FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What do i do?

What do i do?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ong legs n Lingeire OP   Woman  over a year ago

it up to me neck. :-)

Had a fab few years on here. Met some amazing people, who I still keep in touch with, and I still want to meet again, But!! Just got involved with a vanilla friend (who came into my life by pure accident). He is older than me (something new to me), has a few personal issues (which I knew about and understand), but it feels so right.

Do I ditch my fab profile, or keep hold?

All comments gratefully appreciated (good or bad).

Thanks for listening. Xxxxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I myself would keep hold of the profile ....maybe just hide it

So you can come back at some point in time

"I myself would keep hold of the profile ....maybe just hide it

So you can come back at some point in time "

Thanks lovely. Xx

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Keep your profile and pop in every now and then

"Keep your profile and pop in every now and then"

Thank you. I'm thinking that. X

By *anielpiercedMan  over a year ago

by the seaside

Mothball.your profile for a bit just in case you want to come back at some point xx

"Mothball.your profile for a bit just in case you want to come back at some point xx "

Thanks lovely. Darn this is tough.

I concur....keep the profile.

Does your new fella know about fab/can you see him getting involved in the lifestyle? Xx

"Had a fab few years on here. Met some amazing people, who I still keep in touch with, and I still want to meet again, But!! Just got involved with a vanilla friend (who came into my life by pure accident). He is older than me (something new to me), has a few personal issues (which I knew about and understand), but it feels so right.

Thanks for listening. Xxxxx "

It really isn't easy starting again on Fab, if I could roll back the clock I'd of kept my profile hidden and just used the forums x

"I concur....keep the profile.

Does your new fella know about fab/can you see him getting involved in the lifestyle? Xx"

He knows about it, but I don't want him involved. I kinda like the me and him thing. Who knows, maybe one day? I'm so confused.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Definitely keep the profile just hide it, until you see how things go, it doesn't make you a pessimist just a realist, life isn't easy

I would want to delete my profile. That way it's gone and not lurking in the background.

"Had a fab few years on here. Met some amazing people, who I still keep in touch with, and I still want to meet again, But!! Just got involved with a vanilla friend (who came into my life by pure accident). He is older than me (something new to me), has a few personal issues (which I knew about and understand), but it feels so right.

It really isn't easy starting again on Fab, if I could roll back the clock I'd of kept my profile hidden and just used the forums x"

Think I may keep my profile, just hide a while. Deleted one profile (for different reasons) and regretted it. X.

"Definitely keep the profile just hide it, until you see how things go, it doesn't make you a pessimist just a realist, life isn't easy "

Thank you. Xx

By *xelciscoMan  over a year ago

Reading/bracknell

Hi L,

It boils down to.. How mich are you willing to sacrifice to get what you want in life.. ?

Also.. if he found out and walked out.. How would you feel.. ?

What is the truth in your heart... ?

Good luck !

Axel

"I would want to delete my profile. That way it's gone and not lurking in the background. "

I totally understand that. It's why I'm so mucked up!! Appreciate your post, thanks. Xx

"Hi L,

It boils down to.. How mich are you willing to sacrifice to get what you want in life.. ?

Also.. if he found out and walked out.. How would you feel.. ?

What is the truth in your heart... ?

Good luck !

Axel"

Thanks lovely. I have a lot of thinking to do. Xxx

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

If he knows about it, then use it to both your advantage, what satisfies you and maybe turns him on, trust is everything. Break that trust and you have no complaints and welcome back to the single life on Fab

"I would want to delete my profile. That way it's gone and not lurking in the background.

I totally understand that. It's why I'm so mucked up!! Appreciate your post, thanks. Xx"

It's how my brain works. I can't have things hanging around that I'm not using. Hope you make the right decision for you. Life can go by very quickly.

Not a criticism but I think you have already made your mind up to keep it - and I always say to with your gut instincts

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

As others have said, just hide and have it as back up if things don't work out

Be honest with the new partner, tell them about it, ask them their views. You then need to decide what's right for you. However that said the fab community will always offer you support and advice.

One way to think of it how would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot?

"If he knows about it, then use it to both your advantage, what satisfies you and maybe turns him on, trust is everything. Break that trust and you have no complaints and welcome back to the single life on Fab "

Wouldn't you think it would be better for them to concentrate on their new relationship before involving Fab?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If he had a profile on a swinging site would you be happy for him to keep it? I always say never start a relationship with secrets.

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

"If he knows about it, then use it to both your advantage, what satisfies you and maybe turns him on, trust is everything. Break that trust and you have no complaints and welcome back to the single life on Fab

Wouldn't you think it would be better for them to concentrate on their new relationship before involving Fab?"

