FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > iPhone x

iPhone x

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So we all know they are a lot of money, it’s a watershed I guess in a lot of people’s minds a grand, for me that’s car kind of money.

But regardless of that will anyone actually get one, and if you do will you be open about it or try to keep it a secret

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Millions will go out and get one, as always. Me personally? Not a chance. There are far more important things to spend £1000 on than a phone.

No, sod that! Far too much for a phone. If I had a spare grand I'd spend it on something else!

But when you think about it, how many of us just spunk up the cash for a phone, most people get it in a contract.

I guess I’d have to see one before I can decide if I can forgo a holiday for the year in exchange of a phone.

I am due for an upgrade I have an iPhone 6

Which admittedly does everything I want of it

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

No. It's an extra Holiday cost. Get sim only, use the current one for longer and get one with the actual needed spec.

No one is impressed by people flashing new phones . £100 or so a year for a phone is enough

By *uerido55Man  over a year ago

Manchester

"But when you think about it, how many of us just spunk up the cash for a phone, most people get it in a contract.

I guess I’d have to see one before I can decide if I can forgo a holiday for the year in exchange of a phone.

I am due for an upgrade I have an iPhone 6

Which admittedly does everything I want of it"

If the current phone functions properly and does everything you want why would a newer model do everything better and make you more complete?

I don't understand this "must have the latest tech. poser thing".

Does it make better phone calls? Make you 6 inches taller in your selfies? Transform the bad news messages into you've just won the lottery?

No. it's just a phone, a machine, a tool not a mgic wand!

Rant over!

Waste of money in my opinion, I'm contantly surprised by how much people may monthly for a phone then moan about having no money.

By *rightonCheekyMan  over a year ago

Brighton

When smart phones were leaping ahead in technology year on year I could see the point and even then I'd only upgrade every other year. My current phone is a 6s and it does everything I need and more. So no I'll be passing on any upgrade for the foreseeable future.

The next time I'll consider an upgrade is when the 5G networks are rolled out with good coverage as faster network internet would interest me.

Outrageous cost for a mediocre phone in my opinion.

Even on contract, £1000 over 24 months, that's £42 a month just for the phone, then you've got your tarrif ontop of that... bonkers.

Besides, the face recognition is gonna play havoc with a lot of ladies... they won't be able to unlock it when they take their make-up off

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

"When smart phones were leaping ahead in technology year on year I could see the point and even then I'd only upgrade every other year. My current phone is a 6s and it does everything I need and more. So no I'll be passing on any upgrade for the foreseeable future.

The next time I'll consider an upgrade is when the 5G networks are rolled out with good coverage as faster network internet would interest me."

I normally buy the latest flagship iPhone - however I am debating weather to go with x or 8+, I can't justify price for x but really like it. If I can get a decent price to sell 6s 128gb then that is fine.

I was hoping the x was going to have 512 rather than 256. I don't mind 256 but that would have been the deal sealer.

Also with having to look at phone to unlock means I can switch it on and off when looking at laptop - I think therefore 8+ maybe the way to go for next 2 years.

Is hoping that three can announce price plans sometime today for all 3, but it appears that non of phone companies have price plans - maybe an embargo or still calculating profit margins

"

If the current phone functions properly and does everything you want why would a newer model do everything better and make you more complete?

I don't understand this "must have the latest tech. poser thing".

Does it make better phone calls? Make you 6 inches taller in your selfies? Transform the bad news messages into you've just won the lottery?

No. it's just a phone, a machine, a tool not a mgic wand!

Rant over!"

I hardly ever use my phone to make phone calls so making better phone calls is irrelevant, I do use it as a means of accessing internet, I’m writing this post on my phone. A bigger better screen would be an advantage.

Also things actually wear out, phones included software becomes bigger and requires a more powerful processor (the same is true of PC’s) this phone is less of a pleasure to use than it was, it’s slow which is frustrating and the battery had degraded. Plus after 2 years I’m board, a phone is a toy but it’s also a toy.

People sometimes just like a change

"Outrageous cost for a mediocre phone in my opinion.

Even on contract, £1000 over 24 months, that's £42 a month just for the phone, then you've got your tarrif ontop of that... bonkers.

Besides, the face recognition is gonna play havoc with a lot of ladies... they won't be able to unlock it when they take their make-up off "

apparently it can handle that kind of thing, as well as if a guy grows a beard

Fuck paying that for a phone. Paid £140 for the one I've got now and it's nearly lasted me a year. Had an iPhone before this too and they're not all that.

I’m not saying anyone should buy one, I’m asking if anyone will.

Also, I’m asking if it’s possible that people will buy one and be embarrassed and not admit it.

It’s clear that there isn’t a lot of love for the price, is it possible that people might keep the purchase a secret for fear of criticism

Brighton

"I’m not saying anyone should buy one, I’m asking if anyone will.

Also, I’m asking if it’s possible that people will buy one and be embarrassed and not admit it.

It’s clear that there isn’t a lot of love for the price, is it possible that people might keep the purchase a secret for fear of criticism "

How can you keep it secret? Leave it in the box at home and never use it, never be seen in public with it?

It’s clear that there isn’t a lot of love for the price, is it possible that people might keep the purchase a secret for fear of criticism "

Most iPhone users love to brag that they've got an iPhone, the iPhone x will just add fuel to the fire lol

It’s clear that there isn’t a lot of love for the price, is it possible that people might keep the purchase a secret for fear of criticism

How can you keep it secret? Leave it in the box at home and never use it, never be seen in public with it? "

Obviously if some one sees you with it they will be able to tell.

But I have no idea what phone you are using yet we have still interacted, likewise all the other people on these forums or Facebook or twitter or any of the other public forums most of us use our phones to access.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Most iPhone users love to brag that they've got an iPhone, the iPhone x will just add fuel to the fire lol"

Yes we do, but then I brag that I have a mac, watch, iPad, Apple TV, as well

They are not latest versions but they are good enough

Mac 2011

Watch series 1

iPad Pro 9.7

Apple TV - 4th gen latest

iPhone 6s

Most iPhone users love to brag that they've got an iPhone, the iPhone x will just add fuel to the fire lol

Mac 2011

Watch series 1

iPad Pro 9.7

iPhone 6s

"

Blimey all the toys

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

Merton

You know with a grand you can get a very good phone for 2 years contract paid fully, a nice camera, a car and a few dinner dates in between.

Mac 2011

Watch series 1

iPad Pro 9.7

iPhone 6s

"

And there's my point proven

Little do they know it's much easier to brag about the dollar I saved purchasing alternatives that do exactly the same

A grand is a lot of money

But then again I probably use my phone more than any other thing that I own

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

Merton

The thing about Apple is that even though their price are expensive they are innovative and taking risks and all their gadget integrate with each other which raise another question. Why should I get ipad when it is an iphone and macbook?

I have a 128gb 6s and a 32gb 5s and as both work fine I just downgraded my price plan from £65 a month to £25

Brighton

"I have a 128gb 6s and a 32gb 5s and as both work fine I just downgraded my price plan from £65 a month to £25 "

Yeah I'm now sim only it's so cheap plus the resale values on apple stuff is higher too when you do decide to upgrade less often

» Add a new message to this topic