FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How Mean!

How Mean!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ive been making a few phone calls recently, mostly to the same company and mostly to complain. I usually find myself coming off the phone deflated because Ive given in again.

I've worked in a call cantre and appreciate the person helping is tied as to what they can do. I also know what its like to deal with someone arsey on the phone!

So how mean can you be? Do you demand good customer service? Are you a shouter? Do you ask for a manager?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Ive been making a few phone calls recently, mostly to the same company and mostly to complain. I usually find myself coming off the phone deflated because Ive given in again.

I've worked in a call cantre and appreciate the person helping is tied as to what they can do. I also know what its like to deal with someone arsey on the phone!

So how mean can you be? Do you demand good customer service? Are you a shouter? Do you ask for a manager?

"

I know what you mean. Get the manager. Just keep repeating the phrase I want to speak to the person in charge, until they relent.

"Ive been making a few phone calls recently, mostly to the same company and mostly to complain. I usually find myself coming off the phone deflated because Ive given in again.

I know what you mean. Get the manager. Just keep repeating the phrase I want to speak to the person in charge, until they relent."

First port of call at the merest hint of trouble.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I like to think of my as consistent, firm but fair. I expect a certain level of customer service and if I'm not getting that I have no issue saying so. I don't shout though, shouters have lost the argument straight away I think. You can be assertive and get your point over without it. I don't give in easily, so they can't get rid of me too readily if I'm unhappy

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

I know what you mean. Get the manager. Just keep repeating the phrase I want to speak to the person in charge, until they relent."

I never am never usally rude to people on the phone but let rip yesterday when my shopping order was wrong for the fifth week running , i told them i would be shopping some where else , got a very apolegetic phone call this morning

And the manager just says exactly the same thing as the person you were speaking to before has said

I know what you mean. Get the manager. Just keep repeating the phrase I want to speak to the person in charge, until they relent.

And the manager just says exactly the same thing as the person you were speaking to before has said "

Move on to their manager then. Don't threaten to petrolbomb their premises though.

And the manager just says exactly the same thing as the person you were speaking to before has said

Move on to their manager then. Don't threaten to petrolbomb their premises though. "

We've had bomb threats at my work. They recommend you stay in the building now but years ago, you had to leave it. We spent a good few hours in a pub once whilst the building was searched

Move on to their manager then. Don't threaten to petrolbomb their premises though.

We've had bomb threats at my work. They recommend you stay in the building now but years ago, you had to leave it. We spent a good few hours in a pub once whilst the building was searched "

Now there's an idea to get a free day down the pub.

We've had bomb threats at my work. They recommend you stay in the building now but years ago, you had to leave it. We spent a good few hours in a pub once whilst the building was searched

Now there's an idea to get a free day down the pub. "

I'll give you my work number

By *eadonistCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Ashton under Lyne

I go directly to the ceo/md.. . Cuts out all the middle men.

Always try the polite approach but if i get know joy then i move on to the manager because the book is susposed to stop with them lol

"

That won't get me a free day off work tho

That won't get me a free day off work tho "

It will give you more than one free day when you get caught

Can someone call them for me and be mean?

It will give you more than one free day when you get caught "

Those days won't be free. They'll cost me shitloads!

"Can someone call them for me and be mean? "

Can't I call you and be nice?

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Demand to speak to manager and say straight away you are raising a complaint. Some companies will not regard it as a complaint till then.

Many service companies organisations have an ombudsman service so try to name drop that with the manager, if that doesn't work escerlate

Also ask for cfo, and CEO contact details. They might refuse, but then look up companies house, and mention you are sending a transcript of any conversations to directors and company secretary You can even look up before hand and say I want to speak to xyz personal assistant

I like complaining pmsl

"Can someone call them for me and be mean?

Can't I call you and be nice? "

Well id have to explain to you the ins and outsof my issue first so sure

Those days won't be free. They'll cost me shitloads! "

But you'll get free bed and board at Her Majesty's pleasure

email....

find the name of the MD/CEO via google. Then try and figure out the company email format (often via a contact page on their site)...

if all else fails try fred.blogs@, fredblogs@ etc

then wing said email their way

works a treat

lots of MDs like to get directly involved as they are often removed from the customers by layers of underlings...

