FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Purge

The Purge

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *urvymama OP   Woman  over a year ago

Doncaster

Only just got around to watching these movies and couldn't help but think how good a Forum Purge would be a day of no rules you could just say what the fuck you wanted and who you wanted too completed unfiltered.

Think it would be quite interesting to not only find out people's true opinion if yourself (though I think I know some anyway, as we probably all do ) but to see from a socially experimental stand point how it would effect they way we'd relate to one and other both during and in the aftermath of it all

Any thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Think there are some that operate that way already to be honest!!

As for knowing what people really think of me - I'd like to think no differently from the way the indications they suggest by the way they interact with me now, although am sure the reality may be a little different in some cases

As you say an interesting social experiment though but there'd be tears before bedtime I bet!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Utter anarchy. I like it

Doncaster

"Think there are some that operate that way already to be honest!!

As for knowing what people really think of me - I'd like to think no differently from the way the indications they suggest by the way they interact with me now, although am sure the reality may be a little different in some cases

As you say an interesting social experiment though but there'd be tears before bedtime I bet!!"

Tears, tantrums, fab friendship possibly torn apart, new connections being made and no doubt lots of UNLOS users too

There is a fair few people on here who throw a hissy fit when they hear an opinion they don't like.

A purge would more than likely result in a lot of broken snowflakes

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Oh, I recall seeing mini purges (and who they are about) a few times now - normally coinciding with someone leaving.

I think it would be interesting to a certain degree but I think (much like the film) some will just do what they want in order to hurt/harm others deliberately and that's a bit different.

As far as how it would affect me? I say how I feel the majority of the time and the ones I actually give a fuck about do the same to me. The others? Meh. They'll make me laugh most probably. I haven't unlosed yet and a Purge won't make me.

Doncaster

"Oh, I recall seeing mini purges (and who they are about) a few times now - normally coinciding with someone leaving.

I think it would be interesting to a certain degree but I think (much like the film) some will just do what they want in order to hurt/harm others deliberately and that's a bit different.

As far as how it would affect me? I say how I feel the majority of the time and the ones I actually give a fuck about do the same to me. The others? Meh. They'll make me laugh most probably. I haven't unlosed yet and a Purge won't make me. "

Oh yes I've been on the receiving end of an Unlos purge myself

But I'm still here too and I didn't begrudge that person getting it off her chest if that's what she felt the need todo and I wouldn't wanted her to leave for speaking her mind but I do think had she not left of her own accord her hand would have been forced to on that occasion

Doncaster

"There is a fair few people on here who throw a hissy fit when they hear an opinion they don't like.

A purge would more than likely result in a lot of broken snowflakes"

Indeed but that's where the social experiment would mostly come into it seeing how people recover from that and how it effects the way in which they continue relate via forums

"There is a fair few people on here who throw a hissy fit when they hear an opinion they don't like.

A purge would more than likely result in a lot of broken snowflakes"

The snowflakes strike back

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

I dint think it would be hugely different to how it is now. As you put in the mods thread, there are a few forum battles. The language might get more colourful I guess.

I did one of those social experiments over the weekend...was good fun

Its a silly idea...a bit of fun for some at the expense of someone else's upset...

"Its a silly idea...a bit of fun for some at the expense of someone else's upset..."

Your right. It's a terrible idea. I'm in.

I'll post my opinions in a minute.

There used to be chat rooms like this years ago on yahoo called fight rooms, I used to sit in them for hours just watching people tearing each other to shreds laughing my head of

"Its a silly idea...a bit of fun for some at the expense of someone else's upset...

Your right. It's a terrible idea. I'm in.

I'll post my opinions in a minute. "

....go on

There is nothing I want to say that I haven't said, and nobody that I want to attack. So please let me know when the purge is on and I will take a day off

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

I'd still be nice...

The Forum is for fun. I can't see how such an experiment would achieve anything. Why would you openly want to bitch about people and humiliate them. If you can't be nice and try to respect your fellow Forumites, then why be here. I guess some people prefer drama but if it did happen, I'd take the day off too.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

If anyone aches so much to tell someone the 'truth' ........ they should just do it.

People here are 'online' people who don't cause me any amount of anxiety.

Sorry etherites........ Didn't Desmond Decker sing that.. ??

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

If your that desperate to upset someone do it via pm, why inform others.

I feel pack mentally would come into play so it wouldn't be any different than any controversial thread.

Personally I do speak my mind, I try not to be rude or nasty about people. A difference of opinions is good but knowing when to draw the line is better.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I think that for me, having a horrible moment would say more about me and the day I was having than it would about the people I might be horrible about/to. Some people are nobs. I try not to become one through pointing that out, at least not vociferously. If I did then nobbishness would win by having me join the ranks, temporary impunity/immunity or not.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Never heard of it.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Never mind the forums, give me the Purge in real life.

I can think of a few that would be very twitchy, lol

We need a real purge ........ I've got the mask and baseball bat already

» Add a new message to this topic