FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > It's not the same anymore

It's not the same anymore

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone else think fab isn't the same as it was years ago which is disappointing

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Says the guy with a singular cock picture as his profile...

"Does anyone else think fab isn't the same as it was years ago which is disappointing "

Maybe you're not the same person you were when you joined Fab.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

I'd say it was the same; some people put effort into their profiles, and some don't...

"I'd say it was the same; some people put effort into their profiles, and some don't... "

I agree mostly with this, but I do think there are more people on the site so some dynamics have changed.

There seems to be a lot more people who like the idea of it, but who aren't necessarily up for actually following through with meeting people.

"Says the guy with a singular cock picture as his profile..."

What does that have to do with his view on how the sites changed?

I tell you what has changed, and for the worst.

Is the amount of people now looking to make sarcy comments on a thread to try and look clever instead of joining in and contributing something worthwhile.

It doesn't seem the same since I joined 3 years ago. Theme seem to be a lot more members who don't really want to meet, I,'ve had it a lot of times from men. XXX

"Says the guy with a singular cock picture as his profile...

Is the amount of people now looking to make sarcy comments on a thread to try and look clever instead of joining in and contributing something worthwhile. "

I contribute when I think it's necessary. A "the good old days" chat is worth sarcasm.

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

"It doesn't seem the same since I joined 3 years ago. Theme seem to be a lot more members who don't really want to meet, I,'ve had it a lot of times from men. XXX"

Teases you mean

op maybe it because we're getting older and less attractive

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Things change - society and culture changes and so do we.

If we stick to who we thought we eere and what we wanted then we will likely be out of step with our present self and needs.

People who may have liked us in the past may no longer do so.

Those who are flexible and can better adapt are more likely to continue to be more available to the present opportunities.

Just with fab, as time passes, we move in and out of different peoples age preferences, for example.

Wanting our adolescent life, when older is more susceptible to being at odds with ourselves.

It's possibly projection - onto the site, those things we're not so comfortable with about ourselves.

It's natural to grow as are person organically and to let go of our old perspectives! Like snakes etc, shedding their skins. Refresh and makr now what you need

"Says the guy with a singular cock picture as his profile...

Is the amount of people now looking to make sarcy comments on a thread to try and look clever instead of joining in and contributing something worthwhile. "

It's always been like this though. Maybe they think it makes them look cool. Most of the worst offenders seem to have left the forums. New ones always surface.

"Does anyone else think fab isn't the same as it was years ago which is disappointing "

How is it different?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Fab used to be a website for swingers. Now it's another app for people who use "dating" apps.

I find it the same as its always been.

"Fab used to be a website for swingers. Now it's another app for people who use "dating" apps."

I disagree, I've met people I would consider swingers throughout the whole of this year and they've been lovely.

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

Same here but have to be in it to win it as they say.

That's life everything changes over time

My only criticism is that by designating Politic to its own forum the lounge has suffered a negative change of dynamic ....

To me the people of the lounge are intelligent enough to decide whether to contribute to a political thread or not without having to remove themselves from an eclectic forum to one specifically targeting the political theme ...

I feel its quite patronising to enforce this sort segregation is something those of us with an interest in all things need.....

"My only criticism is that by designating Politic to its own forum the lounge has suffered a negative change of dynamic ....

To me the people of the lounge are intelligent enough to decide whether to contribute to a political thread or not without having to remove themselves from an eclectic forum to one specifically targeting the political theme ...

I feel its quite patronising to enforce this sort segregation is something those of us with an interest in all things need..... "

They didn't remove the kiss fuck avoid threads or other such types

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

For me I tend to use fab as a way to keep in contact from people from the clubs scene, and to see what's going on at clubs

Yes I take part in forum and sometimes go in to chat but I would say I don't actively look for profiles. I will have a look at accounts that are local to London or in Manchester sometimes but I find that is tough as I would say I am not what people are looking for

Again if someone peaks my interest from the forum and or social and doesn't live in London or Manchester then well

When I joined fabs I was kinda in contact with people that were on smilebook from swinging scene and as they moved away, I kinda kept around, then I kinda fell out of love with scene, kinda didn't want to meet anyone or anything and it has only been in last 2 years that I have been really active again shall we say.

"My only criticism is that by designating Politic to its own forum the lounge has suffered a negative change of dynamic ....

I feel its quite patronising to enforce this sort segregation is something those of us with an interest in all things need.....

They didn't remove the kiss fuck avoid threads or other such types "

I make a conscious decision not to involve myself in those threads ( other that when I offer to snog a straight guy)

But I know many people enjoy those threads ..... but I'd love to see politics back in the lounge .... I feel sufficiently intelligent to pick and choose which threads capture my attention in a way that stimulates me to make a response

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

Fab works for me in fact I find it much better than when I first joined, but I think that's due to me embracing the scene more and getting to know myself better by exploring my sexuality, than I did when I first joined.

I joined with my husband being the only the second man I'd ever slept with, so it's taken time to get into the swing of things, so to speak. I've had quite a lucky experience on fab never really been pissed about or had my time wasted but I think that's because I can't meet often as I'd like, so I spend a lot of time chatting before a meet and it gives you the opportunity to assess people's characters better.

I think the biggest mistake many make is 1) trying to jump into a meet too soon, and 2) wanting to chat too sexually, newsflash the fake accounts are only looking to get their rocks off so if you don't indulge them in that way they get bored

I think it's changed as the same as vanilla world .people are more fussy and know there likes and dislikes .profiles have to stand out more .Nice well written profile and good teasing pics .

My opinion if profile isn't showing much I think lazy profile and can't be bothered to chat .seen so many profiles fill in later and a cock pic .What women would be attracted to look at that profile .I wouldn't anyway

I've been on another site where fake accounts were rife.

In comparison (and for local men) Fab is much better, for me.

They didn't remove the kiss fuck avoid threads or other such types

I make a conscious decision not to involve myself in those threads ( other that when I offer to snog a straight guy)

But I know many people enjoy those threads ..... but I'd love to see politics back in the lounge .... I feel sufficiently intelligent to pick and choose which threads capture my attention in a way that stimulates me to make a response "

Same.

[Removed by poster at 19/09/17 07:12:10]

salisbury

I feel its quite patronising to enforce this sort segregation is something those of us with an interest in all things need..... "

I don't. It keeps the people who lurk in there away from normal people.

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

Everyone says that. What was it like before?

A few years ago 2007/8 was fantastic the forums, the chat rooms and the mass big socials was fab.

With everything it changes overtime and sometimes not for the best.

By *a72Man  over a year ago

london

I'd like to go back to when this site started and have a quick look through as I wasn't here from the start. The site seems ok now a mixture of very different people with very different opinions and views and some fake members as well.

I think I've been on and off for about 7 years roughly.

It's pretty much the same. All that changes are familiar faces to and friends. People come and go and it affects the dynamics and how you interact.

I'm sure I'll disappear soon and inevitably when I return in a year or so it'll be pretty much the same process and experience.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Hard to say without you telling us how you think it's different...

For what it's worth it seems the same as ever to me.

I don't. It keeps the people who lurk in there away from normal people."

Normal people?

salisbury

I don't. It keeps the people who lurk in there away from normal people.

Normal people?"

Less odd people.

» Add a new message to this topic