FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you remember when you first really thought you were in love?

Do you remember when you first really thought you were in love?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was a bit of an awkward looking nerdy kid at school and I was teased a lot because of my height. I didn't really pay attention to boys until I hit the age of 13. My "All-Girl's School" was built next to an "All-Boy's School" I noticed my "first true love" through a fence, watching him play football. I married him aged 22. His family were millionaires, I was picked up by his Dad for our dates in a Rolls Royce. They are mostly happy memories.

Do you remember when "you first got the feels"? How old were you. How long did it last? Did you marry your childhood sweetheart like me?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *arnsleycouple7683Couple  over a year ago

Barnsley

I was 17 when I fell in love (he was 24) and yes I later married him.

Here we are 16 years later... house, dog, four kids, and swinging together!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes, I was 9 yrs old.

"I was 17 when I fell in love (he was 24) and yes I later married him.

Here we are 16 years later... house, dog, four kids, and swinging together! "

That's so lovely to hear and 4 kids, wow. Plus you get to swing. You sound the perfect couple.

[Removed by poster at 16/09/17 19:09:56]

Vividly... was great for a few years and then crashed and burned. Never felt it since

By *s_bettyboopWoman  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/09/17 19:12:19]

I was 18 ... he was 36. We got engaged. I thought I loved him enough

We split.

I'm glad.

I've had proper love since then - that wasn't it!

"Vividly... was great for a few years and then crashed and burned. Never felt it since "

Whaaaaat, oh no! Still, you are young and delicious so plenty of time for it to happen

By *s_bettyboopWoman  over a year ago

"Yes I was 13 and he went to the all boys school over the field from my girls school. We went out until I lost school and lost touch, he had a massive car accident shortly after and was in a coma for 6 months and was badly injured, I was heartbroken. We found each other again when in my 20s and went out for a few years and had some very happy times as Adults but it never lasted. X"

"Yes, I was 9 yrs old."

Bloody hell that was young. I was "in love" with my dollies aged 9

"Vividly... was great for a few years and then crashed and burned. Never felt it since

Whaaaaat, oh no! Still, you are young and delicious so plenty of time for it to happen "

aw thanks... you live and learn, and it was great while it lasted. Im sure it'll happen again with the right person. In the mean time Im just having fun whilst young(ish)

I was 15 and he broke my heart

Every love since has done the same until I got this one

7 years later and I've never looked back

"I was 18 ... he was 36. We got engaged. I thought I loved him enough

We split.

I'm glad.

I've had proper love since then - that wasn't it! "

That was a huge age gap. Were your parents concerned and did they give you grief?

By *arnsleycouple7683Couple  over a year ago

Barnsley

"I was 17 when I fell in love (he was 24) and yes I later married him.

Here we are 16 years later... house, dog, four kids, and swinging together!

That's so lovely to hear and 4 kids, wow. Plus you get to swing. You sound the perfect couple."

The swinging is very recent. We're really loving it though

"Vividly... was great for a few years and then crashed and burned. Never felt it since

Whaaaaat, oh no! Still, you are young and delicious so plenty of time for it to happen

aw thanks... you live and learn, and it was great while it lasted. Im sure it'll happen again with the right person. In the mean time Im just having fun whilst young(ish)"

Can I put the clocks back and join in your fun

I didn't think I was in love. I knew I was. We met when I was 20 and were engaged within a couple of months. We married and are still going strong today.

"I was 15 and he broke my heart

Every love since has done the same until I got this one

7 years later and I've never looked back "

Fairy tales can come true; sweet

aw thanks... you live and learn, and it was great while it lasted. Im sure it'll happen again with the right person. In the mean time Im just having fun whilst young(ish)

Can I put the clocks back and join in your fun "

Anytime

"I didn't think I was in love. I knew I was. We met when I was 20 and were engaged within a couple of months. We married and are still going strong today. "

You are good together. You have such funny personalities and have always seemed solid as a rock. All credit to you (and I mean that wholeheartedly).

Can I put the clocks back and join in your fun

Anytime "

Fuck, I'm so glad I did this thread

Was probably in high school. Had such a crush on this girl I thought it was love lol used to daydream of our life together but back that I was a chicken, was to scared to even say hie yet alone have eye contact haha

Oh how things have changed

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Tamworth

Met when I was 17. With hindsight, I was just glad to find someone decent who liked me back and I wasn't going to be left behind going to everyone else's weddings!

We were together for 9 years but it deteriorated to the point where I was just a shell and my life was built around pleasing him. Once I finally left him, he stalked me for 6 months until the police got involved.

So that was fun!

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

I don't think I ever have been

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"I don't think I ever have been "

That's pretty sad

By *rightonCheekyMan  over a year ago

Brighton

I was 18 she was 16. We were together for 5 years and it seemed like love at first. I think I broke her heart. She looked me up on Facebook a few years ago. Both divorced by then and she wanted to rekindle things. But I didn't want to. We are still Facebook friends though and chat on there from time to time. Lovely lady but just not my lady.

"I was 18 she was 16. We were together for 5 years and it seemed like love at first. I think I broke her heart. She looked me up on Facebook a few years ago. Both divorced by then and she wanted to rekindle things. But I didn't want to. We are still Facebook friends though and chat on there from time to time. Lovely lady but just not my lady. "

I have a friend who got together with her first love via Facebook after both their marriages failed. They only lasted 2 years. Time changes people so much, especially when children become involved in the mix

Both 15 when we met. First love and a lot of other first experiences together. We went to different universities and split for good after realising long distance wasn't for us.

