FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > London tube ticket help please!!

London tube ticket help please!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hortie OP   Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

Hi guys, I know this is gonna be quicker and easier than trawling the net

I need 'to do' London for the day in a couple of weeks. got my ticket already (bargain), to 'all london stations', which i figured would take me to wherever I wanted to go including tubes. Doesn't look like it.

So, I'll need a tube ticket, but can i get an all zones thingy in advance? Do I even need all zones?? And can I do it online - is it any cheaper, or is it easy to get once I land?

I land in Euston, need to get to the Excel arena.

TIA!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I always use the contactless card thing using the tube and stuff in London. It makes me feel like I'm magic.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you use contactless and stay in certain zones then it stops at a cap, about £7 unlimited travel per day, don't quote me on this tho

Contactless on your debit card will tap you in and out of every tube and on to buses. Way cheaper than buying a day ticket and less hassle than queing for an oyster card

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Get a cash oyster card from the ticket machine , costs £10 with £5 credit preloaded. When you finish put it back into the machine for refund or alternatively keep it for next time

By *3xyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

swingers town

"If you use contactless and stay in certain zones then it stops at a cap, about £7 unlimited travel per day, don't quote me on this tho "

I asked the staff the other day and he said £9.50.

By *arksMan  over a year ago

in the centre

12.30 for a day travel pass will allow you to travel in zones 1-6

By *aturelover2016Man  over a year ago

London

"If you use contactless and stay in certain zones then it stops at a cap, about £7 unlimited travel per day, don't quote me on this tho "

Sorry couldn't resist!

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Seems like there are a few options but I've always gone for an oyster card. You can get them at Euston, ask the lovely lady how much she thinks you need and go from there

"Hi guys, I know this is gonna be quicker and easier than trawling the net

I need 'to do' London for the day in a couple of weeks. got my ticket already (bargain), to 'all london stations', which i figured would take me to wherever I wanted to go including tubes. Doesn't look like it.

So, I'll need a tube ticket, but can i get an all zones thingy in advance? Do I even need all zones?? And can I do it online - is it any cheaper, or is it easy to get once I land?

I land in Euston, need to get to the Excel arena.

TIA!!! "

They have cap on Oyster card and on contactless debit card, you will be charged around max £12 a day, ,so no point getting anything in advance, just use your contactless card if u have one.

Have a good time at London.

Euston underground station to Custom House for excel will cost £3.30 peak times and £2.80 off peak for a single journey.

By *hortie OP   Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

"Euston underground station to Custom House for excel will cost £3.30 peak times and £2.80 off peak for a single journey. "

Think this is the way I will go, tho not to Custom house as its under development til december, so Prince Regent it is :D

Debit card is not contactless And can't be arsed faffing around with an oyster card just for a one off trip, even tho I understand you can get a refund on it and any unused pre-payment.

Thank you all so much!!

By *ornyal138Man  over a year ago

bromley kent

Any contactless card, debit or credit will work just make sure you use the same card every time

If not work out the furthest station zone you will go and get a travel card that includes that station. Use all day on bus, train and tube.

By *obin_and_marionMan  over a year ago

Beaconsfield

If you have a contactless debit or credit card use that... its the cheapest way to travel around london... just tap in and out with your card.... not registration required.

By *obin_and_marionMan  over a year ago

Beaconsfield

BTW I think you'll find that the price difference between paper tickets and oyster still makes buying an oyster card cheaper.

» Add a new message to this topic