FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Profile advice for women

Profile advice for women

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Seems to be a lot of shite profiles out there in FabLand.

What would you like to see on women's profiles? Can you help them improve their profiles so they *might* get some interest?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Seems to be a lot of shite profiles out there in FabLand.

What would you like to see on women's profiles? Can you help them improve their profiles so they *might* get some interest? "

Haha

As long as a woman has a profile it doesn't need photos, text or even stats. She'll still get lots of interest.

More pics. If you've got room for 50 pictures, why do you only have 3 on view and one is a shoe?

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Tits

I can't see how anyone would think a profile without any pics (not just face ones) or any sort of meaningful intro would be anything other than fake. Not just on here either, POF & Tinder are littered with them.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

What would you like to see on women's profiles? Can you help them improve their profiles so they *might* get some interest? "

Mines complete poo... But deliberately so lol. More a case of reducing the amount of interest than trying to get more. I had a lengthy profile outlining exactly what I wanted but got inundated with messages from guys who didn't match the criteria anyway... So why bother?

This place boggles the brain at the best of times

What would you like to see on women's profiles? Can you help them improve their profiles so they *might* get some interest?

Mines complete poo... But deliberately so lol. More a case of reducing the amount of interest than trying to get more. I had a lengthy profile outlining exactly what I wanted but got inundated with messages from guys who didn't match the criteria anyway... So why bother? "

Exactly xx

Thank goodness I made coffee ...

Now ... are we going to get some serious answers ??

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

I guess a lot of single women don't pay much attention to their profiles, as they'll be swamped with messages regardless. In fact, I know from ladies we know, they often purposely put very little.

That's also a shame, because the decent people who they are looking for, probably won't bother messaging a bare profile. So they get all the dross messages and none of the decent ones.

Good luck girls, we know it can be a minefield out there xx

By *rightonCheekyMan  over a year ago

Brighton

I like a ladies profile that clearly states what she wants without reading like a huge list of demands, or anti men (if she's looking for men of course) If she comes across as playful and fun it's a big tick. To me the sexiest human organ is the mind and if I don't think those will click then I'm less interested.

"I like a ladies profile that clearly states what she wants without reading like a huge list of demands, or anti men (if she's looking for men of course) If she comes across as playful and fun it's a big tick. To me the sexiest human organ is the mind and if I don't think those will click then I'm less interested."

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think it's fairly true that women don't necessarily need to have any kind of decent profile on here to generate interest as there will always be men who will message them in the hope of getting a shag regardless.

For me though I always look for some semblance of effort to have been made with a profile, regardless of gender, not only to guard against fakes but to have my interest piqued - if no effort has been made then it just doesn't do that.

So I look for the same things I advise anyone looking for profile critique to have - a well written blurb that outlines who they are and what they're looking for, accompanied by a decent set of pics that at least gives some semblance of idea as to what the owner may look like (even if it doesn't include a face

i get told mine is ok - recent pics always on show - i send lovely messages as well most of the time- bloody hell im just bob on

"I can't see how anyone would think a profile without any pics (not just face ones) or any sort of meaningful intro would be anything other than fake. Not just on here either, POF & Tinder are littered with them."

Bare profiles would just require a lot of questions.

Fancy a fuck? When? Where?

And then people get arsy when I copy and paste that?

By *ussexcouple40Couple  over a year ago

Sussex

"I guess a lot of single women don't pay much attention to their profiles, as they'll be swamped with messages regardless. In fact, I know from ladies we know, they often purposely put very little.

That's also a shame, because the decent people who they are looking for, probably won't bother messaging a bare profile. So they get all the dross messages and none of the decent ones.

"

Perfectly put

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

"i get told mine is ok - recent pics always on show - i send lovely messages as well most of the time- bloody hell im just bob on "

I'd say is better than ok, stunning pics x

Brighton

Quite validly a lot of you are pointing out that ladies are bombarded with mail even if they make no effort at all with a blank or virtually blank profile. Fair point.

Equally it's a common complaint that men don't take time to craft a decent message.

Well, if you give us nothing to go on you're not getting a message from me let alone a well crafted one. In fact a well crafted one isn't possible as you've given us nothing to work with.

Of course none of this will stop you getting bombarded with stupid FAF messages.

But you can do more the increase the proportion of relevant well thought out messages you receive.

