FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > have you ever

have you ever

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hemonkeyhead OP   Man  over a year ago

Reading

bought a car from new, then when the tyres are due to be changed realise the locking wheel nut the car came with doesn't actually fit the car, and you're scrambling to figure out if it was taken off and switched during servicing, and the original dealer who sold the car to you has since gone belly up and you pick up the phone to the next nearest official dealer and you almost throw the phone to the floor absolutely pissed off when they mention a price north of £130 for the correct locking key that shoulda come with the car in the first place but they agree to have a look and they assume it must have been changed by the previous owner, and you mention you ARE the original owner and they like "well, that's the first i've ever seen this" and they like we can try and order one but i'm like "this code the key comes with i'm not even sure it's even for this car, if the locking nut's all wrong"...

... anyway, luckily they've agreed to remove them with a master key and replace the stupid locking nut with a regular nut.

it's not even something i even thought to check because the car was new. just getting it off my chest...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oh! Not quite the fun game thread I anticipated!

In a nutshell...

No.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I can't drive. I have never therefore purchased a car. I have a rough idea what you're going on about for I am aware at a purely intellectual level that cars have wheels that are tightened with nuts but as to the rest I would have to say no, I have not experienced that. And I doubt many have from the incredulity you mentioned in your justified diatribe.

I have never bought a new car.

Well this isn't what I was expecting

Exact same thing happened to me

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It hasn't happened to me but it must be really maddening if it does.

Mr N knows a lot about cars and thats the kind of thing he would check.

I once had a car with a screw driver as a temporary gear stick if its any comfort.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Never happened to me and I've had a few new cars. Maddening though I imagine.

"... anyway, luckily they've agreed to remove them with a master key and replace the stupid locking nut with a regular nut.

it's not even something i even thought to check because the car was new. just getting it off my chest..."

Yeah it was a pretty common problem we had to solve in service, salesmen are idiots

By *hemonkeyhead OP   Man  over a year ago

Reading

the infuriating thing is they threw in a spare wheel in case i got a flat or something, and i didn't have to deal with their stupid inflator and slime kit. it would have been a cruel cruel joke

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

I just had my wheel nuts knocked off, they charged me a tenner... No one nicks tyres anymore.

I can get 4 locking wheel nuts off without the key in about 5-10 minutes

Anti theft - total bollocks

I've had plenty of alloys, Rota, Rotiform, team dynamics....all without locking nuts.....as has been said, alloy wheel theft isn't a big thing.

It's a common thing in the Vdub scene to have expensive alloys, BBS, lambo alloys etc I don't think I've ever heard of theft on any of the car forums I'm on

By *rightonCheekyMan  over a year ago

Brighton

I think it's nuts .....

» Add a new message to this topic