Yes! I do....but the OP said he already knew about fab, if anything 'fab' should be a small part of their life

I had this dilemma when I met someone last year, deleted my profile in the end and thought well if it doesn't work out with him I can always rejoin it's not as if I'm only allowed to join fab once

"As others have said, just hide and have it as back up if things don't work out "

That's a defeatist attitude. Don't think about it failing. You can just as easily sign back up as you can log in again.

"If he knows about it, then use it to both your advantage, what satisfies you and maybe turns him on, trust is everything. Break that trust and you have no complaints and welcome back to the single life on Fab "

He knows I've been here but I kinda want to see how it goes just me and him. You are so right, fab is my fall back, and I mean that in the nicest possible way ( it's been my life for the past 4+ years) and I love this place. That's why this is so hard. X. Thanks. X

"I would want to delete my profile. That way it's gone and not lurking in the background.

I totally understand that. It's why I'm so mucked up!! Appreciate your post, thanks. Xx

It's how my brain works. I can't have things hanging around that I'm not using. Hope you make the right decision for you. Life can go by very quickly. "

X

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I would say hide the profile ignore fab for a while and see where it leads but despite all the advice you get here only you can decide what is right for you.

Fab and the forums are a great escape sometimes from daily realities and the forums alone do not necessarily mean that you would act outside what you feel comfortable with.

But there is only ever one real desicion to make ...you know what that is...its always the same...

Follow your

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"As others have said, just hide and have it as back up if things don't work out

That's a defeatist attitude. Don't think about it failing. You can just as easily sign back up as you can log in again."

I can't help it, I know men

"Not a criticism but I think you have already made your mind up to keep it - and I always say to with your gut instincts "

Not really, hence my post. Very confused.

Always said, after being single for over 8 years I would not get involved again, just have fun, that's why I love fab. But this guy has just gripped me, never expected it, but it's nice. Don't want my independence (fab life) taken from me, but don't want fab to get in the way. Xx

"As others have said, just hide and have it as back up if things don't work out

That's a defeatist attitude. Don't think about it failing. You can just as easily sign back up as you can log in again.

I can't help it, I know men "

I like to think they can't all be like that, but I'm divorced, so what do I know

"As others have said, just hide and have it as back up if things don't work out "

Thank you. Xx

Be honest with the new partner, tell them about it, ask them their views. You then need to decide what's right for you. However that said the fab community will always offer you support and advice.

One way to think of it how would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot?"

I have been honest to a certain degree, told him about my fab life. Just not told him I'd ditch fab for him ( too soon for a blog statement Like that).

"If he had a profile on a swinging site would you be happy for him to keep it? I always say never start a relationship with secrets."

I would be perfectly happy for him to keep it and I'm sure he would me. My dilemma is. I never wanted commitment, but since meeting him I feel differently. Should I keep fab as a back up if things go tits up. Selfish I know!!

"Not a criticism but I think you have already made your mind up to keep it - and I always say to with your gut instincts

Always said, after being single for over 8 years I would not get involved again, just have fun, that's why I love fab. But this guy has just gripped me, never expected it, but it's nice. Don't want my independence (fab life) taken from me, but don't want fab to get in the way. Xx"

Then hide your profile and ignore it until you know where the relationship is going. If at Xmas it's just getting better and better then consider deleting for the new year!!

You can always rejoin ...

One way to think of it how would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot?

I have been honest to a certain degree, told him about my fab life. Just not told him I'd ditch fab for him ( too soon for a blog statement Like that). "

You never know, he might want to join you here.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"If he had a profile on a swinging site would you be happy for him to keep it? I always say never start a relationship with secrets.

I would be perfectly happy for him to keep it and I'm sure he would me. My dilemma is. I never wanted commitment, but since meeting him I feel differently. Should I keep fab as a back up if things go tits up. Selfish I know!!"

Why is it selfish to have a back up plan?

"Not a criticism but I think you have already made your mind up to keep it - and I always say to with your gut instincts

Always said, after being single for over 8 years I would not get involved again, just have fun, that's why I love fab. But this guy has just gripped me, never expected it, but it's nice. Don't want my independence (fab life) taken from me, but don't want fab to get in the way. Xx

Then hide your profile and ignore it until you know where the relationship is going. If at Xmas it's just getting better and better then consider deleting for the new year!!

You can always rejoin ... "

Thank you. Xx

You can always rejoin ...

Thank you. Xx"

Hope it all works out for you xx

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Hide your profile and see how things go.

