of the giant dildo? I'm guessing that car boot sales or generously donating to the local charity shop weren't options!"

why not pmsl the look on some old woman face wud be priceless

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

"im in a need to know space right now - did the binmen take it"
Thats what i want to know cant go to work till i know wonder if thats a good excuse for being late

"im in a need to know space right now - did the binmen take itThats what i want to know cant go to work till i know wonder if thats a good excuse for being late "

hit work with the truth -

By *a72Man  over a year ago

london

Fingers crossed you get shot of the duvet soon Miss Dominatrix. I am dealing with a terrible dilemma myself at the moment I have 2 tubs of butter open at the same time in the fridge and now don't know which one to use up first!!

"im in a need to know space right now - did the binmen take it"

They have been for household bin but not for recycling bin yet....pray for me

Take it to your local laundry for a service wash and don't bother picking it up....

"Take it to your local laundry for a service wash and don't bother picking it up.... "

Round trip 10 miles...carbon footprint Dear boy

East Hull

"Fingers crossed you get shot of the duvet soon Miss Dominatrix. I am dealing with a terrible dilemma myself at the moment I have 2 tubs of butter open at the same time in the fridge and now don't know which one to use up first!!"

The quandary of prioritising by best before date or amount left in the tub

"Take it to your local laundry for a service wash and don't bother picking it up....

Round trip 10 miles...carbon footprint Dear boy "

Ok wrap a dead body in it and leave it in the back lane

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Can we forget the duvet just for a minute! I am more interested in how you got rid of the giant dildo? I'm guessing that car boot sales or generously donating to the local charity shop weren't options!"

No, they weren't. I think the damn thing is still in a suitcase in the loft unless Mr N took it to the tip when we moved. Helpful fab forum contributors made some absolutely useless suggestions such as use it as a Christmas tree or put it in a really elderly ladies dustbin.

"Take it to your local laundry for a service wash and don't bother picking it up....

Ok wrap a dead body in it and leave it in the back lane "

Are you volunteering to be said body

By *a72Man  over a year ago

london

"Fingers crossed you get shot of the duvet soon Miss Dominatrix. I am dealing with a terrible dilemma myself at the moment I have 2 tubs of butter open at the same time in the fridge and now don't know which one to use up first!!

The quandary of prioritising by best before date or amount left in the tub "

About same amount left in both, My nephew came over made a bacon sandwich and opened a fresh tub! as you know the date runs out on these bastards so quickly.

Are you volunteering to be said body "

Hey honcho it's not my problem.....

People would pay vast sums of money to own my used bedding

People would pay vast sums of money to own my used bedding "

After you've taken the cobwebs off

"Fingers crossed you get shot of the duvet soon Miss Dominatrix. I am dealing with a terrible dilemma myself at the moment I have 2 tubs of butter open at the same time in the fridge and now don't know which one to use up first!!

The quandary of prioritising by best before date or amount left in the tub

About same amount left in both, My nephew came over made a bacon sandwich and opened a fresh tub! as you know the date runs out on these bastards so quickly. "

Butter doesn't come in tubs...that's half margarine...dump it all and get real butter

After you've taken the cobwebs off "

No fool....... they would clone my DNA and create a master race....

After you've taken the cobwebs off

No fool....... they would clone my DNA and create a master race.... "

Could do a mistress race off mine

Can we forget the duvet just for a minute! I am more interested in how you got rid of the giant dildo? I'm guessing that car boot sales or generously donating to the local charity shop weren't options!

No, they weren't. I think the damn thing is still in a suitcase in the loft unless Mr N took it to the tip when we moved. Helpful fab forum contributors made some absolutely useless suggestions such as use it as a Christmas tree or put it in a really elderly ladies dustbin. "

I'm not quite sure if I'm hoping "Elderly ladies dustbin" is a euphemism or not!

And it definitely ain't butter if it's in a tub!

Do you know anyone good with a sewing machine? You could use your duvet to make a nice quilted onesie. Winter isn't far away and it could help save a fortune in heating bills!

No, they weren't. I think the damn thing is still in a suitcase in the loft unless Mr N took it to the tip when we moved. Helpful fab forum contributors made some absolutely useless suggestions such as use it as a Christmas tree or put it in a really elderly ladies dustbin.

I'm not quite sure if I'm hoping "Elderly ladies dustbin" is a euphemism or not!

Do you know anyone good with a sewing machine? You could use your duvet to make a nice quilted onesie. Winter isn't far away and it could help save a fortune in heating bills!