We still talk regularly now and meet up when we can.

"Both 15 when we met. First love and a lot of other first experiences together. We went to different universities and split for good after realising long distance wasn't for us.

We still talk regularly now and meet up when we can. "

Is he married now? Do you have regrets?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I thought I was in love with my first long term relationship (well 2 years). An Irish guy I worked with, little did I know he had a woman in most areas! Funny but these days I'd quite like that. He was involved in a rta not long after we split, suffered serious facial injuries after going through the windscreen. He turned up at work to give me my cds and stuff back one day. We had coffee and a chat but there were no feelings there, we kept in touch for a while.

I get the occasional email which is nice. He's a grave digger in Reykjavik!! Things could be been soooo different

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

"I don't think I ever have been

That's pretty sad "

I've plenty of time

"I don't think I ever have been "

No-one has ever been in love with me. I have been in love once, but they were just fond of me for a bit.

"I thought I was in love with my first long term relationship (well 2 years). An Irish guy I worked with, little did I know he had a woman in most areas! Funny but these days I'd quite like that. He was involved in a rta not long after we split, suffered serious facial injuries after going through the windscreen. He turned up at work to give me my cds and stuff back one day. We had coffee and a chat but there were no feelings there, we kept in touch for a while.

I get the occasional email which is nice. He's a grave digger in Reykjavik!! Things could be been soooo different "

That's a funny story; Irish men are yummy, they have the gift of the gab and such gorgeous accents. I wouldn't want to be the wifey of a grave digger though; would give me the heebie jeebies

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I met my first true love when I was 15. I was with him 3 years 'til I went away to college and sadly outgrew where he was....but no-one has ever loved me better.

11/12/13/14/15/16/ every week I was in love ...

I'm not sure I ever was in love; having met him at a very young age. It's only recently I've realised what being intimate with someone who loves me feels like. It doesn't feel anything like my feelings when I was married.

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Absolutely - I'd been cool about guys all through high school and uni. Plenty of partners but none that turned my head upside down. Then I walked into my favourite rock pub at the age of 24 and some tall, blond, blue-eyed guy was sat at my table. He saw the book in my bag - it was by one of his favourite authors. We chatted away, went for a cigarette and he said, "You're coming to Caged tomorrow night?" I demurred, told him that I was home with family the next night. He looked up at me, eyes darkly dancing and said, "No, I think you misheard me. You're coming to Caged tomorrow night." I fell in love right there.

And I was at Caged the following night.

Didn't last, but boy we had fun while it did, and I renounced 'nilla antics from that moment on

"I was 18 ... he was 36. We got engaged. I thought I loved him enough

We split.

I'm glad.

I've had proper love since then - that wasn't it!

That was a huge age gap. Were your parents concerned and did they give you grief?"

My parents gave me A LOT of grief. In hindsight I wish they hadn't - it would have been over much sooner and been much less painful if they'd let me get on with it!!

"Both 15 when we met. First love and a lot of other first experiences together. We went to different universities and split for good after realising long distance wasn't for us.

We still talk regularly now and meet up when we can.

Is he married now? Do you have regrets?"

No hes single too. We have hooked up a few times over the years but we don't have that same kind of connection now.

No-one has ever been in love with me. I have been in love once, but they were just fond of me for a bit. "

There is a lid for every pot so they say. Hopefully someone for everyone and you deserve your Mr Right x

No-one has ever been in love with me. I have been in love once, but they were just fond of me for a bit.

There is a lid for every pot so they say. Hopefully someone for everyone and you deserve your Mr Right x"

you, D x

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

Yes I do...it was unrequited....and my god it hurt!

By *ucy. AlCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Thaugh my first love was at the age of 16 he was 24 we were together almost 10years and had 3 beautiful kids by then I realised it wasn't it broke down even more after he done something to my baby boy I then met phill and we had an instant connection and new it was love been together 7yr and married 3 xx

"Yes I do...it was unrequited....and my god it hurt!"

What a bummer

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

"Yes I do...it was unrequited....and my god it hurt!

What a bummer "

Who knocked on your coffin? and where the f..k did you come from, having a quiet night on site

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

we were 15, she kept knocking to play football for half that summer which i thought was a bit weird and it took my sister to say 'you know she fancies you to bits?'before the penny dropped..

heady days..

"Yes I do...it was unrequited....and my god it hurt!

What a bummer

Who knocked on your coffin? and where the f..k did you come from, having a quiet night on site "

Ah just in and out like a fiddler's elbow

"Absolutely - I'd been cool about guys all through high school and uni. Plenty of partners but none that turned my head upside down. Then I walked into my favourite rock pub at the age of 24 and some tall, blond, blue-eyed guy was sat at my table. He saw the book in my bag - it was by one of his favourite authors. We chatted away, went for a cigarette and he said, "You're coming to Caged tomorrow night?" I demurred, told him that I was home with family the next night. He looked up at me, eyes darkly dancing and said, "No, I think you misheard me. You're coming to Caged tomorrow night." I fell in love right there.

And I was at Caged the following night.

Didn't last, but boy we had fun while it did, and I renounced 'nilla antics from that moment on "

Happy days Elcee

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

1989 when I was 18.

We lived together for 8 years and separated in 1997 after we graduated.

» Add a new message to this topic