Hope all goes well for you

"I would say hide the profile ignore fab for a while and see where it leads but despite all the advice you get here only you can decide what is right for you.

Fab and the forums are a great escape sometimes from daily realities and the forums alone do not necessarily mean that you would act outside what you feel comfortable with.

But there is only ever one real desicion to make ...you know what that is...its always the same...

Follow your "

Got some good advice in that man cave of yours!

I just knew when I posted this topic I would get some honest answers here.

Thank you all for your posts, as always.

You are an amazing bunch of people, with very mixed opinions (beauty of this place)

Just had a call of said male who is causing this dilemma, so going to sleep on his call, read all your fabulous replied in the morning and think long and hard about where I want to go with this.

Love you all. Na night. X.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

I hide it and hope.

Hope yours goes better than mine.

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

Firstly congratulations OP! I really hope everything goes well x

As others have said maybe hide the profile pop in and still use the forums etc and see how it all goes.

Here am I keeping fingers crossed (last of the old romantics me!)

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

just hide profile then you can pop back now and again to let us know how you are lovely lady xxx

I'd ditch Fab like a hot stone for the right man.

As Fergal Sharkey once sang..."A good heart these days is hard to find"

Even rarer if someone gives it to you.

If it goes tits up you can always rejoin.

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

What ever you decide I wish you happy. good luck sweet I'll miss you xxx

By *uicy72Woman  over a year ago

North Colchester

Defo keep

The profile until you know or feel 100% that you don't need it !

Pop in and out to check mail

Good luck OP..Dont delete,keep it on ice

By *rightonCheekyMan  over a year ago

Brighton

Hi OP

Obviously you've had some great advice and I wish you well in your new relationship. I just wanted to add something which may help:

I've come to feel there are three main types of single on Fab

1. I'm here for NSA and I don't do relationships full stop.

2. I'm here until I meet "the one" and then I'm off Fab into monogamous bliss, I ain't sharing.

3. I'm a swinger by nature and if along the way I find my ideal partner look out for our new couples profile.

Of course these are very broad brush and we evolve as people never truly knowing what is around the corner.

But if you identify yourself into one of the three broad categories I described it may help declutter your thoughts on how to proceed x

if you decide to keep the profile before you hide it change your profile text/headline to something like

"not meeting anyome just here for forums"

and remove any intimate/sexual pics

as if it ever comes to light in future like you accidently leave yourself logged in on the laptop.

that way at least he sees that not some outdated profile and thinks youve been cheating for months

I met someone via fabs - they were the committed swinger, multiple veri's, parties, organiser, etc.

I was new to fabs, totally fabs virgin and vanilla. Decided fabs wasn't for me, so I went unlos. She said she felt the same and supposedly did the same. Several weeks in, she was "working" at a property (big country house) and had some ex fab mates staying with her on the weekend (nope penny didn't drop) then going on "holiday with girls" turns out to be all from fabs - swingers resort, which she didn't disclose, until I found out. She claimed nothing happened. Gave her benefit of doubt. We dated for 2 years, and in all that time, yes I thought a lot of her, I initially trusted her, but she was simply one dimensional and way too sneaky and sly. She never stopped swinging.

The point being this. If you want a real relationship, then being a swinger and having a real relationship (with someone who doesn't care for that world) hiding the two, you're fooling yourself, and your partner.

Be in completely or be out completely.

Don't mix the two. Be honest. Because "hedging your bets" is just another way of being childish and playing games.

Grow up and have a real relationship if that's what you want. If not, carry on and enjoy the world you've created.

"I'd ditch Fab like a hot stone for the right man.

If it goes tits up you can always rejoin."

This is how I'd see it too. If he knows about Fab anyway, you could ask him what he thinks.

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

Exactly this

"I just knew when I posted this topic I would get some honest answers here.

Thank you all for your posts, as always.

You are an amazing bunch of people, with very mixed opinions (beauty of this place)

Just had a call of said male who is causing this dilemma, so going to sleep on his call, read all your fabulous replied in the morning and think long and hard about where I want to go with this.

Love you all. Na night. X. "

Hi LLnL, grab it with both hands, who knows where that adventure will take you. I'd ditch Fab and If things change I'm sure Fab will still be around. Good Luck! PBx

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

This

Has a few personal issues? Well, clearly he doesn't belong on here. Keep him well away, because people here don't have baggage or issues, they have spotless pasts unfettered by any suggestion of having lived at all.

Mmmm, baggage. I love when somebody hasn't been wrapped in cotton wool for years.

» Add a new message to this topic