"

Not after its been in the bin 3 times...cost more to get it cleaned now.

East Hull

Not after its been in the bin 3 times...cost more to get it cleaned now."

Do not try putting it in your washing machine at home, you'll end up terribly frustrated trying to keep it in long enough to close the washer door

Not after its been in the bin 3 times...cost more to get it cleaned now."

Suppose so! But you'll know what to do next time.

I had a pair of tartan bondage trousers in my youth. My mum hated them and one day put them in the dustbin. I took them out and put them on (rebel without a cause) to go to the pub. I didn't have a lot of luck that night

"im in a need to know space right now - did the binmen take it

They have been for household bin but not for recycling bin yet....pray for me "

haha on my knees i go -

im choring and only logging on to see if this has been taken #getalifegirly

haha on my knees i go -

im choring and only logging on to see if this has been taken #getalifegirly"

passes cushions for knees

East Hull

My bin men have just surprised me, normally they are very strict and won't empty a bin if the isn't able to close and they send you a letter. But they have just emptied my neighbours bin that was overflowing with loose rubbish to the point the lid was at 45°, made a bit of a mess but all 3 bin men stopped to pick most of it up

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Donnate it to a homeless charity

haha on my knees i go -

im choring and only logging on to see if this has been taken #getalifegirly"

UPDATE!

The recycling binmen have been and my duvet is now on its way to the local recycling centre

So my cunning plan worked....off your knees and back to work

East Hull

haha on my knees i go -

UPDATE!

The recycling binmen have been and my duvet is now on its way to the local recycling centre

So my cunning plan worked....off your knees and back to work "

Congratulations on your loss

thank gawd

haha on my knees i go -

UPDATE!

So my cunning plan worked....off your knees and back to work

Congratulations on your loss "

Cheers

"thank gawd"

Ah but I have put a end to how to get shot off one for fabbers in the future eh

Phew they didn't belive me when I said I was going to be late

"thank gawd

Ah but I have put a end to how to get shot off one for fabbers in the future eh "

your cunning young lady

"thank gawd

Ah but I have put a end to how to get shot off one for fabbers in the future eh your cunning young lady"

It's sorted on of life's mysteries...bin bags, hoover and parcel tape

"thank gawd

Ah but I have put a end to how to get shot off one for fabbers in the future eh your cunning young lady

It's sorted on of life's mysteries...bin bags, hoover and parcel tape "

ive gotten rid of so much stuff that way - well minus the hoover trick -

I always donate mine and any blankets to the pet rescue shelter. Gives me a happy knowing someone will sleep warm. And the animal rescue are always grateful for stuff like that.

"thank gawd

Ah but I have put a end to how to get shot off one for fabbers in the future eh your cunning young lady

It's sorted on of life's mysteries...bin bags, hoover and parcel tape

ive gotten rid of so much stuff that way - well minus the hoover trick - "

There you go. ..you get better advice here then dash's good advice thread

"I always donate mine and any blankets to the pet rescue shelter. Gives me a happy knowing someone will sleep warm. And the animal rescue are always grateful for stuff like that.

"

All been covered on thread...too big for pet shelters and without washing it is would not give it to the homeless...and washing it is too expensive as my new duvet was a bargain £3 for a king size

Yes. Also, often stables can use them as under rugs.

Yes. Also, often stables can use them as under rugs."

Said after the horse as bolted lol...but I never thought of that and my mate has a big equestrian centre. doh

I'm going to miss that duvet

"I'm going to miss that duvet "

Well I'm glad to see the back of it

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

Oh very sneaky, do you get on well with your neighbours?

[Removed by poster at 21/09/17 21:57:16]

"I'm going to miss that duvet

Well I'm glad to see the back of it "

As long as you're happy... that's all any of us cares about really

By *revor1940Man  over a year ago

west of Haverfordwest

Take it to a local dog rescue. They used to be glad of them as they don't last long.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Can we forget the duvet just for a minute! I am more interested in how you got rid of the giant dildo? I'm guessing that car boot sales or generously donating to the local charity shop weren't options!why not pmsl the look on some old woman face wud be priceless "

They get first choice of items, so she may have had a big smile on her face as she wrapped it, to take home later

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Well I'm glad to see the back of it "

me too, I should have wrapped the giant dildo in it and killed two birds with one stone

Well I'm glad to see the back of it

me too, I should have wrapped the giant dildo in it and killed two birds with one stone "

With soxy too

By *ohnaronMan  over a year ago

london

Wrap it round a body. Call 999 and in a couple of weeks it will be removed.

» Add a new message to this topic