FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are you into fasion?

Are you into fasion?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was listening to the radio the other day and he was surpriced someone would spend £700 on shoes and other clothes. I am not so into it myself and just get nike or something similar, what about you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wear expensive clothes but dont buy them that often... but i'd say no as im not into my balls getting squashed in a pair skin tight jeans..

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

I once spent 2.50 on a pair of tights and they ripped as soon as I put them on. I now spend more lol it pays to spend that bit extra x

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I'm an asda girl. Can't afford expensive clothes and I think I'd be too afraid of ruining them if I did!

I don't give a chuff about the latest fashions and tbh most of them are ridiculous anyway! I'm a jeans n boots kinda guy

"I don't give a chuff about the latest fashions and tbh most of them are ridiculous anyway! I'm a jeans n boots kinda guy"

builder then

If black jeans, band tees and DMs are currently in fashion then I'm cool. It's a look ice been sporting for 30 years and every now and then I assume I'm cool for a while!

I honestly have no concept of fashion

My fashion style is haute army surplus.

If I really like something I will spend money but not really into shopping. Things I spend on last years too .

By *rightonCheekyMan  over a year ago

Brighton

In my twenties I wore some designer gear but these days I buy my smart stuff from Next as I know it's good quality and fits me well.

Used to but a lot of higher end branded clothes but the fashion for skinny this and that just makes it impossible at my size. Tend to stick to what I can fit into now.

All my wardrobe is designer gear won't wear anthing else.

I haven't really got the budget for designer gear. I mix up some next, Debenhams, Dorothy Perkins and Asda. As long as it looks nice and smart, I treat myself to the odd items that are normally in the sale and I know I can wear many times x

I do like branded items of clothing but I wouldn't pay £700 for a pair of shoes, that's just rediculous and I couldn't justify that

By *eesideMan  over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

"I was listening to the radio the other day and he was surpriced someone would spend £700 on shoes and other clothes. I am not so into it myself and just get nike or something similar, what about you? "

Of cors i am.

Can't you tell by my shirt

"I was listening to the radio the other day and he was surpriced someone would spend £700 on shoes and other clothes. I am not so into it myself and just get nike or something similar, what about you?

Of cors i am.

Can't you tell by my shirt "

GTA - Vice city. You rock it _eeside!!

"I was listening to the radio the other day and he was surpriced someone would spend £700 on shoes and other clothes. I am not so into it myself and just get nike or something similar, what about you?

Of cors i am.

GTA - Vice city. You rock it _eeside!! "

Not played that game but ok

I like the sales, and dare I say charity shops! I'm the third of four girls so used to hand me down clothing

"I don't give a chuff about the latest fashions and tbh most of them are ridiculous anyway! I'm a jeans n boots kinda guy

builder then "

yep!

I love a good sale, not often I'd by something not in a sale.

Having said that I'll contradict myself here by saying I would spend £££ on the red bottomed shoe variety!

Mrsk

I got my shirt for 100 pence

By *90coupleCouple  over a year ago

Carlisle

"I like the sales, and dare I say charity shops! I'm the third of four girls so used to hand me down clothing "

A good charity shop is a precious thing. I do a lot of alterations myself so always manage to make something out of very little

No interest at all but I seem to come back into fashion about every 10 years

By *eady and Willing 9Man  over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

"I was listening to the radio the other day and he was surpriced someone would spend £700 on shoes and other clothes. I am not so into it myself and just get nike or something similar, what about you? "

I'm into fashion but not necercerially English fashion. I get a lot from China as their style is wicked as their stuff is generally fitted-ish so on gym bod they look pretty cool plus I'm very unlikely to see anyone in it and most likely it will be the 1st time any1 has seen it. Olus the prices are decent. Can be a bit expensive but nuting like £700 pounds on shoes. For instance i saw a pair of radii in bank for £200 i think it was,went online and got them for £70. Win win

Times are too tight to be fashion conscious. Plus, I have to wear the same thing for work every day and by the time I get home, it's straight into the slobs kit.

Of cors i am.

