FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Help, buying a new car. Need advice

Help, buying a new car. Need advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Peurgout 3008 new 2017 model. I really like the test drive. Cool looking. Cool gadgets. But any one here own the car... what's its like after a while? Would you recommend something else for me to look at?

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Test drive a new focus 1st. You can thank me later

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Test drive a new focus 1st. You can thank me later "

I should also mention the 1500 litre space with the back seats down is highly useful for my work.

So I need a big boot also. Again why I was looking at this one

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Stay away from anything French. And English. Go for Japanese

After 18 years of driving and owning 34 cars, I can recommend the Honda Civic type R. Only car if ever had with nothing going wrong and longest I've owned one too, a year and a half! Great fun to drive!

Ps, I take no responsibility if you get one and end up with points on your licence for speeding

Dont buy French. Poor reliability and expensive when they go wrong... and they will go wrong. We have them as company cars, after switching from Ford. They have been nothing but trouble

By *atcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

"Dont buy French. Poor reliability and expensive when they go wrong... and they will go wrong. We have them as company cars, after switching from Ford. They have been nothing but trouble"

I've got a Volvo..... so if you want to be like me.... get a Volvo....

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

My mum is disabled and has a car through the motability scheme. The previous car she had was a 3008, the old model.

It was an absolute dog to drive. No matter how much I adjusted the seat I couldn't see over the bonnet properly.

The stop/start technology was dodgy. It either wouldn't start up again when you needed it to or didn't stop when it was meant to. We ended up turning it off.

We had an automatic and the gearbox was shite. Gear change was sluggish and it felt like the car was going to stall.

If Peugeot offered me another 3008 free of charge I would probably turn them down.

By *mm and HerCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

When I had my Peugeot, it practically started falling apart as I left the show room. That said, I've heard reliability has improved significantly (I guess the only way is up...). And certain parts were excellent- best air con of any car I've ever driven. And ultimately you have to go with your heart as well as your head!

More practically, shop around even if you're going to buy from a main dealer. Get quotes from drivethedeal, broadspeed, coastal cars etc.

After a few minutes silence looking at my spreadsheet of an exact like for like quote, they matched the price. 15% off a new, in demand model which had a waiting list. The older the model, the more stock, the bigger the savings.

Good luck!

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

3008 is nice. We have a couple that we have occasional use of at work & I like them. Nissan Qashqai may be worth a look as well. I've driven French cars in the past for many hundreds of thousands of miles and never had any issues. The usual rubbish spouted about huge repair bills head simply not been true. I wouldn't recommend Renault though as I have had experience of a couple of their problem cars.

» Add a new message to this topic