FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > OCD

OCD

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just watched a program about OCD i think we all have things we check over and over again.I cant rest at night until i know a door to my middle room is shut. Does any one else have a habit or obsession.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Light switches. I can't just turn them off, has to be off, on, off

X

Glad i am not alone.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Yes mine is goimg back to the flat when I get to the car to check the door is locked and double checking car door is locked.We are all a bit obsessive in someway I think

it's all in the mind. something stupid what you do what usually comes from fear

Dont think its fear in everyone just habits.

"Dont think its fear in everyone just habits."

in most cases people do these rituals in fear of some bad happening or going wrong

i cared for a guy with massive ocd issues -life was very tough for him

I have OCD, I had cognitive behavioural therapy for it and was also on antidepressants.

The antidepressants wasn't because I was suicidal as I'm a happy soul but they are meant to help peeps with it when bad.

I have had it right from a child and it comes and goes, its quite mild at the moment when at it's worst I'm terrible, I can check a door is locked that many times I end up not going out, once didn't go out for 4 months because of it.

I'm terrible with the idea of germs from hands, never held my sons hand since he was about 6 months old and he's 16 now, also there is no chance I will touch things like shopping trolleys, traffic light buttons and so on and public transport is an absolute no no.

I have ever so slight tourettes also, just a rare word blurted out now and then that shocks me as much as anyone around as so rare.

It's good for Shaz though as I won't let her do no cleaning or washing or anything as I like to do it so I know it's done right

Tony

Thankyou for sharing that Tony.x

Really want to change the title to CDO.

OCD is a term that is bounded about way too freely.

I get called it because I enjoy cleaning! I like things to be in their place and sometimes in a certain order.

I don't have OCD. Ocd is a mental illness where the sufferer fears there will be a bad consiquence if they don't do these things.

Just because you have habits, doesn't mean you have OCD.

I have to check my back door 3 times before I go out, once to lock it, twice to go back and check it's locked. XXX

By *ack_at_the_farm....Man  over a year ago

woodhall spa

Any of you ever watched sleeping with the enemy?

"OCD is a term that is bounded about way too freely.

I get called it because I enjoy cleaning! I like things to be in their place and sometimes in a certain order.

I don't have OCD. Ocd is a mental illness where the sufferer fears there will be a bad consiquence if they don't do these things.

Just because you have habits, doesn't mean you have OCD. "

Couldn't agree more.

Although I don't have any habits/rituals, OCD is massively misunderstood

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

My pegs have to match on the items of clothes I hang on the line.

I have two styles of plastic pegs in various colours. It's the only OCD I've ever experienced

The television volume always has to be on an even number.

"The television volume always has to be on an even number. "

Mine has to be in multiples of 5, real annoying when volume 10 is to quite and volume 15 is to loud!

I have some daft rituals...

Radio and TV volumes have to be even numbers

After stirring tea/coffee I tap the spoon on the rim 3 times

Can't sleep without an orgasm...

Mine is checking that my husband's cock is not covered in some girls cum . Just kidding. I could get out of bed 3 or 4 times to check the doors are locked

"I could get out of bed 3 or 4 times to check the doors are locked "

It's annoying isn't it, all nice, warm and comfortable then have to get out to do something

I think everyone has a bit of this as how many of us check we switched oven off or put kettle on or locked car door .Or might be just me .

Needs to be clarified more often.

I struggle with it, for example I will compulsively wash my hands when touching any food item, not just the obvious stuff like meat - but safe stuff like apples, bananas, peppers...

This stems not from my own personal hygiene, but from a concern I will cause a society wide epidemic by not washing my hands and then going out in public.

I leaves me with permanently dry hands which get chapped in winter, especially if I cannot use CBT to work around it.

I also shower for long time compulsively as I have a fear of being socially isolated publicly or at work for not being clean, and tidy enough.

Mine compulsions are not excessively disruptive though, I dated a girl once who couldn't leave the house without ensuring that all pens and pencils were either in a draw or arranged in a set way for fear that if the weren't, the house would catch fire.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It showed some tragic cases. I've got some tiny elements, on the 'normal' part of the spectrum.

Just because you have habits, doesn't mean you have OCD.

Needs to be clarified more often.

I struggle with it, for example I will compulsively wash my hands when touching any food item, not just the obvious stuff like meat - but safe stuff like apples, bananas, peppers...

This stems not from my own personal hygiene, but from a concern I will cause a society wide epidemic by not washing my hands and then going out in public.

I leaves me with permanently dry hands which get chapped in winter, especially if I cannot use CBT to work around it.

I also shower for long time compulsively as I have a fear of being socially isolated publicly or at work for not being clean, and tidy enough.

Mine compulsions are not excessively disruptive though, I dated a girl once who couldn't leave the house without ensuring that all pens and pencils were either in a draw or arranged in a set way for fear that if the weren't, the house would catch fire."

Thanks for your honesty . It's very difficult to admit that you have a problem.

This poster is bang on and has OCD. What everyone else is experiencing is habit.

OCD is a compulsion with consiquences attached, generally irrational consiquences and fears.

Think for some it's "fashionable" to say they have it because they have a habit of repeatedly doing something.

I guess it's the same people who claim they have depression or are bipolar. Just because you feel a bit down or you get occasional mood swings does not mean you have a mental illness!

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Any of you ever watched sleeping with the enemy?"
yes seriously scary guy

"Thanks for your honesty . It's very difficult to admit that you have a problem.

This poster is bang on and has OCD. What everyone else is experiencing is habit."

Wish mine was just a habit, wouldn't have to use cream 3 days on my hands if it was from washing them with bleach.

I wake up and I'm straight in the shower.I finish work and I'm straight in the bath.Just before I go to bed I'm straight in the shower.I wash my hands about 50 times a day.I change my clothes 3 times a day.

My bed sheets are changed every day.

I check my doors and light switches and plugs 5 times before I leave the house.

My key has to be facing upwards in the lock when I'm in.

My alarm clock must be level with my phone and hairbrush on my bedside cabinet.

I think I may have slight OCD lol x

"I could get out of bed 3 or 4 times to check the doors are locked

It's annoying isn't it, all nice, warm and comfortable then have to get out to do something "

It is and even climbing back into bed knowing the door is locked bit your gonna get up again in ten minutes to check.

woodhall spa

"I could get out of bed 3 or 4 times to check the doors are locked

It's annoying isn't it, all nice, warm and comfortable then have to get out to do something

It is and even climbing back into bed knowing the door is locked bit your gonna get up again in ten minutes to check. "

Why not take it in turn with hubby then it won't seem so bad ?

By *ornstudMan  over a year ago

alnwick

Got to double check doors sre locked before i go to bed.

By *parkle......Woman  over a year ago

Staffordshire

"Just watched a program about OCD i think we all have things we check over and over again.I cant rest at night until i know a door to my middle room is shut. Does any one else have a habit or obsession."

go and check your middle door you left it opened

Washing my hands!Its a nightmare!

woodhall spa

Since i live in a cell i always feel safe knowing those doors are kept nice and tightly closed for me

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

OCD is so much more than just having a set way of doing things. Sadly it is used too often to describe quirks and idiosyncrasies that people forget how dibilitating it can be.

By *weeSeekoeieCouple  over a year ago

Richmond

Too right. OCD is not a habit, it's far more than that.

» Add a new message to this topic