FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Chicken curry recipe please

Chicken curry recipe please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I do batch cooking for the winter. Im looking for a good medium chicken curry recipe. The idea is to cook a massive batch of curry and freeze individual portions.

Anyone got a good recipe they'd like to share?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

pataks curry pastes are great

By *aul1973HullMan  over a year ago

East Hull

There's a nice guy on here who taught me how to cook rice properly, hopefully he'll spot this thread and be able to help.

By *ak777Man  over a year ago

shaw

hi just cook the curry sauce freeze,then add any chicken meat fish veg when you defrost ,make the curry with curry powder madras or milder to hot up add chilli powder lots of tomato puree lentils paprika turmeric star anise to your own taste

Not keen on curry recipes, more of an intuitive cook but Patak's are okay, just pump them with extra chillies and garlic or ginger to taste.

Chickpea curry recipe if you want it.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I make Thai red chicken curry and lemongrass and coriander rice

I make a Thai green curry using a Jamie Oliver recipe on YouTube and a Honey and Mustard recipe which is great for bulk cooking

By *rMrs-Luv-ItCouple  over a year ago

cwmbranish

I have a Indian takeaway number if you'd like lol

I've got a great recipe for a chicken and potato curry, it's a slimming world one and it's lush, give me a shout if you want to try it out

"I do batch cooking for the winter. Im looking for a good medium chicken curry recipe. The idea is to cook a massive batch of curry and freeze individual portions.

Anyone got a good recipe they'd like to share? "

You'll want to cook all the spices down with the onion at the start and that will improve any recipe instantly

Slimming world website has some awesome recipes, hotter than you think and all good stuff

Slimming world website has some awesome recipes, hotter than you think and all good stuff

"There's a nice guy on here who taught me how to cook rice properly, hopefully he'll spot this thread and be able to help."

Not the guy but.

Wash 1 cup rice and let it soak, get rid of the starch.

Then add one and a half cup water, salt and a bit of butter.

Bring to a boil, give it a good stir. Take it off the heat and seal it to keep the steam in (wrap a teatowel over the lid, pop it back on) either leave the heat on 1 or just take it off. Give it fifteen more minutes and you're welcome.

As for a curry.

Fry onions and garlic with salt. Brown it. Add a bunch of spice ( chili powder and garam masala with maybe a touch of tumeric. Or any other thing you fancy) let the spices cook through.

Add chopped tomatoes. Bam. Curry paste.

Now add potatoes, veg and or meat of your fancy.

Let me know how you get on. Currys are simple to make but take practice to make well.

By *aul1973HullMan  over a year ago

East Hull

"There's a nice guy on here who taught me how to cook rice properly, hopefully he'll spot this thread and be able to help.

Not the guy but.

Wash 1 cup rice and let it soak, get rid of the starch.

Then add one and a half cup water, salt and a bit of butter.

Bring to a boil, give it a good stir. Take it off the heat and seal it to keep the steam in (wrap a teatowel over the lid, pop it back on) either leave the heat on 1 or just take it off. Give it fifteen more minutes and you're welcome.

As for a curry.

Fry onions and garlic with salt. Brown it. Add a bunch of spice ( chili powder and garam masala with maybe a touch of tumeric. Or any other thing you fancy) let the spices cook through.

Add chopped tomatoes. Bam. Curry paste.

Now add potatoes, veg and or meat of your fancy.

Let me know how you get on. Currys are simple to make but take practice to make well."

That sounds great, I used to do homemade onion bahjis and raita dip. I'm hungry now.

I've emailed myself and hopefully try it out soon.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I've been cooking ma own curries for years. Spicy doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be hot. If you have a mortar & pestle, then grind your own spice mix and marinate the meat (preferably overnight), that brings out the full flavour. If you are having chicken then you are best off using thigh as they are not as dry as breast.

I love spicy lamb curries, but beef buffad is my speciality

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"There's a nice guy on here who taught me how to cook rice properly, hopefully he'll spot this thread and be able to help."

Did he specify which type of rice though

Mayflower curry , can buy in medium or extra spicy , makes an unreal curry , try it in slow cooker and even better

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"There's a nice guy on here who taught me how to cook rice properly, hopefully he'll spot this thread and be able to help.

Did he specify which type of rice though "

Try some cauliflower in the rice as well, best off buying it fresh and only par boiling it. Mix it in with the rice and add a bit of ground saffron.

» Add a new message to this topic