By *wesomeSauce!Man  over a year ago

Brighton

[Removed by poster at 09/09/17 09:09:38]

By *wesomeSauce!Man  over a year ago

Brighton

"Well, if you give us nothing to go on you're not getting a message from me let alone a well crafted one. In fact a well crafted one isn't possible as you've given us nothing to work with."

That's very true. I have often had to pass on sending a message, even when I really wanted to, because I have no idea what to write due to lack of information.

"Well, if you give us nothing to go on you're not getting a message from me let alone a well crafted one. In fact a well crafted one isn't possible as you've given us nothing to work with.

That's very true. I have often had to pass on sending a message, even when I really wanted to, because I have no idea what to write due to lack of information."

you could ask for a clue as to what they want -

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I think mine describes me perfectly

Brighton

"Well, if you give us nothing to go on you're not getting a message from me let alone a well crafted one. In fact a well crafted one isn't possible as you've given us nothing to work with.

That's very true. I have often had to pass on sending a message, even when I really wanted to, because I have no idea what to write due to lack of information.

you could ask for a clue as to what they want - "

Well I have done something like that before, wouldn't describe it as well crafted though

"

We could. But I prefer the practical hands on approach to find out what she wants

"

We could. But I prefer the practical hands on approach to find out what she wants "

- just imagine the physical rebuff as opposed to a deleted message -

I think it's bloody difficult to write a profile that says what you're looking for without being ranty.

I try and inject some humour into mine and so far I've had positive responses to it which is good

"

We could. But I prefer the practical hands on approach to find out what she wants

- just imagine the physical rebuff as opposed to a deleted message - "

Did you politely recoil your body away from me?

Brighton

"I think it's bloody difficult to write a profile that says what you're looking for without being ranty.

I try and inject some humour into mine and so far I've had positive responses to it which is good "

Humour is always good. It's right up there with cake

"

Did you politely recoil your body away from me? "

i wasnt meaning myself - just a general thought

Sick of so many women on here that say they are single and they are not.

Im just glad im not bothered about single women any more! I prefer guys or a couple with a bi male.

"I think it's bloody difficult to write a profile that says what you're looking for without being ranty.

I try and inject some humour into mine and so far I've had positive responses to it which is good "

It's hard to not sound egotistical as well as not sounding like your an easy shag. You try to balance humour without making yourself sound like it's all a big laugh. You try to keep it short without leaving all the unwanted questions.

I've never read a profile where It didn't leave me unsure if I matched with them.

I only discover that through talking.

I try and inject some humour into mine and so far I've had positive responses to it which is good

Humour is always good. It's right up there with cake "

You know, I'm bloody sick of cake being mentioned all the time on here

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

You know, I'm bloody sick of cake being mentioned all the time on here "

Got to be better than the 'grabs popcorn' comment

"

Did you politely recoil your body away from me?

i wasnt meaning myself - just a general thought "

. I generally think of everyone rebuffing me too.

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

More sentences in capital letters please there simply not enough.

Brighton

"

Sits in garden with coffee and chocolate hobnobs to see where this one is going

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Sits in garden with coffee and chocolate hobnobs to see where this one is going "

Chocolate Hobhobs for breakfast? How decadent

Brighton

Chocolate Hobhobs for breakfast? How decadent "

It's more to do with running out of bacon

It's more to do with running out of bacon "

What?? No bacon? That's unforgivable

Advice? As if you ladies going to listen to men. Lol...

But one thing annoy me is, racial discrimination requirement written in CAPITAL and a line following to that saying ' I am not racist, but it is my preference' haven't seen that in men's profile, why do ladies do that..

Brighton

It's more to do with running out of bacon

What?? No bacon? That's unforgivable "

I'm on the naughty step for sure

By *ocks99Man  over a year ago

Reading

"Quite validly a lot of you are pointing out that ladies are bombarded with mail even if they make no effort at all with a blank or virtually blank profile. Fair point.

Equally it's a common complaint that men don't take time to craft a decent message.

Well, if you give us nothing to go on you're not getting a message from me let alone a well crafted one. In fact a well crafted one isn't possible as you've given us nothing to work with.

Of course none of this will stop you getting bombarded with stupid FAF messages.

But you can do more the increase the proportion of relevant well thought out messages you receive."

^^^^^This

If you do get a reply, it's usually 'not looking for xyz'. Say so in you profile then

"I guess a lot of single women don't pay much attention to their profiles, as they'll be swamped with messages regardless. In fact, I know from ladies we know, they often purposely put very little.

"

Love this, it's very true.

"Advice? As if you ladies going to listen to men. Lol...

