FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Petrol stations

Petrol stations

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elma and Shaggy OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bedworth

The thread about putting petrol into a diesel car got me thinking. Does anyone else HATE going to the petrol station?

I passed my driving test in may and have only filled my car up once I really dislike it. Fortunately I don't travel far and only fill up once a month at the most. However, I am a bit naughty. I've told hubby he can drive my car tomorrow and fill it up on the way home

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't bother me. What is it about petrol stations you don't like

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I don't mind filling up it's the end bit when they want paying really fucks me off

By *3xyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

swingers town

I hate if when people fill up and go in and start doing weekly shopping. And when the walk out like they got the time in the world. Fucking get moving I want to fill up and get out of her.

"I don't mind filling up it's the end bit when they want paying really fucks me off"

Same

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I hate if when people fill up and go in and start doing weekly shopping. And when the walk out like they got the time in the world. Fucking get moving I want to fill up and get out of her. "
oh god that really winds me up, that's the worst thing they ever did was put a shop there

"I don't mind filling up it's the end bit when they want paying really fucks me off"

Me Too..

"I hate if when people fill up and go in and start doing weekly shopping. And when the walk out like they got the time in the world. Fucking get moving I want to fill up and get out of her. "

Too true them tesco express garages are deadly

"I want to fill up and get out of her. "

Me too.

I normally drive mine till it's fumes before filling up. Just such a faff to stand there pumping away

Yes!! I hate it and I've no idea why. I put it off sometimes...which is ridiculous. Glad it's not just me.

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"I don't mind filling up it's the end bit when they want paying really fucks me off

Same "

Bloody cheek of it

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

I know lots of people who send the other half out to fill up the car, I find it strange very strange.

By *ocks99Man  over a year ago

Reading

"I normally drive mine till it's fumes before filling up. Just such a faff to stand there pumping away "

Cut it fine today, put 76 litres in a 70 litre tank :o

I love it. I love the smell of the petrol. I always went with my dad to fill up my mum's car on a Sunday evening.

not bothered - has to be done -

By *eplicant JoWoman  over a year ago

Sussex countryside

I hate it, I dont like the smell and I find the hose too heavy. I always try and get someone else to do it for me

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

When I passed my test and got my first car I didn't know how the pumps worked and got my best mate to come with me the first time to show me how to do it lol.

I try and fill up once a month when I've been paid, occasionally I do need a top up though. It's a pain in the arse because the petrol station near me is always really busy

"I normally drive mine till it's fumes before filling up. Just such a faff to stand there pumping away

Cut it fine today, put 76 litres in a 70 litre tank :o

"

I've worked out I can get to work and back twice with the petrol light on

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

If you hate filling up with petrol go out and buy an electric car.

By *aul1973HullMan  over a year ago

East Hull

I hate it when the person in front of me at the CARD pump, payes in the kiosk and brings the quick lane to a standstill while they decide what snacks to buy.

i like it in the summer when my boss picks up all my fuel costs...not so much off season when i have to dip into my own wallet

Exactly, they get in their car, and you think great off they go... But no, they sit, put on seat belt, fanny about, fanny around some more then slowly, not quickly, but slowly pull away. Probably stopping at least twice before they actually move. Lol

Deep breath

"I know lots of people who send the other half out to fill up the car, I find it strange very strange. "

Me too to be fair....

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I really dislike it for no good reason.

Bring back attendants who do it for you, wearing revealing clothing.

At the nearest petrol station to me I have 3 pet hates, the first is waiting for the staff to hit the button so the pump works, the second the whole station coming to a stand still every time some one wants to fill a can not a car whilst staff rush out to check its suitable and the third at rush hour when the place is rammed youve one person on a till and 2 others stacking shelves, the queue of cars is out the forecourt before the 1 on tills has to actually ask one of the seemingly dopey staff members to come and help clear the queue...and breathe. L x

[Removed by poster at 16/09/17 06:52:13]

I giggle my ass off at the folk who wait for the pump on the same side as their filling receptacle when just about every station has hoses that reach both sides. I'm in, refuelled, picked up a ginsters, flirted with the attendant, paid up, and still drive away before some have even got out their cars.

"I giggle my ass off at the folk who wait for the pump on the same side as their filling receptacle when just about every station has hoses that reach both sides. I'm in, refuelled, picked up a ginsters, flirted with the attendant, paid up, and still drive away before some have even got out their cars. "

i know - my old peugeot was a bit of a struggle to reach for some reason - my ka is pipsqueak -

"I giggle my ass off at the folk who wait for the pump on the same side as their filling receptacle when just about every station has hoses that reach both sides. I'm in, refuelled, picked up a ginsters, flirted with the attendant, paid up, and still drive away before some have even got out their cars.

i know - my old peugeot was a bit of a struggle to reach for some reason - my ka is pipsqueak - "

Do you name it?

