FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Lamest excuse for not turning up

Lamest excuse for not turning up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icker2010 OP   Man  over a year ago

cambs/london/Norfolk

Hi fabbers,

So I've been on this site nearly ten years, swinging for almost twice that time and like many of you I've had some really crap excuses over that time from folks (ok mainly guys!) for not turning up despite seeming genuine. It's especially galling when you go to a lot of effort to organise a party or a meet isn't it so what is the shittest most pathetic excuse you have had for someone not turning up and in my experience this is usually just a short time before they are due?

My favourite was a guy who texted.he was outside but couldn't find the right door when his profile indicated he was on the other side of the country ...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

He had to wait in for a parcel

cambs/london/Norfolk

"He had to wait in for a parcel "

Hehe yeah that's a good one

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When I was on here before with my ex we had 1 guy saying he had gone to wrong street then couldn't find us even though I was waiting outside and another guy said that as he was about to leave his dog had been sick

I'm dead!

Stunk of sweat and raw meat

cambs/london/Norfolk

"When I was on here before with my ex we had 1 guy saying he had gone to wrong street then couldn't find us even though I was waiting outside and another guy said that as he was about to leave his dog had been sick "

Ha yeah they're good too I genuinely has some guy tell me he had to take his budgie to the vets (this was at night) but could I send him pics and he'll come next time .... Yeah that went straight to block

They didnt think id get in touch....so picked the kids up instead....snooze you lose matey boy

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I don't get excuses, they just stand me up.

I did genuinely have to cancel once as I had locked myself in my house. The key broke in the lock

An excuse would be nice! Sudden deathly silence and a newly hidden profile on the day of the meet isn't the best feeling :/

L x

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Goldfish drowned

"I don't get excuses, they just stand me up."

This

I generally meet in one of the local coffee shops so when they stand me up I reach for the laptop and pretend I'm having a working lunch

cambs/london/Norfolk

"They didnt think id get in touch....so picked the kids up instead....snooze you lose matey boy "

cambs/london/Norfolk

"An excuse would be nice! Sudden deathly silence and a newly hidden profile on the day of the meet isn't the best feeling :/

L x"

Yes sadly that's the most common response if you can call it that. Closely followed by blocking you abruptly.

Reminds me of a guy I used to work with..

He didn't come into work one day. His excuse the next day was that. He had left his Windows open that night and his house had filled with fog so couldn't see to get out of the house or find his keys.. haha

cambs/london/Norfolk

"I did genuinely have to cancel once as I had locked myself in my house. The key broke in the lock "

Thing is there are genuine reasons I know life gets in the way of play sometimes but I think a genuine person will explain that and most folks will give them one more chance ...

That he hadnt been able to get away from work but would be able to come that evening.

Which was all well and good but he was 4 hrs late when I got that message and he had been stupid enough to post a veri which said....what a saturday afternoon. Im still panting etc etc

He had found a better fab meet on his way to mine.

cambs/london/Norfolk

"I don't get excuses, they just stand me up."

Their loss ;+)

cambs/london/Norfolk

"That he hadnt been able to get away from work but would be able to come that evening.

Which was all well and good but he was 4 hrs late when I got that message and he had been stupid enough to post a veri which said....what a saturday afternoon. Im still panting etc etc

He had found a better fab meet on his way to mine. "

Ah the old I've had a better offer eh

What a bastard

I feel sorry for the number of Grandma's who suddenly die just before a meet. Lesson to be learned: if you have a grandma with a dodgy ticker don't post a meet. We all know the outcome!

cambs/london/Norfolk

"I feel sorry for the number of Grandma's who suddenly die just before a meet. Lesson to be learned: if you have a grandma with a dodgy ticker don't post a meet. We all know the outcome!"

"That he hadnt been able to get away from work but would be able to come that evening.

He had found a better fab meet on his way to mine. "

I got stood up by a guy and rang him from the pub we'd arranged to meet in. He was still in bed with the woman he'd met the night before. He invited me round to join in. I declined.

"I don't get excuses, they just stand me up.

Their loss ;+)"

Doesn't feel like that when I'm sat in the pub on my tod.

"

I got stood up by a guy and rang him from the pub we'd arranged to meet in. He was still in bed with the woman he'd met the night before. He invited me round to join in. I declined."

God what kind of stud did he think he was?!?!??!?!?!?

"I did genuinely have to cancel once as I had locked myself in my house. The key broke in the lock

Thing is there are genuine reasons I know life gets in the way of play sometimes but I think a genuine person will explain that and most folks will give them one more chance ...

"

Agreed, there are genuine reasons and things happen.

On the other hand some do tell way too many fibs on fabs.

"

I got stood up by a guy and rang him from the pub we'd arranged to meet in. He was still in bed with the woman he'd met the night before. He invited me round to join in. I declined.

"

To be fair, he had a fantastic profile and pics. Just goes to show...

cambs/london/Norfolk

"I don't get excuses, they just stand me up.

Their loss ;+)

Doesn't feel like that when I'm sat in the pub on my tod."

I know that feeling too but it really is their loss .. they've passed up the chance to get to know a sexy woman and if you click it could lead to sex magic .. yeah it really is their loss

cambs/london/Norfolk

"

To be fair, he had a fantastic profile and pics. Just goes to show..."

Goes to show he's up his own arse

He had found a better fab meet on his way to mine.

I got stood up by a guy and rang him from the pub we'd arranged to meet in. He was still in bed with the woman he'd met the night before. He invited me round to join in. I declined."

Very similar thing happened to me.

He fancied himself as a bit of a player. In truth, he was way out of his depth.

I didnt decline. I played along. Fed his ego

THEN went for the throat

Egotistical cunt

He even made me say the grown up words, and I'm usually such a lady

Ive never actually had a no-show, or a late cancellation. Think I've been lucky, some of these sound horrendous!

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

My very first fab meet I was waiting in a pub and got a text to say he'd lost his shoe. Then ten minutes later that he'd found it but missed his train in the process.

I believed him, got a book out to entertain myself and got a couple of pints in. He arrived thirty minutes later and didn't even have to go the bar first. I think losing a shoe constitutes a lame excuse, even if it was the truth.

cambs/london/Norfolk

"My very first fab meet I was waiting in a pub and got a text to say he'd lost his shoe. Then ten minutes later that he'd found it but missed his train in the process.

I believed him, got a book out to entertain myself and got a couple of pints in. He arrived thirty minutes later and didn't even have to go the bar first. I think losing a shoe constitutes a lame excuse, even if it was the truth."

Agree but he turned up lol.

cambs/london/Norfolk

"Ive never actually had a no-show, or a late cancellation. Think I've been lucky, some of these sound horrendous!"

You're lucky hope it stays that way for you

» Add a new message to this topic