FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hurrican Irma

Hurrican Irma

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A Hurrican of 185 miles per hours is about to hit the Carribean and florida.One thing we cant do is fight Mother nature,the hurrican could be catastrophic.How do you cope when everything you have is just gone,no home nothing.This is the biggest hurrican so far of our era.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm strong willed. And I start again. It might have taken me all my life to have what I have. it isn't much when I think of it all going, it's only stuff. That's how I would cope. I would rebuild it all, try to save some personal mementos.

It's getting bigger.

It's potential for destruction is phenomenal ....

Apparently its approaching the British Virgin Islands.....

I would expect Richard Branson's Island is well prepared but so many places in the Caribbean live in extreme poverty ....

I was shocked by the standard of make-shit accommodation I saw in Dominica and Haiti.....

I hope they escape the brunt of the storm ...

It is currently looking as a size of France

As long as you have your health and your safe everything else can be replaced - hope everyone is ok

To have to board up your home,and go to safer places,must be so traumatic,and comming back not knowing if your home has gone,at least they have time to gather personal belongings,guarantee some wont leave,which makes it a harder task for emergency services.I thank god that we are this side of the world,and with global warming hurricans are getting stronger.

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

And we winge about a bit of rain?.

I started a thread on this in the politics forum a few days back, I watched it develop off the coast of Africa shortly after Harvey.

It's rapid growth was quite alarming (it was a cat 3 out in the middle of nowhere).

It's just about to pass over some of the warmest waters in the world at about 32 degrees c, it's expected to grow when it does.

Just behind irma out in the Atlantic is another depression tracking behind it, this could lead to a very interesting scenario in about two weeks time when irma is expected to bounce off into the North Atlantic and the remnants come back round to refeed the new one.

But then there's another depression in the southern gulf that could also intensity, it's going to be interesting watching for the next fortnight

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I just escaped from Florida - what a relief! Flights sold out etc and the airport was crazy. On dry land in Arizona now - not read the thread as just got in.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

The size of France.

That's horrific just trying to imagine what it must be like to be caught up in that.

I wish those people all the luck in the world.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The terrible situation for many in rented homes is having to continue to pay rent when you can't live in it - and find somewhere else to live!

Mother nature ..Nature personified as a woman considered as the force and guide of creation.Mother nature has very weak points and very strong points,this one comming is Catostrophic.

» Add a new message to this topic