But one thing annoy me is, racial discrimination requirement written in CAPITAL and a line following to that saying ' I am not racist, but it is my preference' haven't seen that in men's profile, why do ladies do that.. "

I listen.

I like those profiles because I know immediately I'm not compatible with them. See it as a positive.

"More pics. If you've got room for 50 pictures, why do you only have 3 on view and one is a shoe? "

Hahaha

By *entatentMan  over a year ago

Tooting

I'm always polite try to be funny and I get the occasional reply your not for me! That's better than no reply especially as I'm never rude and do try to be cordial. What's the point in sending a nice message!?

By *ornCouple  over a year ago

Sedgemoor

Last one I got made it quite clear what he wanted but he lives the other side of the country

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I fell into the trap of my profile turning from little miss interesting to little miss rants pants, so I knew I had to change it. But most men don't read it as all I get is 'hi, how r u?

I'm sure there are plenty of things on my profile they could pick to show they have read it and why they have decided to message me, but no, most men just think no effort is required and end up thinking that women are up their own arse because they don't reply. Either way you can't win.

content tbh.

and by content I mean useable information about yourself or what you are looking for.

a list of 100 donts is dull and uninformarive.

"I fell into the trap of my profile turning from little miss interesting to little miss rants pants, so I knew I had to change it. But most men don't read it as all I get is 'hi, how r u?

I'm sure there are plenty of things on my profile they could pick to show they have read it and why they have decided to message me, but no, most men just think no effort is required and end up thinking that women are up their own arse because they don't reply. Either way you can't win. "

one thing is say is you're a bit redundant in a few of the paragraphs making it longer/less relevant so people are more likley to not bother (I think of people on here of having the attention span of a kitten).

like you say you want to build friendship/rapport with meets through a social etc first theres then no need to spend the better part of two paragraphs saying you won't do fuck an go/travelling hotel meets as you've already covered it.

not being critical just tryinf to use an example of how on here a lot of people go for negatives even when giving a positive bit of info.

shitty example but;

if you only like vanilla ice cream on your profile you could put.

"I like vannila ice cream!"

or "i only lile vannila ice cream"

but on here we tend to get

"I only like vanilla ice cream, so don't bother if you got chocolate, dont message me if you got caramel and no I dont want your proxy peach sorbet!"

it adds nothing but makes the person seem more negative

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I fell into the trap of my profile turning from little miss interesting to little miss rants pants, so I knew I had to change it. But most men don't read it as all I get is 'hi, how r u?

I'm sure there are plenty of things on my profile they could pick to show they have read it and why they have decided to message me, but no, most men just think no effort is required and end up thinking that women are up their own arse because they don't reply. Either way you can't win.

one thing is say is you're a bit redundant in a few of the paragraphs making it longer/less relevant so people are more likley to not bother (I think of people on here of having the attention span of a kitten).

like you say you want to build friendship/rapport with meets through a social etc first theres then no need to spend the better part of two paragraphs saying you won't do fuck an go/travelling hotel meets as you've already covered it.

not being critical just tryinf to use an example of how on here a lot of people go for negatives even when giving a positive bit of info.

shitty example but;

"I only like vanilla ice cream, so don't bother if you got chocolate, dont message me if you got caramel and no I dont want your proxy peach sorbet!"

it adds nothing but makes the person seem more negative"

I get you but sometimes it is hard to balance out the crap. Whilst remaining to be 100% positive, but I'll have a think and maybe tweak it a little later on

shitty example but;

it adds nothing but makes the person seem more negative

I get you but sometimes it is hard to balance out the crap. Whilst remaining to be 100% positive, but I'll have a think and maybe tweak it a little later on "

yeah, ive noticed though people who aren't going to read a profile aren't going to read a list of donts either

so tailor your profile to the person you want, yes you'll get crap messages saying hi but you'd get them anyway.

key i think is to always try to increase your appeal with your target group, as opposed to trying to reduce your appeal to your non target group

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

It's more to do with running out of bacon "

No Bacon!

Hang your head in shame.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I'm keeping my eye on this thread! I've been tinkering around with my profile content since I joined and I'm still not getting messages from the right kind of guys (or gals)!

Sometimes I wonder if they actually exist!!!

I'm amazed any girl on here doesn't get any meets

"....I'm still not getting messages from the right kind of guys (or gals)!

Sometimes I wonder if they actually exist!!! "

I like getting messages from the wrong type of women.

» Add a new message to this topic