Can't you tell by my shirt "

Yes I can, it is a nice shirt too

I have no problem spending £200-300 on a pair of shoes, or quality clothing item, that I know, would last me for many years. I would easily spend more, just can't afford it. But I don't buy designer clothing/shoes. Handmade goodyear welted shoes will last you a lifetime, if taken care properly. Made to measure shirts - seems expensive £50-100, but if you consider cheap shirt, for £25, plus price of getting it fitted, it's similar cost, but you'll never get correct fit, as with made to measure item

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

We try to spend our money on more important things. We are often shocked at the junk they pass off as designer wear at high prices.

"I like the sales, and dare I say charity shops! I'm the third of four girls so used to hand me down clothing

A good charity shop is a precious thing. I do a lot of alterations myself so always manage to make something out of very little "

I have to admit I love a good rummage, some amazing stuff out there.

Of cors i am.

Yes I can, it is a nice shirt too "

Hopeing to get sum mor arley next year wen the Margate meltdown turns up agen as thay always have a Hawaiian shirt stall but befor I've always been working wen it shows up and by the time i finish its paking up.

I love expensive shoes like Christian Loubution and they are a bit of an obsession of mine.

Charity shops are amazing. My best finds have been in these shops. Vintage corsets etc . Love them.

Mrs has a few Louis Vuitton bags. One is 26 years old. They're expensive to stand the test of time

A £650 bag isn't really that bad when it lasts that long.

The cheap ones for around £30 barely last a year before falling bits.

Personally I don't wear designer clothes, I do like a Swiss watch though and won't bother with designer brand watches

By *igJandTheBlondeCouple  over a year ago

Kings Hill

I spend more money on underwear and fancy dress than real life clothes

I'm eBay, charity shop and sales for day to day stuff, I'm a brilliant bargain hunter!!

Blonde

Kings Hill

"I have no problem spending £200-300 on a pair of shoes, or quality clothing item, that I know, would last me for many years. I would easily spend more, just can't afford it. But I don't buy designer clothing/shoes. Handmade goodyear welted shoes will last you a lifetime, if taken care properly. Made to measure shirts - seems expensive £50-100, but if you consider cheap shirt, for £25, plus price of getting it fitted, it's similar cost, but you'll never get correct fit, as with made to measure item"

#shoeobsessed!

You wear it well! X

And She's in fashion

Ouh ouh ouuh

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Primark normally but I do like the odd retro addidas trainers and jackets

Not at all. I buy what looks good on me and usually in the sales.

Only thing I do spend decent money on is watches. I have a collection going but they never really go out of fashion and are the only piece of jewellery I wear.

Labels schmables..

Fact is that the majority of clothes we buy are mass produced in factories in China or Taiwan..

Fact..

Your Gucchi Jeans on the same production line as Primari.

The saddest whores to me are label whores. Get a grip. Who cares, it don't make you a better or more interesting person..

Of cors i am.

Yes I can, it is a nice shirt too

Hopeing to get sum mor arley next year wen the Margate meltdown turns up agen as thay always have a Hawaiian shirt stall but befor I've always been working wen it shows up and by the time i finish its paking up. "

Nice one pal and yes, get more of those at margate.

"I have no problem spending £200-300 on a pair of shoes, or quality clothing item, that I know, would last me for many years. I would easily spend more, just can't afford it. But I don't buy designer clothing/shoes. Handmade goodyear welted shoes will last you a lifetime, if taken care properly. Made to measure shirts - seems expensive £50-100, but if you consider cheap shirt, for £25, plus price of getting it fitted, it's similar cost, but you'll never get correct fit, as with made to measure item

#shoeobsessed!

You wear it well! X"

Yes, I am!

On the hunt for next pair

I am very much a shopaholic. I go to America a few times a year and tend to get most of my clothes there. Some are designer label and some aren't. In the UK I would shop for work things in somewhere like Hobbs as it's worth paying more for classic pieces.

Anyone can buy the latest fashion trends, but style on the other hand you can't buy. Style is the ability to mix a signature top end brand with high street buys. Your Hermes with your H&M's. Your Prada's with Pull & Bear's. Fashion is the relationship to the external. Style is the relationship to the internal. Fashion distracts, style connects.

Kings Hill

"I have no problem spending £200-300 on a pair of shoes, or quality clothing item, that I know, would last me for many years. I would easily spend more, just can't afford it. But I don't buy designer clothing/shoes. Handmade goodyear welted shoes will last you a lifetime, if taken care properly. Made to measure shirts - seems expensive £50-100, but if you consider cheap shirt, for £25, plus price of getting it fitted, it's similar cost, but you'll never get correct fit, as with made to measure item

#shoeobsessed!