Once had a call from the PA to MD of a mobile phone Co... issue resolved in 30mins

"Can someone call them for me and be mean?

Can't I call you and be nice?

Well id have to explain to you the ins and outsof my issue first so sure "

Fire away. I'm a good listener

Those days won't be free. They'll cost me shitloads!

But you'll get free bed and board at Her Majesty's pleasure "

I've heard the food and residents aren't the nicest there

We've had bomb threats at my work. They recommend you stay in the building now but years ago, you had to leave it. We spent a good few hours in a pub once whilst the building was searched "

O rry? How the hell is that safe!

O rry? How the hell is that safe! "

Because you could be walking towards where the bomb has been planted. They have all been hoax calls so far.

I kinda expect crap customer service over the phone.

The odd time I'll speak to someone helpful and who actually sounds like they do their job properly.

It's the fuckers you have to keeo repeating the problem to that winds me up

Ohhh let me have a shout at em! I love call centres, strictly by the script answers... until they get me! Haha

Ok Rubidoux... what's the issue, message and tell me if you like

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I'm quite calm and if I don't get what I expect I ask to speak to that person's superior! And so on, I usually get my own way

I'm calm with the people but I have a short tolerance so just take my business elsewhere.

I don't discuss anything, ever, with call centre operators. And for those who actually believe they're transferred to a supervisor, don't be so naive. The operator just swops phones with their adjacent buddy.

I think I'm a typical American when it comes to my expectations of customer service. And I think that makes British people think I'm a bitch.

I see transactional relationships for what they are, though. I try not to be mean, but I'm firm. I treat the businesses as the business treats me, and I see customer service agents as extensions of that business.

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"

I see transactional relationships for what they are, though. I try not to be mean, but I'm firm. I treat the businesses as the business treats me, and I see customer service agents as extensions of that business."

Asking for their formal complaints procedure often works well as it usually flashes up warning signs with them (they start thinking of the paperwork involved).

Not all complaints are justified.

Usually people complain because things haven't gone their way, not because they actually have anything to complain about.

Hi op. I work for a call centre company. It is frustrating when the agents you feel don't listen and or help.

From being on the front line my advice would be if your calling in again and again try and request the same agent then at least the information will be accurate each time.

Also ask the agent to note your call and give you updates rather than you calling back.

Of course speaking with a manager is there to help you but from experience 9 times put of 10 if you ask the agent if there is anything more a manager can do they will say no. Best thing to do is ask agent to put you on hold and check with manager because you will be able to tell if they have by the way they answer.

Unfortunately it's just as frustrating for us as agents as for you as customers due to red tape.

If none of the above works ask for a complaint esculation.

Mrs

I'm always polite , the person at the end of the phone isn't to blame

Also just to say you will never get through to Md or CEO if it's a big company. These emails then just get transferred back down the line to the agents in customer care or complaints.

The obusman also is there but there are 5 or 6 stages a company goes to before they will take your case.

Don't shout about it that will wind agent up. If they are being unhelpful ask to speak with someone else.

Due to government guidelines ECT the person your passed to has to be original agents superior in order to deal with complaint.

If you feel not getting it absolutely demand good service after all your footing the bill.

But Remember the people on the phone have thoughts ECT too and no one like being shouted at especially in a call centre as usually customer service are just the fall guys for someone else who messed up. Lastly on correspondence from company should be complaints line number call that if services not helping x

Always stay calm, they hate that! Lol

If it's a service, like TV or internet always say you will leave because you actually can do elsewhere. If you don't get what you want, try again the next day, sometimes getting a different person on a different sat yields better results!

"email....

find the name of the MD/CEO via google. Then try and figure out the company email format (often via a contact page on their site)...

if all else fails try fred.blogs@, fredblogs@ etc

then wing said email their way

works a treat

lots of MDs like to get directly involved as they are often removed from the customers by layers of underlings...

Once had a call from the PA to MD of a mobile phone Co... issue resolved in 30mins"

Great idea!

Thank you for sharing.

» Add a new message to this topic