Bedworth

"If you hate filling up with petrol go out and buy an electric car."

Funny you should say that, I have been researching them recently. Would be a shame to give up my gorgeous little mx5 though

I like running mine till the miles left display gets to zero then I panic and fill up

Bedworth

"I like running mine till the miles left display gets to zero then I panic and fill up "

Hubby once managed to get a company vehicle he was driving to read -70 miles left

I fill my tank about 8 times a year and that more than covers my annual millage .....

I try to avoid fuel stations that serve as mini markets and coffee shops..... but if need must I go fill up during the day when it's quiet ....

I wont queue ..... Sox doesn't queue

"I normally drive mine till it's fumes before filling up. Just such a faff to stand there pumping away "

Are we still talking about fuelling?

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

By *r on the EdgeMan  over a year ago

accrington

I fill up 3 times a week, so not really got a choice!

By *rrol.BMan  over a year ago

Wrexham

You really shouldn't be letting your car get to near empty before filling up. It pulls all the crud at the bottom of your tank through the system and can play hell with the fuel filters, especially if the weather is cold.

You should aim at never letting it drop below half a tank ideally.

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"If you hate filling up with petrol go out and buy an electric car."

Oh yes, that's such an easy solution. We've all got charging points at home and 20k+ in the bank to do this

"I like running mine till the miles left display gets to zero then I panic and fill up

Hubby once managed to get a company vehicle he was driving to read -70 miles left "

Now that's impressive! Both on the side of the car and your husbands bravery

Bedworth

"I like running mine till the miles left display gets to zero then I panic and fill up

Hubby once managed to get a company vehicle he was driving to read -70 miles left

Now that's impressive! Both on the side of the car and your husbands bravery "

Bravery or stupidity? I'm not quite sure which

Now that's impressive! Both on the side of the car and your husbands bravery

Bravery or stupidity? I'm not quite sure which "

I'll say bravery-assuming he didn't run out!

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

my mum who was 84 when she died never once put petrol in her car

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I fill up 1/2 tank after visiting supermarket. That lasts me a while as my commute is not far. Any more than that and the weight of fuel can mean slightly less mpg.

I hate those petrol stations that won't let you in at night. You have to pay at the window to protect the six foot tall,burly young man at the till from being robbed by the little lady trucker who is busting for a wee and wants a coffee and a sandwich.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Haven't read the whole thread so soz if this has been said.

My big bugbear is assholes who can't decide which pump to choose and are paranoid that someone else may actually get their fuel before them.

So instead of picking a pump and sticking to it they block the entrance to the station by sitting their waiting for a pump to become free.

Stopping everyone else behind being able to enter the station, usually causing traffic in the road behind.

PICK A PUMP AND STICK TO IT YOU FUCKING MORON,TRY LOOKING IN YOUR MIRROR OCCASIONALLY YOUR NOT THE ONLY PERSON ON THE ROAD .

Twats.

[Removed by poster at 16/09/17 14:03:31]

I don't visit much as my weekly fivers worth of fuel lasts FOREVER..

"I hate those petrol stations that won't let you in at night. You have to pay at the window to protect the six foot tall,burly young man at the till from being robbed by the little lady trucker who is busting for a wee and wants a coffee and a sandwich."

I also hate motorway service areas that stink of urine. There's some lazy bstrds about.

"I hate it, I dont like the smell and I find the hose too heavy. I always try and get someone else to do it for me "
??

"I hate if when people fill up and go in and start doing weekly shopping. And when the walk out like they got the time in the world. Fucking get moving I want to fill up and get out of her.

Exactly, they get in their car, and you think great off they go... But no, they sit, put on seat belt, fanny about, fanny around some more then slowly, not quickly, but slowly pull away. Probably stopping at least twice before they actually move. Lol

Deep breath "

checking their hair and make up lol

"If you hate filling up with petrol go out and buy an electric car.

Funny you should say that, I have been researching them recently. Would be a shame to give up my gorgeous little mx5 though"

I want a model S Tesla, but they're so damn expensive

"Haven't read the whole thread so soz if this has been said.

My big bugbear is assholes who can't decide which pump to choose and are paranoid that someone else may actually get their fuel before them.

So instead of picking a pump and sticking to it they block the entrance to the station by sitting their waiting for a pump to become free.

Stopping everyone else behind being able to enter the station, usually causing traffic in the road behind.

PICK A PUMP AND STICK TO IT YOU FUCKING MORON,TRY LOOKING IN YOUR MIRROR OCCASIONALLY YOUR NOT THE ONLY PERSON ON THE ROAD .

Twats."

i 2nd that

Cost of fuels hiking up again

"I hate it, I dont like the smell and I find the hose too heavy. I always try and get someone else to do it for me ??"
a lot a pervs hangabout the loos in the motorway services apparently.

» Add a new message to this topic