FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Words

Words

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yldstyle OP   Woman  over a year ago

A world of my own

Last night I sat with my friend as she cried over some hurtful words spoken about her by some vile little man.

In an instant her confidence has been completely shattered and she has been left doubting absolutely,everything about herself.

I felt useless and so angry.

I guess the point of this post is to remind everyone that words are like weapons. Please be careful with them

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

Yes they are. I'm guilty of using words to upset people when I am upset. My tone when I say some words gives them a different meaning

By *DontExistWoman  over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

once you realise most people are dickheads and suck their words mean nothing.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes they are very much so. Sometimes they have the power to make or break you. I'm more of the be kind with words person. Though sometimes that good nature can be taken for granted and abused.

I hope your friend is feeling better soon, and realises not everyone is as big an idiot and gutless as the man who said the words to upset her x

By *laireandjamieCouple  over a year ago

west lothian

It's difficult to be teflon and let the horrible things slide off and not stick x

Individuals who do such things are usually full of their own insecurities and arrogance

I hope she feels better today and looks at things differently, vile creatures should be ignored their opinions are worth nothing.

You're a good friend just being there will help xx

Tell to remember it's the problem of the person who delivered those words and not her. She doesn't have to accept the burden of their issues.

The above is easy to say from a distance, but true, hopefully she'll feel better about it today.

I agree, some people's over sensitivity to a few meaningless throw away comments can be a right pain in the arse!

By *yldstyle OP   Woman  over a year ago

A world of my own

"I agree, some people's over sensitivity to a few meaningless throw away comments can be a right pain in the arse!"

Sadly these were not throw away comments

» Add a new message to this topic