You wear it well! X

Yes, I am!

On the hunt for next pair "

Not surprised ??????

[Removed by poster at 14/09/17 21:53:26]

My problem is simply I need two sets of clothes. So I kinda try to look on line a lot. Or I have kinda been lucky in the last few weeks, me and a friend got some nice dresses in sales.

But my male jeans M&S with my old dm boot's. But yet again I got a nice pair of green DMs that I wear for both of me on sale for next to nothing last month

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

Does Go Outdoors count as fasion???

"Does Go Outdoors count as fasion???

"

as long as you stay outdoors, it doesn't

I'm still wearing t-shirts I wore in college! Never been into fashion and neither has the Mr.

not at all - for one thing never had the money to spend that way - what i have i choose carefully - i get many bargains in fact i rarely pay full price for anything - a close friend gave me some money once to buy a pair of jeans with as id lost weight and needed new- i ended up with a pair in the asda sale for a tenner and loads of other stuff -

"not at all - for one thing never had the money to spend that way - what i have i choose carefully - i get many bargains in fact i rarely pay full price for anything - a close friend gave me some money once to buy a pair of jeans with as id lost weight and needed new- i ended up with a pair in the asda sale for a tenner and loads of other stuff - "

I noticed your knickers have a hole in the front.. where they on sale also

"not at all - for one thing never had the money to spend that way - what i have i choose carefully - i get many bargains in fact i rarely pay full price for anything - a close friend gave me some money once to buy a pair of jeans with as id lost weight and needed new- i ended up with a pair in the asda sale for a tenner and loads of other stuff -

I noticed your knickers have a hole in the front.. where they on sale also "

they were a bargain - took about 3 weeks to get to mine

Heavens no dear boy

I love design, quality fabrics, natural fibres as well as synthetics... And I quite love shopping in general as well as shopping for bargains.

Back in the day when I was a hedonist into quality drugs (lol... I was pretty softcore for a hedonist imo).. I realised I'd spent untold amounts on getting high with nothing to show for it (as the memories didn't particularly linger what with all the hangovers lol)...

So that helped me justify spending money on clothes, accessories , perfume and shoes. Some expensive items have a life long shelf life, though a lot of high street is made with premeditated obsolescence.

The most I've spent on a single pair of shoes is £350 for a hand made pair off a London College of Fashion Cordwainer graduate... I'm pretty obsessed with handmade things, innovative techniques and visionary designers... It's a bit of an on-going passion of mine...

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Fashion???

What's that mean??

I sometimes used to watch Scrubs. But that was when I only had access to five television channels.

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

Can't beat the Blue Cross sales

I don't care what the label says, or what year...

If I like it and it fits, then that's all I can ask for

I buy most of my clothes in charity shops, I go for good makes and get a good variety. Except for Jeggings and undies but I,m quite tight though and get mostly Asda knickers.

My daughter I buy mainly new, she will only wear tracksuit stuff, I get hers in Sports Direct, I will get her coats second hand but I have a bit of a thing for coats and we have loads of them. XXX

I'm not into labels but I do buy good quality, classic pieces that will last. If I see a dress I like and it looks good, even at £300 I'd buy it. It's not about the label for me, it's about quality and how it looks. I've never been in Primark though

I tend to go to vintage shops, charity shops and online. I have a certain style I like, that mainstream doesn't always adhere to. I wouldn't spend that type of money on myself. There are far better things that I could put it towards .

""

I get my fingerless gloves from one of the high street pound shops.

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

I've never been a fashion icon that's for sure, I will pay as much as I feel the item is worth. Keep it long enough it comes back which means I'm ahead of the game every so often

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Not particularly but have occasionally bought items that we're higher end and priced. I'm a dirty girl, love my garden and outdoors, so great clothes take a bash.

I will spend as much as I think you can pay for quality. Anything after a certain point is obnoxious.

I get most of my clothes from Urban Outfitters and smaller online retailers. I get alot of stuff from illustrators and artists that I meet who sell their prints on clothes.

"

I get my fingerless gloves from one of the high street pound shops."

That is handy and a good price too.

» Add a new message to this topic